[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7
What went wrong?
>>
Digital effects age. That's it. He wanted to be the pioneer of digital effects and he was. The problem is that it aged, that's it.

>implying Jar Jar wasn't a showcase for the dynamic behavior that CGI is capable of
>>
File: hackfraud.jpg (85 KB, 852x477) Image search: [Google]
hackfraud.jpg
85 KB, 852x477
>we are going to make the entire movie in this room on one computer

BRAVO LUCAS
>>
File: kingsglaive_final_fantasy_15-7.jpg (62 KB, 1265x522) Image search: [Google]
kingsglaive_final_fantasy_15-7.jpg
62 KB, 1265x522
Soon we won't even need green screens anymore. Prepare yourself for the full-CGI age. Soon live action films will be just a retro niche for indie hipsters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP8EgMUVmwk
>>
>>
File: 1415227746456.jpg (19 KB, 380x405) Image search: [Google]
1415227746456.jpg
19 KB, 380x405
>>70442556
>>
>>70442887
>Prepare yourself for the full-CGI age. Soon live action films will be just a retro niche for indie hipsters.

That will never happen. Live-action is cheaper and fully digital cgi movies aren't popular.
All I want is one, but not of Final Fantasy.
>>
File: 1421535477290.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
1421535477290.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>Fuck actors and sets, who needs them? All I need are a few nerds and computers to tell my whole story. NO ONE WILL STOP ME...NOBODY!!!
>>
File: btsx7n7h[1].jpg (31 KB, 640x472) Image search: [Google]
btsx7n7h[1].jpg
31 KB, 640x472
>>70442501

digital cameras being used for the first time and poor post production choices

because the PT is full of models and sets
>>
>its a we pretend toy models didn't look like toy models and cgi isn't objectively infinitely better thread again
>>
>>70443086

entry level, 2/10
>>
>>70442905
What did he mean by this?
>>
Lucas fell for the CGI meme
>>
>>70442501
It was too soon for what he wanted to do and he was out of touch with the medium. Digital effects weren't (and arguably still aren't) at the stage to be used as extensively as he used them. On top of this, he had a messy story full of dialogue ranging from weak to laughable. If he had relied less on digital effects and focused more on fining tuning his script, the Prequels would have been epic commercial, and potentially critical, juggernauts. Not even sure the hype for TFA can truly compare to the excite that surrounded The Phantom Menace before the latter's release. The man was too ambitious.
>>
>>70442501
Lack of supervision. Granted, it would be incredibly hard to achieve. But it wasn't like there weren't any warning signs. Labyrinth, Willow, Howard the Duck, Lucas has consistently displayed an inability to differentiate between grown-up stuff and kiddy-shit. Not to mention an obsession with midgets. The prequels are just that, movies made by a man who should by no means have the last word.
>>
>>70442975
>fully digital cgi movies aren't popular.

Not yet. But eventually, you won't be able to tell the difference between the cgi and the real stuff. That will happen only when the proper tools to do it more automatically start being developed. Right now it is more about the skill level of the artist making it. Which the need for said skills is declining due to easier to implement CGI shit.

Eventually, we will have ad lib style, "do-it-yourself" movies where you just type in some words or answer some questions and a few minutes later a full movie based on your criteria is specially made just for you and ready to be watched ($59.99 plus tip) on your iShit.
>>
>>70443032
>Easiest Way
>It's his way of making the best movie possible.
>>
They allowed a literal manchild to do whatever he wanted, only being supervised by a bunch of "yes-men", and tried to cram too much shit
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.