[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your honest opinion on Orange is The New Black? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: MyWaifuStella.png (419 KB, 594x393) Image search: [Google]
MyWaifuStella.png
419 KB, 594x393
What is your honest opinion on Orange is The New Black? I'm a fairly conservative guy and I realize that it glorifies a lot of liberal themes, but I felt that the overall story and dynamic played through and I've enjoyed the three seasons that I've watched. Lorna Morello and Stella have to be my favorite characters so far. It definitely lived up to good reviews, in my opinion.

(some of the lesbians are hot too)
>>
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO HER?!?
>>
I liked the 1st season but it turned into Tumblr crap after that
>>
>>70499160
much like the creators previous show 'weeds', OITNB is filled with hollow characters whose solo purpose is to act as a mouth piece for is poorly thought out liberal ideas
>>
>>70499160
I feel that a lot of the time, it's not meant to glorify these women.

The show's characters shat on both Piper and that bright eyed liberal chick when they started spouting their liberal bullshit. It felt pretty neutral when it told most of the stories of how they ended up in prison and while most of the white men are viewed in a "bad" light I feel they also have the better end of the stick than the main characters.

Alex and Piper are in a toxic as fuck relationship and Piper's old fiance goes on to fuck a hotter, more sane girl and end up having a stable relationship for one example
>>
File: piper alex.gif (955 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
piper alex.gif
955 KB, 500x281
I enjoy it without any shame.
>>
Its bad Wentworth
>>
Stiper >>>>> Vauseman

alex and piper are legit terrible for each other
>>
>>70499218
Would still smash
>>
it started okay but now its spinning its wheels. netflix knows people only watch it for tits
>>
>>70499160
SJW crap for female feminists and the men cucked by them.
>>
Season 1 was pretty entertaining. Season 2 was not too bad. Season 3 felt like the writers had half-assed everything. Sucks that they're going to drag it out to season 7/8.
>>
>>70499432
Because they failed to capitalize off of the good ass first season finale they made and now it's spiraling hard and fast.

Second season had some good moments but ultimately mediocre and third season was just shit.
>>
>>70499160
Production values feel garbage. Hard to watch and take seriously, but I guess it flipped to more comedy over the years? Overall, it feels like a shoddy Arrested Development type show without the humor (or rather, shitty humor).

Nothing likable at all.
>>
File: 1464517337872.jpg (31 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
1464517337872.jpg
31 KB, 300x450
>>70499160

>I'm a fairly conservative guy

not if you're actually watching episode after episode of this show, m8.
>>
>>70499517
The show was always a "dramedy".
>>
>>70499496
Haven't seen season 3 but usually when I hear stuff like I find it to be exaggerated later on.

I will give them that Weeds fizzled out in later seasons. But I genuinely expect this to remain at a decent quality throughout.
>>
>>70499464
Like >>70499330 said though, the really liberal ideas in the show aren't even played in a great light. Most of the lesbian relationships inside the prison are fucked up in some way. It turns out that a relationship between a felon girl and a free man don't work out. Not too much racemixing either.
>>
>>70499160
>I'm a fairly conservative guy and I realize that it glorifies a lot of liberal themes
What, afraid to look at something with a different perspective? Afraid to have what you believe in challenged? Pussy.

Show sucks ass though.
>>
It's great. And any criticism of the show for being "liberal" is entirely superficial.

None of the women incarcerated are given an excuse for being there.

The only thing "liberal," I suppose, is that they show SOME of the lesbians in a positive light.

So, if women, and in particular lesbians, presented as positive makes it "liberal" then DONT EVER FUCKING REPLY TO ME.
>>
File: Ruby Rose 2-20150623-125.jpg (76 KB, 470x654) Image search: [Google]
Ruby Rose 2-20150623-125.jpg
76 KB, 470x654
>>70499218
>>
>>70499160
You're probably just an average type conservative, not the 4chan retard conservative where any show that isn't about an blonde Chad beating the shit out of brown people is "Jewish leftist propaganda"
>>
>>70499663

>JUSTLOVE
>>
netflix programming in general has gotten so shitty, its why they keep buying all britbong dramas instead. narcos and capeshit is about the only decent thing they have.
>>
>>70499572
It fell off very quickly because they had to write Alex out of season 2 real fast. They didn't really do much with what happened after the season 1 finale and the third season failed to bring back what everyone liked about the first season.

Ruby Rose was hot in the third season but they did nothing with her character other than using her as a way to show Piper getting crazier
>>
>>70499518
Okay, you got me, fiscally conservative and socially libertarian.

>>70499594
Nah, that's why I watched it in the first place.

>>70499600
Well it does play privatization in a very bad light; that's more of what I was thinking of as liberal. I don't have anything against lesbians or transwomen, or else I probably wouldn't have enjoyed every minute of the show that I watched. When I said it was liberal, I probably used the wrong words. I just got that vibe, and lots of other people did too.

>>70499667
thank u
>>
Season 1 is god tier.

Season 2 is meh

But season 3... was absolute dogshit. I've never seen a worse season of any television show on TV. Just drop the show at this point. There are many other Netflix exclusives that are way better.
>>
>>70499218
nigger culture. forever tainted.
>>
>>70499160
>I'm a fairly conservative guy
So some reason this made me kek
>>
>>70499770
>I just got that vibe, and lots of other people did too.

No. literally nobody complains about that. At least not here. The show is "about women" and has lesbians and transpeople in it. So, to the apes, it's leftist garbage.

However, privatization of prisons does seem like a weird idea. It's a purely governmental function. But, I guess if it saves money and still works well, then why not?
>>
File: my-sides.jpg (43 KB, 433x378) Image search: [Google]
my-sides.jpg
43 KB, 433x378
>>70499354
>this is women think female prisons are like
>>
The first season was pretty good for what it was, I think most people would agree. But it feels stale now; like most long-running television series it's lost a lot of luster.
>>
>>70499909
I have seen a lot of people complain about that. People are complaining about it *in this very thread*. I'm not though.

I think government is inherently immoral and corrupt, so I'm not a fan of public prisons. The show did bring up a lot of issues for me that I haven't thought about before, though. Legalization of recreational drugs is something I definitely want, and I certainly think prisons should be more for rehabilitation now than I did before.
>>
>>70499914

Come on m8. That's stretching it. It's a 'happy coincidence' within the show. It wouldn't have half the audience if it took place in a harsher prison which is something they've actually visited within the show.
>>
>>70499914
>Anon thinks he knows what a women's prison is like.
>>
>>70500243
You only need to drive past one while the inmates are outside, on lunch break, to deduce that they aren't
>>
>>70500403
That they aren't what?
>>
>>70500711
THAT WOMENS' PRISONS AREN'T LIKE THAT.
>>
>>70500742
Maybe you drive by a maximum security
>>
1 & 2 were fun and interesting minus some characters.

3 was fucking boring. Just completely dull.
>>
>>70499160
>tfw 100% straight but only attracted to girls with hair length like this
>>
>>70501486
Me too but I also like traps with hair like this
>>
>>70501628
Not the same at all you fag
>>
>>70501662
No I can respect the choice in hair style and appaerance, she's really hot. It's just if I met someone like her, I don't think I'd care what's down there you know what I mean
>>
>>70501729
you're gay
>>
>>70499160
Fucking boring, I enjoyed the current Gundam than this horseshit
>>
>>70501788
Fine, I take solace in the fact that I'm at least 85% straight
>>
>>70499464
what a fucking homo you are
>>
Season 1 was consistently great
Season 2 had moments of greatness in between long stretches of boring
Season 3 was terrible
Not watching season 4
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.