[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mad Men
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 9
File: grid-cell-21190-1371838844-10.jpg (80 KB, 490x475) Image search: [Google]
grid-cell-21190-1371838844-10.jpg
80 KB, 490x475
Am I supposed to believe someone who drinks everyday vomits from alcohol? I drink only twice a week (wagecuck), but sometimes to the point I keep forgetting to breathe and I haven't vomited in over a decade.
>>
>>70469257
They do. Watch the Louis Theroux doc on alcoholism.
>>
Do you ACTUALLY believe this?
>>
Empty stomach, nerves/anxiety
>>
>>70469257
>presupposing you drink as hard as the Don
>>
>>70469257
What's the last time you passed out on alcohol or being drunk while on an awkward social situation?
>>
>>70469257
I drink a lot and I'll randomly throw up some times
Last week I had like 2 shots of gin and a cigarette and I threw up then felt fine
>>
don drinks whiskey before breakfast
>>
File: Indian-Summer.jpg (37 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
Indian-Summer.jpg
37 KB, 612x380
>>70469257
It's a real life actor got fat so lets write gluttony into Peggy's story episode.
>>
>>70469445
She was pregnant in the show you dimb nigger
>>
>>70469422
Vomitting is basically the alcoholic's secret. Cures pretty much everything.
>>
>>70469374
>What's the last time you passed out on alcohol
does getting very sleepy after drinking 0.7-1L of alcohol and getting straight to bed count as passing out? if so, every week.
>being drunk while on an awkward social situation
I usually try not to attend those sober
>>
File: moss 122.jpg (95 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
moss 122.jpg
95 KB, 640x640
>>70469445
It's a fatsuit ya dink, because the character was pregnant. Let me guess, you only got that far before dropping it for being "too boring" or something.
>>
>>70469540
I love puking so much, I feel sl.clean and light afterwards, beest feeling ever.
>>
>>70469257
i can vomit from a few beers on an empty stomach, doesnt lie very well with me.
>>
>>70469618
/tv/ - television and bulimia
>>
>>70469642
That's okay Anon. We won't judge you if use crack cocaine instead.
>>
>>70469642
Asianfag pls go
>>
>>70469642
Are you gay?
>>
Moss is a Scientology
The fuck
But she seems normal unlike cruise
>>
>>70469888
scientologist*
>>
>>70469888
they use it for the dubs
>>
>>70469257
>lane embezzles a bit of money
>it really belonged to him anyway
>gets fired
>kills himself
>don lights a guy on fire in the korean war
>proceeds to steal his identity
>don gets away with it

FUCKING DROPPED
>>
it doesn't sound like you have a drinking problem. don's an alcoholic.
>>
>>70469995
You never worked a day in your life kid?
If this happens IRL repercussions would be worse
>>
File: cryingbitch.jpg (78 KB, 300x338) Image search: [Google]
cryingbitch.jpg
78 KB, 300x338
>You'll never watch Mad Men for the first time again.
>>
>>70469995
>>don gets away with it

Except for the whole crippling existential dread and guilt that subsequently follows him for every second of every day
>>
File: Lane Meredith.jpg (59 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Lane Meredith.jpg
59 KB, 600x800
>>70469995
That was just the last straw. He was already incredibly depressed stuck in a loveless marriage w his wife forcing him to move back to Bongistan, in love with a chocolate bunny.
>>
>>70469257

Im an alcohol and this happens eventually. Its not puking like "yo bro youre a lightweight" its from alcohol poisoning.
>>
>qt coworker texts me before some work party, asks me if I'm already heading there
>tell her I'll go to some pub and then go there
>she tells me she didn't want to go alone
>pretend I'm alpha and don't give a fuck, get absolutely smashed at the pub and then go to bed, wake up at noon
>she texted me like at 6 AM asking me why I didn't go and telling me she's really wasted
And from then on we're "friends" and whenever I tried to make a move she'd ignore me
>>
>>70470106
It's the type of show that in my second viewing i noticed a lot of things like how much the pilot predicted the ending
Example, that scene with Mencken and he said

"What you call love was invented by guys like me to sell nylons. You’re born alone and you die alone and the world just throws a bunch of rules on top of you to forget those facts. But I never forget. I live like there’s no tomorrow because there isn’t one."

Its something we notice through the series that
When he meets someone who has had a similar “disconnected” existence as him, he can’t help but pull closer to them.

/blog
The only show i have this feeling is Seinfeld (plz no bully)
>>
>>70469995
>not understanding the corporate world
>>
In my hardest but more experienced drunk days I would usually hurl in the morning after I woke up because of stale whiskey and beer stomach.
>>
>>70469562
when she get thick my madmen brah?
>>
Don drinks a lot, but that time he was absolutely plastered, something he never did often.
>>
>>70469257
Anyone that suffers alcoholism will regularly throw up.
>>
>>70469618
>>70469540
Good to know people like this will die young/unlikely to spread their seed.
>>
Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that the final season was undoubtedly the worst (not bad, just worse than any other season) and that the finale was a massive disappointment?

