[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will the west ever produce anything on the same level as Evangelion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: end of.jpg (128 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
end of.jpg
128 KB, 1366x768
Will the west ever produce anything on the same level as Evangelion?
>>
>robuts punching monsters with christian iconography in the background for no reason

no, only japs could produce something so autistic, infantile and pretentious all at the same time
>>
>Pinocchio

Stop.
>>
Just awful
>>
File: 1388558683776.jpg (882 KB, 1380x1311) Image search: [Google]
1388558683776.jpg
882 KB, 1380x1311
>>70467832
>Evangelion is one in maybe 100 animus with tangible visual direction
>because of this, animu retards mistake it for actual cinema
>>
pacific rim
>>
Paprika was better.
>>
Hi I'm planning on watching Evangelion at some point because I really want to know and understand why people give it such high praise. What should I watch and when?
>>
Even the over the top pretentious schlop of a show of Six Feet Under was better than this Chinese cartoon. How can anime even compete?
>>
>>70468344
kys normie scum
>>
>>70467978
>plus muh issues with sex and nonsense ending

Still, fpbp.
>>
>>70468269
serial experiment lain was better
>>
>>70468344
Have you seen donnie darko? its the same thing
childish ideas praised by deep teens mate. specifically the directors cut of donnie darko in this case
>>
>>70468402
not a movie
>>
>>70468448
>i didn't get it: the post
>>
>>70468482
neither was evangelion
>>
>>70468448
Yeah, what is it just some time travel loop or something
>>
>>70468344
Grab a torrent of the Japanese BD rips from nyaa.eu. Because of licensing issues it's not on any streaming sites like Netflix or Crunchyroll.
>>
>>70467832

No because the west are too busy having sex with girls to create "cartoons for adult virgins"

Weebs and rice niggers need to fucking die off so this anime meme can fucking end
>>
>>70468098
I remember you from the last thread. Since you made the effort twice you deserve one (you). If you want to shitpost in Eva threads more effectively in the future consider watching some anime.

A good starter (you)bait might be to call everyone ignorant underage faggots because they haven't seen the objectively superior inspiration for Eva, Space Runaway Ideon.

Also say that anybody who relates to Shinji more than Ladhatt is a giant pussy and that the rape scene made the movie objectively better.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 245x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 245x300
>>70468548

>mfw that post
>>
>>70468344
get it from bakabt, they have 10 bit version of the movie
>>
>>70468610
he needs to watch the series breh
>>
>>70468344
Don't get too distracted by the religious symbolism - the angels aren't angels, souls aren't actually souls, etc. Sub in Norse mythology if you have to just to remind yourself that the religious aspects of it are just literary allusions and codewords, not the actual focus of the show.

Also, the Mechs vs Monsters plot is great, but it's not the central purpose of the show. There's an episode early on called "The Hedgehog's dilemma" and this episode outlines the core theme of the show: learning to seek connections with others, even though it can be painful, because it is preferable to numb isolation.

It also helps with your overall assessment of the show to read up a little on its creator, Anno, who suffered a really debilitating bout of depression while making the show. I'm one of those people who believes that art does not exist in a vacuum, and ignoring the situation of the artist at the point of making the piece is just setting yourself up for failure when you go about trying to identify the purpose of the piece.

Anyway, just check it out - even if you don't end up liking it, which is understandable, you'll have at least seen what many (including myself) consider the singular pinnacle of Anime as a medium.
>>
>>70468647
he could just watch death and rebirth instead
>>
>>70468605
If you're going to shitpost you can at least do it right. There's nothing sadder than a shitpost with no replies lost in the middle of a shitty thread.
>>
>>70468484
Both are for embryos, child of /v/
>>
File: 1455415388110.jpg (311 KB, 1600x1370) Image search: [Google]
1455415388110.jpg
311 KB, 1600x1370
>>70468344
Eva is a garbage clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in waifu faggotry and NEUROSIS. The normal anon can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The broken, angsty characters all trying their hardest to hide from their mental issues, the SYMBOLISM, peculiar, complex machinery, the whole Freudian faggotry and everything about the Evangelion world fuels their fantasies of being a patrician, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on guilt tripping, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underage retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

tl;dr; If you're impressed by YA novels(Hunger Games, Divergent, Horns, etc), garbage like Donnie Darko or just smile(the trip not movie) then you'll probably love something from it.
>>
>>70468808
>pacific rim
i'm not a fan of any chinese carton including trash thats considered ""top tier"" by /v/eens but that movie is worse than the average capeshit flick
>>
>>70468657
>>70468808
Hmm both differing worlds so vastly different I am torn on the subject whether to embark on this journey or not to hmm.
>>
File: haunted_house_two.jpg (98 KB, 509x755) Image search: [Google]
haunted_house_two.jpg
98 KB, 509x755
>>70467832
>Will the west ever produce anything on the same level as Evangelion?

Here you go.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.