[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wow... I'm in shock. Michael Bay made this and it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
File: images.jpg (148 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
148 KB, 720x1080
Wow... I'm in shock. Michael Bay made this and it's 10x better than American Sniper or Lone Survivor. What's going on?

What a technically superb movie...
>>
>>70501620
agree, all the stars were aligned for this one - didn't even cringe once
>>
for once, Michael Bay wasn't the worst thing about a movie. but that doesn't mean it was great. the script failed to differentiate between any of the six protagonists in any meaningful way. they're not defined by anything more than "soldier with a family", except for the one that reads philosophy and the one who plays video games.
>>
>>70501620
People need to understand this. It was really really good. I'm so unhappy about the fate of this terrific film.
>>
Amazing film. Absolutely loved it
>>
>>70501620
>>70501675
>>70501764
>>70501804
>>70501824
I honestly can't tell if you all are memeing or not, but in all seriousness this was a good movie. The one thing I didn't really like about it was the fact that the guy with the M240B never did a barrel change throughout the entire movie. Other than that, it was kino.
>>
>>70501620
From both a commercial and critical point of view, it never stood a chance.

Putting aside how left leaning sites like RT are, the depiction of white dudes operating all over brown dudes is a death sentence for films, even if its biographical in nature.

It's a shame really. Beyond the slow first act and the awkward one liners tossed in here and there, it was a pretty good watch. I'm still surprised at how apolitical this film was as a whole.
>>
You can count me in for anything that graphically shows Americans experiencing violent deaths.
>>
my only gripe is the arcing RPGs
>>
The whole time I thought Jim looked so awkward, kept on expecting him to stare into the camera all deadpan and shit.

Cringy dialogue too. Cool military stuff I guess. 7/10
>>
File: dont tell pam Im in Libya.jpg (115 KB, 435x435) Image search: [Google]
dont tell pam Im in Libya.jpg
115 KB, 435x435
>>70501620
>mfw they didn't go left
>>
>>70501973
News flash, army guys are the cheesiest comedians out there.

T. grew up on a military base.
>>
>>70501990
Uhh... don't watch this then.
>>
Saw it yesterday. It's alright fun to watch, but don't think it's a good movie though.
Couldn't stand Jack Silva his babyface.
The hatred versus the CIA chief (especially in the end) was just to let viewers see these tough soldiers dont want anything to do with bureaucracy and shit (like Trump??).
The whole 'go left' thing was just totally obvious.
The action looked cool but it was not really realistic.
>>
>>70501990
You'll be disappointed as it shows strong white men operating the shit out of monkeys
>>
>>70502678
The chief was just as retarded in the book, but I think it was more or less the operators just venting at the top to bottom failure by the US government to protect those people. They were frustrated, considering they more then likely saw an incident like this in the pipeline given their experience.

Labeling it a consulate to save money, having no quick response elements in the area, and not beefing up security on the anniversary of September 11th are unjustifiable.

Even the fucking ambassador felt uncomfortable by the situation, but he was ignored.
>>
>"All fucking muzzies must fucking hang."

Wow, i mean i get it Michael Bay was trying to depict them as ruthless warriors but this was a bit too much
>>
>>70501973
>sites like RT
RT is an example of nothing but the ways that the Russians will use media to divide westerners.
>>
>>70502249
This is the main argument I keep seeing pop up against this movie, and it's your own damn fault for typecasting him in your mind. I for one never watched The Office, so I thought he was just fine as a drama/action lead
>>
>>70503643
>Rotten Tomatoes
>>
that scene where they tortured the 16 year old arab kid was a bit too gruesome for my taste

>lets light up these fucking sandniggers

really, michael bay? really? how was this ever greenlit by hollywood
>>
>>70501620
>he didn't know Michael Bay is unironically one of the most talented directors alive
pleb
>>
I personally loved it. Bay actually put in the right amount of explosions, without overdoing it. The characters were all well done, and acted amazing. The story was true to the details from what I've heard too, and god damn the cinematography was great. The only thing that i had a gripe about was about the picture falling from the sly after Woods's death, it was cheesy as hell but I mean you have to expect something like that from Bay. Either way million times better than American PTSD, Lone Survivor, and slightly better than Zero dark thirty
>>
>>70501620
american sniper and lone survivor are works of fiction about soldiers who have lied about their accomplishments. that entire final battle in lone survivor was entirely fictional, etc.

13 hours is alright
>>
File: 1387148997570.gif (2 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1387148997570.gif
2 MB, 240x180
Bay is one of the most technically proficient directors alive. Go watch Pain and Gain right now
>>
>>70501620
it's funny how tense all the buildups to the shootouts were but the actual shootouts were boring as fuck
>>
>>70501620

We are living in the time line where Michael Bay has made one of the best films of the year.
>>
>>70501620
What was her fucking problem?
>>
File: heat3.jpg (248 KB, 824x342) Image search: [Google]
heat3.jpg
248 KB, 824x342
>>70501917
>The one thing I didn't really like about it was the fact that the guy with the M240B never did a barrel change throughout the entire movie.
It's not directed by Michael Mann, anon.
>>
>>70503643
Rotten Tomatoes not Russia Today
>>
File: VZM.IMG_20160603_160254.jpg (92 KB, 1301x785) Image search: [Google]
VZM.IMG_20160603_160254.jpg
92 KB, 1301x785
>4 Posters ITT
LMAO YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
File: 500px-ChristianRockHard10[1].jpg (54 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
500px-ChristianRockHard10[1].jpg
54 KB, 500x500
>>70511542
>>
>>70501620
just finished watching it.
easily one of the best movies of the year.
Couldn't believe it.
there are some bay trademarks here and there but nonetheless it was incredible.
>>
>>70501620
Should watch Pain and Gain even better.

Truth is Bay is a talented director, he just creates Transformers shit cause he knows its a formula that makes money.

He'd be perfect working for Disney
>>
>>70511977
I still find the Transformers movies fun to watch. Seems like he uses the high budgets to just try out new technology and fuck around.
>>
>>70511977
>He'd be perfect working for Disney
actually this
>>
>>70511542
Because you can only discuss films when 100 posters all post 1 post?

Fucking kill yourself idiot
>>
File: Heat.jpg (708 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Heat.jpg
708 KB, 1920x1080
>>70509148
That's a glorious screencap you got there mate. Val Kilmer at his prime.

Seriously though, no one does gunfights like Michael Mann. Heat still gets my vote for best shootout scene of all time.
>>
>>70501764
Bro this movie isn't going to win any awards or have analysis essays written on them. The story was exciting and everything else played nicely into it. Nothing more nothing less.
>>
>>70502629
I can confirm this
All the shitty jokes and meat head bravery are all very authentic.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.