Maybe I need to re-experience the whole show but the finale was one of the least satisfying things in such an otherwise great show.

>omg he ended up meditating and making an ad for coca cola! amazing
>>
>>70469540

Weird how this works

>extremely dehydrated
>painfully hungover
>feel unable to exist
>try to drink some coffee and water
>puke out everything in stomach, mostly just bile, absorb none of the caffeine or water
>somehow feel immediately better

why
>>
>>70470686

MUHH SEEEED
>>
>>70470860
We cannot, no. Maybe you do indeed need a rewatch. It was astounding. The final half season was absolute kinography. No more hand-holding whatsoever. Auteur filmmaking. The finale was perfect, heart wrenching.
>>
>>70469995
what bothers me most is why did Don have to sign the check? Lane was the financial chief ffs
>>
>>70470991
theres gotta be a logical business answer to this, like checks and balances, another partner has to co-sign or something
>>
>>70470860
http://www.vulture.com/2015/05/mad-men-pilot-predicts-the-final-episodes.html
>>
>>70470362
I've experienced stuff similar to this. Situations where if I was sober I'd be on my hands and knees, going out of my way to do things for a grill. But when I'm drunk I almost don't care about abstract potential of maybe getting a bit closer to kissing her. I like what's in front of me, my mates, other girls, having a laugh.

Alcohol suppresses something in your mind to do with the long term/existing relationships.
>>
>>70470991

I don't tell you how to set up your partnership bruv
>>
I wanna resume watching , but the last episode I watched was 'this is where I grew up'. should I rewatch the whole thing or pick up where I left off?
>>
>>70470686
Come on man, I've got five kids to feed.
>>
>>70470948
>painfully hungover
do genuine alcoholics still get hangovers though? I stopped getting hangovers altogether when I started to drinking regularly every weekend. I only get them when I go really overboard, like the last time I got one, drinking 1L of whisky, waking up drunk after a few hours and immediately drinking a pint of rum in less than an hour.
>>
>>70472102
You mean the season 6 finale? I'd say probably just keep going. I just started season 7A.
>>
>>70472370
but I watched it when it aired years ago and I don't think I remember much
>>
>>70469885
Most gays I know are incorrigible boozehounds. If you define your masculinity by the fact that you can drink beer, you've got a very tenuous grasp on it.
>>
>>70469445
A CUTE!
>>
>>70469995
wtf I hate Jon Hamm now
>>
>>70469257
I drink hard every night and get sick every so often. Usually it's a combo of what I eat and drink. Stop using your job as an excuse for not drinking daily.
>not getting drunk every night and taking an upper to get through the day
>my liver's face when
>>
>>70473591
I've been drinking pretty much non stop for 4 years and my liver is fine.

I'm more annoyed than anything, really.
>>
>>70473591
>Stop using your job as an excuse for not drinking daily
I usually wake up drunk the next day and sober up past noon. I can't go to work like that.
>>
>>70469540
Well, it's a fast way to remove the poison from the body.
>>
>>70473591
an upper?
>>
>>70469257
>gee why do people get sick when they literally are poisoning themselves?

are you retarded, op?
>>
>>70475204

Are you a doctor? Your liver can't possibly be fine if you drink every day
>>
>>70469257
Alcoholics are puking all the time.
I had a neighbor who would leave his apt for the bar at noon everyday to spend the rest of the day there drinking. Then he'd back home at 3AM and puke his guts out. Every night.

Alcohol is the drug of choice for degeneracy.
>>
>>70469888
>Moss is a Scientology
Why must you betray me so, dubs?
>>
>>70469995
It's a britbong thing. You wouldn't understand.
>>
>>70470334
There's nothing alpha about being a degenerate alcoholic.
>>
>>70469257
I drank everyday for 16 years and probably only threw up 12 times or so. Very very few. Then again I got a friend that still drinks and throwing up is like a once week thing for him. He probably drinks a fifth and some beer every night.

>>70469320
Empty stomach is super common for alcoholics because they avoid food to get more drunk.
>>
>>70477011
....nah
>>
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (33 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
33 KB, 480x360
>>
>>70472351

Depends on the person. I find hangovers considerably worse now that I am older

True alcoholics probably get used to the feeling but also never really stay sober for long enough for it to kick in. I mean like true alcoholics don't actually face sobriety for months or even years, which is why they literally die when they go cold turkey the first time. If you drink every night and wake up "hungover" every morning then hangover becomes the norm and you learn to ignore the feeling. Probably not a great state to be in where you don't remember sobriety though
>>
Don was already ill when he appeared at the wake of Rogers mom, the drinking probably was the final straw.
>>
>>70477348
It's a 7 season show that takes place over a decade and it shows him vomiting one time

