[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What movie are you waiting for before jumping in 4k?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: apocalypse now 4k.jpg (160 KB, 641x850) Image search: [Google]
apocalypse now 4k.jpg
160 KB, 641x850
What movie are you waiting for before jumping in 4k?
>>
I'm buying them now since they come with Blu-rays.

Will buy a set when I move intoa house
>>
>>70494923
I have about 150 Blu-rays. I'm not looking forward to having to upgrade.
>>
Lawrence of Arabia, since they've been marketing the 4k restoration for over a year now
>>70496474
you wont have to, for most

even on a 55" tv only the highest quality movies you'll notice a difference, if you're sitting more than 10' away like normal people

I have more than you, and I'm probably only going to upgrade about 10 or so and will keep buying regular Blu Ray's unless it's some kind of 70mm masterpiece or special effects amazement
>>
>>70496632
Thing is, though, you'll also need a new TV to get the most benefit, unless yours is already 4k with HDR
>>
>>70496718
true. I have a 4k monitor though, and 4k tvs will drop in price coincidentally with me moving out and getting my own place

I'm not rushing or anixious for any of it.
>>
I'm not, because we've already had 8K for over a year.
>>
>>70496885
Whose we?
>>
>>70496958
My we.
>>
>>70496958
Humanity

By the time 4K is affordable 8K will be within a year or two tops.
>>
>>70497026
Doubt it; a lot of movies are still only mastered in 2k, let alone 4k
>>
>>70496632
At 10 feet you'd a person with 20/20 vision will see no difference between a 55" 4k tv and a 1080p one
see: http://referencehometheater.com/2013/commentary/4k-calculator/
>>
>>70497087
Fair enough. The technology will be available and cheap enough. Whether or not the electronics companies will produce it instead of milking 4K for every penny they can remains to be seen, you're right.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.