[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was his problem? What would you have done if you were
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 600x450
What was his problem?

What would you have done if you were in his shoes?
>>
>>70488116
I would have killed Guy Pearce.
>>
>>70488116
A gangbang with Agent Smith's clones, maybe...?
>>
I would have demanded a Matrix simulation of my waifu
>>
>>70488116
>Find out that life is a game
>Just want to hack the game to have a sick life
>get pulled into a shitty world and a war without proper knowledge

He was right. Also did he kill Pie o My?
>>
Hop in
>>
the more important question is would the machines have fulfilled his wish?

agent smith aside they didn't seem to be petty or capable of holding grudges so i guess there's no reason not to plug him back in, right? then again, why go through the extra effort of catering to his wishes if you're in no way required to do so and there's no sentimentality or principles of honesty programmed into you?

what would have happened?
>>
>>70488116
Walked a mile in them
>>
>>70488272

SHE WAS A FUCKIN' HOOOORSE
>>
>>70488116
>taken from his shitty life with the promise of being becoming jesus
>turns out you're not jesus and life outside the matrix is even shittier than life inside the matrix
pretty simple motivation
>>
>What was his problem

What the fuck anon, there are multiple scenes where he just straight up tells another character in plain speak what his literal problem is. He is an extremely simple character for fucks sake.
>>
>>70489001

He was given the bitter redpill and wanted to become bluepilled. He rejected the truth for a lie. Fuck cypher and his goop.
>>
>>70488116
ask for more than some steak
>>
>>70488891
Machines wouldn't care, there's not reason not to. A happy battery, a working battery, an oblivious battery and their other problems get solved. It's not like it costs them anything to fulfill it.
>>
>>70489259

except the machines would have killed Cypher along with the whole ship once they were done with Morpheus. did you forget the sentinel attack? Cypher tried to bargain with the devil and got what he deserved.
>>
>>70489609

The machines aren't anything close to the devil. They aren't malicious, just pragmatic in their goals. They tried to create a virtual paradise for us to live in while they farmed us. A complete 100% win-win scenario, where each and every human being would have had an infinitely better life than their "real" one would have been, but as it is explained in the movie our brains rejected it.
>>
>>70488116
Not burned down the stable with Tony's horse in it.
>>
>>70490283

The machines enslaved the humans and gave them a fantasy world so they could juice them for resources without trouble. How is that a good thing?

The real world was shit, and the humans would be at war with the machines, but at least it would be real. At least they would be free.
>>
>>70490533
>i'd rather have a shit reality than a virtual paradise despite me being oblivious to its fictitious nature
>>
>>70488116

>What would you have done if you were in his shoes?

Finish the job quickly instead of gloating about it.
>>
>>70490621
>dude planet earth is a virtual paradise!

maybe in your moms basement, fatty.
>>
>>70489151
I would have asked for a delicious life, and butter.
>>
>>70490533

If you would choose being free and having a shit life over being enslaved and having a great life in and of itself, you are a moron.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.