I also drink everyday and I vomited just yesterday off only a few beers, it happens
>>
>its a /tv/ is filled with alcoholics episode

these threads are always top notch

>tfw job so can't get obscenely drunk on Sundays anymore

probably quitting for good, save for special occasions and holidays eventually.
>>
>>70469888
wealthy actors join Scientology because they can pool their money into their mutual funds, collect high interest and pay no taxes.
>>
>>70470384
Not just that but it was about Lane as a person

He was so ashamed for being a failure, that's why his wife blames Don for "giving a man like that ambition."
>>
>>70476857
a beer or two won't do shit to your liver

a beer or two a day won't either

drinking everyday is fine if it's in moderation
>>
>>70469257

Depends on how you deal with your alcoholism and your general lifestyle.

Getting drunk every weekend is a lot easier now that I go to the gym Monday to Thursday, there is also a big difference between alcoholics and functioning alcoholics.
>>
>>70478363

And because they're idiots and probably have no real friends, end up confiding their darkest secrets to someone who will listen and then the cult holds that information as ransom in order to prevent them from leaving

It's kind of the same principle as catholic confession except that they openly record all of it and then straight up tell people that they will reveal their secrets if they attempt to leave

A good rule of thumb is to not join a cult. Then again if you play it right they are probably a great way to get some contacts especially in a town as batshit as LA

>>70478575

Liver also heals itself if you abstain from abuse. One of the few organs that can actually regenerate. Its generally pretty hard to die or even get liver failure/chirrosis, you have to be pretty acutely aware of how much you drink and how much it is hurting your liver and then continue on the same path and not stop. It will happen eventually but if you take semi-good care of your body on occasion it is pretty impossible to do with just alcohol.
>>
>>70478606

Drinking is very sustainable as a habit if you can control it. You can drink heavily if you can actually take breaks and have sober days.

The Mon-Thur sober Fri-Sun drunk routine is doable if your week is otherwise proper, eat well, drink a lot of water, exercise. A lot of preventions or precautions can be taken to minimize the effects of drinking.

Just pure drinking all day every day though is a very quick way to get yourself into some serious trouble though and I personally could not be able to do it
>>
>>70479156
But the flip side to this is that it tends to encourage binge drinking, which can cause even more damage to your liver.
>>
>>70479479

True. A liver can regenerate and heal in a matter of a month or two though so just take a month or two off from drinking like once a year and its all fine

I actually was sober for a month this year and it wasn't particularly difficult. Actually made me feel great and considerably more "active" and positive. Dunno why I went back to drinking actually lol
>>
>>70479479
how much alcohol can be considered binge drinking, let's say for someone who's average weight, 160-180lbs?
>>
>>70479655
Difficult to say, it would depend on your tolerance and binge drinking is kind of a loose definition to begin with. The point is that a huge amount of alcohol in a short period of time will be quite damaging to you compared to if you drank a median amount everyday.

Neither is great though desu.
>>
>>70479982

There was a test with two identical twins

One would have 2 drinks a day every day and one would binge drink 14 drinks in one day but one day only. You can probably find the docu somewhere, it was made by the BBC

Results were that both are equally as bad and it doesn't really make a difference, both fuck up your liver more or less equally badly. And the test was done with 2 identical twins
>>
>>70469257
>missing the entire point

He didn't just show up and vomit because loldrunk
>>
>>70480710
Fair enough, color me educated.
>>
File: bat.jpg (169 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bat.jpg
169 KB, 1280x720
How come nobody on this show owns a gun? And why is Christianity/religion almost never mentioned?
>>
>>70480710
>2 drinks a day
>fuck up your liver
wtf? that couldn't even get him slightly buzzed. I thought drinking in moderation wasn't unhealthy.
>>
>>70480941
Pete buys a gun at one point, a shotgun I believe.
>>
>>70481101
You're thinking of wine.
Hard alcohol is always bad if you keep pilling it on your liver which takes like a week to detox.
>>
>>70480941
new york lmao
big city pussies
all irresponsible adults
>>
>>70481532
22 caliber rifle
>>
>all these alcoholics trying to explain why he threw up

He threw up because he was depressed, it as at Roger's mothers funeral, he was in a fucked up part in his life.
>>
>>70469257
You must not read Bukowski. Guy was an alcoholic and wrote what's it's like to be in great detail.
>>
>>70469562
Doesn't fix that busted face of hers.
>>
>>70469257
Mad Men fags, please compare that scene with the wake scene in The Sopranos episode Proshai, Livushka

The Mad Men scene just pales in comparison, it's just embarrassing how big the gulf is when you compare them.
>>
>>70484483
Cunt.
>>
>>70484600
>gulf
Go back to Florida, juggalo.
>>
>>70484617
That what she looks like.
>>
>>70472623
then watch it again from the beginning.
>>
>>70470860
Watch the final season again. Much better on second viewing
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.