[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ROOTS: A NEW VISION
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: roots-history-channel.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
roots-history-channel.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Anyone watching this right now? It's about Alex Haley and the differences between the reboot and original.
>>
>>70448989
>>>>>/worldstarhiphop/
>>
>>70449130
Wow, anon, I fell out of my chair cackling.
Thank you.
>>
Not watching.

What are they saying?

Did they point out how bullshit the intro scene of the original was?
>>
>>70449668
>Did they point out how bullshit the intro scene of the original was?
No, they're mostly talking about casting and how the new series is a lot more accurate.
They also discuss why it was rebooted, costumes, and music.
>>
>>70449668
What was the intro scene of the original?
>>
they built an entire actual slave ship by hand just for this show

absolutely wild
>>
>>70449747
A bunch of whites get off a boat, go into the jungle and go Apocalypto on the Negroes, then put them on a boat.

>>70450066
>cannons aimed directly at the center of the ship
>>
>>70448989
Am I the only one who can watch a movie about a topic like this without feeling like a whiny little bitch?

>m-muh white guilt!

Ids breddy gud OP
>>
>>70450607
Maybe the only white one, good for you.
>>
>>70450607
That's so progressive anon.
>>
does G hannalius get her newly grown tits fucked and creamed on
>>
>>70450826
She's a racist and we don't see her again after the 2nd episode.
>>
>>70450607
huh, really makes you think...
>>
>>70450442
Yes it is, slaves were bought from African warlords from Portuguese and Belgians and Turks, they didn't just go out into the jungle and capture any darkies they could find
>>
wtf i hate white people now
>>
>>70451321

Found the Nigger
>>
>>70450442
>thinks whitey just ran around tropical Africa shaking niggers out of trees and bushes like they were squirrels, or some shit...
>>
>>70452260
>"Check that bush there, Jed....shake it real good now.....yup, there's a nest of em' in there!"
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.