[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are the failures of Trevor Noah and Larry Wilmore proof enough
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: noah_wilmore.jpg (226 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
noah_wilmore.jpg
226 KB, 620x412
Are the failures of Trevor Noah and Larry Wilmore proof enough that white privilege is still ingrained into the minds of supposed liberals?

They loved Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert.
>>
>>70460737
>Larry Wilmore

You can't have your show just revolve around race. As for Trevor Noah I don't really know who could've filled Jon Stewarts shoes and done it successfully.
>>
>>70460737
fo real muffuga
dem crackaz do not know that dere were talk shows in the ancieint egypt!
>>
>>70460786
Wilmore is a hack whose entire shtick is "LOOK GUYS I'M BLACK." Haven't seen much of Noah, he seems decent, but yeah replacing Stewart is basically impossible.
>>
>>70460737
Noah's problem is just that Stewart's shoes were too big to fill. They really should have just gone with an alumnus of the show. I would have gone with Rob Riggle myself, or if I wanted progressive points I would have given it to Samantha Bee.

Wilmore alienates a huge chunk of the audience by focusing too much on race. Not that it isn't worth discussing, just that the white guy watching Larry Wilmore probably isn't keeping the black man down; he just wants to watch some TV and laugh.

tldr-they aren't terrible
>>
>>70460737
>OP makes thinly veiled bait thread
>gets actually well thought out, intelligent responses

Where am I?
>>
>>70460737
>white privilege

That horseshit aside, as a black man myself, I've never met a more racist, condescending group of people than when I went to college and started running into "liberal" types, and I'm from the Deep South.

At least if a redneck thinks you're a dumb nigger, he'll call you a dumb nigger. Fuckin' snooty liberal arts babies call you a poor misunderstood disenfranchised minority because the idea that a black guy can grow up in quiet suburbs and not sleeping in shifts during a gang war or some shit is completely alien to them.
>>
>>70460786
Colbert did and did it more successfully than Stewart.
>>
>>70461117
>as a black man
Sure.
>>
>>70461117
you're not black

feel free to prove me wrong if you can
>>
>>70460737
both of these are the least funny of the stewart crew. no one thought they were funny when they didn't have a show, why would this change.
>>
>>70460737

Must be nice to use race as a safety net when you fuck up a show.
>>
>>70461117
Remember that those liberal types are still racist at their heart, in the sense that they consider your race to inferior, but decided to meet you with pseudo empathy instead of anger. To them you're like cute child in a wheel chair that needs to be helped because of his disability. Notice how they take upon themselves want to lead you rather than letting you emancipate yourself, if you aren't your own man already. Even then they try to lead you, like some grandma they push over the street. Doesn't matter if you didn't really want to cross it in the first place. You're a being helped now, Anon. Check your privilege.
>>
Noah is garbage and both shows are just more numale, anti-white shit. Contrary to what you read on Twitter, most people in this country aren't lining up to be guilt tripped by a whole class of spoiled brats.
>>
>>70461047
>Samantha Bee
If you've ever watched her show you'd know she would've been a far, far worse pick than Trevor Noah.

Christopher Hitchens was right-women don't know how to be funny for shit.
>>
>>70460737
Colbert's new show has had kind of a lukewarm reception as well, so I don't know about that.
>>
They should've gotten someone like Doug Stanhope.
>>
File: fda.jpg (13 KB, 480x376) Image search: [Google]
fda.jpg
13 KB, 480x376
>>70460786
Maybe you should've actually watched The Daily Show. Because every real fan knows TDS veteran and marine Rob Riggle should sit in Jon's chair.
>>
>>70461704
I think the daily show would have reigned her in a little more
>>
>>70461818
He's not the "intellectual" type.
>>
>>70461114
Best way to deal with bait is to ignore it and have an actual discussion about the topic.
>>
>>70461818
Riggle is great as a supporting comedian, I don't think he can handle the big seat.
>>
>>70461855
I know I'm just surprised to see it happening here.
>>
>>70460737
What did he mean by this?
https://youtu.be/5USX24h-1qc
>>
File: ueer.jpg (46 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
ueer.jpg
46 KB, 640x640
>>70460737
Is Noah failure? I thought, while not as good as Stewart, liberals liked him. Haven't watched him much though. Wilmore has always been hack, but then again 99% of /tv/ isn't his target audience.

