[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think of the Final Fantasy movies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: ff.jpg (92 KB, 619x448) Image search: [Google]
ff.jpg
92 KB, 619x448
What does /tv/ think of the Final Fantasy movies?
>>
i'd argue they are unique, there's not much else out there like them I think.
>>
Bretty good, square have always been good story tellers. Advent children was stupid af thou. Really just fan boy movie to see all the gang fight.
>>
>>70462174
no connection between them,last ones are too weeb
>>
>>70462396
This. I was so fucking confused when I watched them back to back. I was told the second movie was a sequel but apparently it's only a sequel to some kind of online game?
>>
they looked good for their time
>>
>>70462174
Advent Children was phenomenal if you were who the movie was intended for. The opening vignette says something to the effect of it was written specifically for people who loved the game. Your average viewer or casual player probably liked it okay enough for the visuals, but nothing else besides. Fans of the game were enchanted though.

Spirits Within is sort of the reverse. Fans of the game series didn't really care much for it because it really had nothing to do with any of the hallmarks of the series. Nothing about it was Final Fantasy except the name. So, appreciate the visuals, but not much else.
>>
>>70462174
Both of them are great. But Advent Children takes the cake as the best animated action move ever made. It definitely reigns supreme in this category. Only upcoming movie I can think of that MIGHT seize the throne from it is Final Fantasy XV: Kingsglaive.
>>
>>70462443
its the sequel of the videogame final fantasy 7
>>
What was the deal with Advent Children's shitty dialogue? It was so pseudo-cryptic it came off as irritating, nothing at all like the FF7 game.
>>
>>70462174
Better than WoW.
>>
>>70463421
this
>>
>>70462174
visually stunning at the time, too bad advent children had bad pacing
>>
>>70463421
The worst part about it is all the "Hmm" "Heh heh" "Heh" "Uhh" "Ugh" that goes on throughout the whole movie. What the fuck is up with that?!
>>
I don't remember anything about them except the transparent tentacle thingies which gave me a new fetish.

That was from a Final Fantasy movie, right?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.