[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does no one here talk about this movie? I rewatched it a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1.jpg (54 KB, 409x600) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
54 KB, 409x600
Why does no one here talk about this movie? I rewatched it a few days ago and I swear to christ it holds up. I'm not fucking with you here. I had no big issues with this movie. It's fun as hell, charming, entertaining, tragic, and has one of the best film scores of the past 30 years.
>>
>>70437273
we dont talk about good films here
>>
File: gif 10.gif (2 MB, 235x240) Image search: [Google]
gif 10.gif
2 MB, 235x240
>>70437305
>>
>>70437273
>Why does no one here talk about this movie?

No attached memes.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaFl_s_chAw
;_;
>>
>>70437273
I prefer Dragonslayer 2bh
>>
>>70437273
It's horrendous, terrible writing and the "humor" is cringe-inducing. Also Sean Connery was a terrible choice as the dragon, he has the most recognizable voice on Earth and it's immersion-breaking.
>>
>>70437273
ignoring lord of the rings, probably the last cool fantasy film
>>
>>70437440
Dragonslayer is boring as fuck 2bh
>>
>>70437526

it's a kid movie, so yea it's gonna be lighhearted comedy and charachters that are caricature of themselves.

but it's amazing, you are just plain fucking stupid, nitpicking to the point of criticising the actor who did the voice of the dragon.
fuckin itdiot.

>>70437421
being 7 and seeing this made us all greater person for at least some time
>>
>>70437526
I don't feel that way about it in the slightest. It's a little cheesy at times sure and I don't give a fuck how recognizable Connery's voice is. He has an amazing voice and to use it as the voice of a dragon was a god tier decision. Whoever came up with the idea for that should get a medal.
>>
>>70437526
>Also Sean Connery was a terrible choice as the dragon, he has the most recognizable voice on Earth and it's immersion-breaking.

it's like saying ' Also Dennis Quaid was a terrible choice as the knight, he has the most recognizable face on Earth and it's immersion-breaking.
>>
>>70437273
such a good film that even the part where the chick kills that guy is good
>>
>>70437273
i forgot dina meyer was in this
>>
>>70437882
What he was trying to say was when you hear Draco's voice you're just going to think about Sean Connery rather than the dragon itself, but I think he's full of shit regarding immersion breaking. This was the reason George Lucas didn't pick Orson Welles as the voice of Darth Vader.
>>
>>70438209

i know what he meant, i was just trying to be as stupid, at least we agree
>>
File: frodo_eagles.jpg (22 KB, 395x300) Image search: [Google]
frodo_eagles.jpg
22 KB, 395x300
>>70437383
If a dragon could fly anywhere on Earth, why would it live in shitty Scotland? Id live in Hawaii.
>>
>>70438209
>What he was trying to say was when you hear Draco's voice you're just going to think about Sean Connery rather than the dragon itself
exactly what I meant

>I think he's full of shit regarding immersion breaking
It broke my immersion, so no I'm not full of shit. If it didn't bother you, that's fine.
>>
A KNIGHT IS SWORN TO VALOR
HIS HEART KNOWS ONLY VIRTUE
HIS BLADE DEFENDS THE HELPLESS
HIS MIGHT UPHOLDS THE WEAK
HIS WORDS SPEAK ONLY TRUTH
HIS WRATH UNDOES THE WICKED
>>
>>70438378
Whatever. His voice is objectively amazing so I remain under the impression that having him voice a dragon was a god tier decision.
>>
>>70438450
does his money grow on trees?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.