Do conservative comedians even exist?
>>
>>70460737
is "white privilege" nowadays just another word for being talented?

plus even when jon steward was still the host the dailyshow pulled terrible numbers.
it got beaten everyday by family guy reruns
>>
Trevor's doing ok, but fuck Larry for hiring Francesca. That cunt is racist as fuck, and it really shows that he's trying to make whites feel bad.
>>
>>70461919
wait did he serously imply that mario and lugie are lovers and not brothers?

it´s fucking called the mario "brothers"
how can liberal be so out of touch?

I guess they only really care about games if they can call them sexist and racist
>>
>>70461852
Or "funny"
>>
>>70461818
>Jason Jones
>Al Madrigal

I think these would've been the best choices
>>
File: 399px-John_hodgman.jpg (46 KB, 399x599) Image search: [Google]
399px-John_hodgman.jpg
46 KB, 399x599
>>70462014
Am I the only one who thinks Jodge Hodgeman could've been great? Nevermind him looking numaleish
>>
>>70460737
>Trevor Noah
he's good
>>
>>70462160
He could work, but he would need to drop the character he's been playing on the show
>>
>>70461918
>5 minutes
I'm not watching that shit, sum it up for me
>>
>>70461117
But it's so true.

Liberals are secretly racist.

Notice that there are NO Black LEADERS in ANY of these "progressive" movements?

I know for sure that the disability rights movement is racist.

I'VE LIVED IT!!!!!

I live in one of the most liberal states in the country and the whites here dump all the Blacks and Latinos into two areas and pretend that we don't exist.
>>
File: 1464107253740.png (548 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
1464107253740.png
548 KB, 1000x563
>>70461972
Even back when the Daily Show and Colbert weren't shit, their video game jokes always felt very ham-fisted and forced. They would only make reference to Mario, GTA or CoD so that even the biggest normalfags understood them.
>>
>>70461774
Or the entire cast of Tough Crowd.
>>
Trevor's doing alright. He's experimenting and is hit or miss with some of his shit, but the correspondents can save/add to it. The interviews are less shitty than they were in the beginning too. I like when he gets to a thing on genuine racism because he gets fired the fuck up. Apartheid left a huge mark on him.
Larry has barely anything going for him. Occasionally he'll say something that's gold, but those moments are few and far inbetween. He's a lame uncle who doesn't know he's not cool or young. Then his shit is nitpicky as fuck trying to scrape the bottom of the barrell for shit to fill up the time. The correspondents are half-informed at best and don't know how to argue for shit. Saying that, telling Obama "my nigga" was pretty fucking great, until he drove it into the ground
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>70461424
>>
>>70461322
>>70461424

>y-you're not black
>no real black guy would say something like this

goddamn liberals be raycis n sheeit yo.
>>
>>70463296
is that your bbc?
>>
>>70463703
Kek, no, just an awkward closeup of my arm.
>>
>>70463657

just proves how condescending liberals are. "blacks can't possibly think the way that I don't want or expect them to"
>>
>>70463657
yeah I know, Richard Wright talked about something similar to you in Black Boy (his memoir) where he goes to Chicago and joins a communist newspaper hoping they would publish some of his short stories, and at his first meeting there's a split over leadership between two different groups so one of the groups decides to nominate him to be president knowing the other members would never vote against a black man.

Still your first post reeks a bit too much of /pol/.
>>
>>70463794
We aren't the same poster, Anon.
>>
>>70463792
Different black guy here, I thought the outstanding majority of us that posted here were conservative. It's only ever the annoying liberals who have no business here telling us how we should think and feel for "our own benefit."
>>
>>70460737
I don't even think half of 4chan watches tv desu.
>>
>>70463920
what do you find appealing about the republican party?
>>
>>70463997
white women
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.