[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did it go so right? 90/100 Amazing Brilliant As good as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9
File: maxresdefault.jpg (174 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
174 KB, 1280x720
How did it go so right?

90/100
Amazing
Brilliant
As good as the cartoon show

Literally an almost perfect turtles movie. They even made fun of le leddit science nigger. Perfect.
>>
why wasn't Johnny Knoxville back?
>>
>>70435736
not sure if being serious or not. But I'll say that I actually enjoyed this film. The critics have gone into maximum autism mode and a lot of the slamming this movie is getting is undeserved. If I were to give it a number score like a faggot, i'd give it at LEAST a 7/10, not a fucking 3. The only shitty things about it were the weird pacing from time to time. Megan Fox, and the title of the movie.
>>
>>70435736
Why do they wear pants now?
>>
>>70439602
Shit was cash turtle power
>>
File: mindblown (2).gif (3 MB, 260x269) Image search: [Google]
mindblown (2).gif
3 MB, 260x269
>>70439531
so you enjoyed casey jones on rollerblades?
>>
>>70435736
Donatello whip up a cake in it or wha?
>>
>>70439897
ah meant to say casey jones was incredibly weak in this film too
>>
>>70440384
That's because the dude playing him is wooden and sucks.
>>
>>70440453
nah it's not the actor per sey. But the material. However they really picked the wrong guy for casey. Casey should be more rugged and gruff where as this guy is just "pretty boy" If they made him grow his hair out and didn't give him a fucking expensive sports car.
>>
>>70437959
Because Jews wanna save those shekels. And they realize a random name won't bring in niche audience.
Good thing too. Leo sounds better now. Less scratchy.

Good movie btw. Not as bad as critics/internet is saying.
>>
>>70441526
Completely agree with everything here. I had fun and it was nice to see conflict with the turtles not just centered on Raph and Leo.
>>
>>70435736
why do they look like black people? do they act like black people?
>>
>there are people on this board that legitimately went out of their way to go see a children's movie

JUST
>>
>>70435736
Is there shredder/ giant tiger?
>>
File: 735446.jpg (46 KB, 457x341) Image search: [Google]
735446.jpg
46 KB, 457x341
>>70441698
keep crying nigger
>>
>>70441698
>he says whilst parroting underage mexican redditor memes
nigga yikes
>>
>>70441634
Only mikie and raph do.
Leo and donnie are pretty white.
>>
File: turtle sheets.jpg (109 KB, 570x378) Image search: [Google]
turtle sheets.jpg
109 KB, 570x378
>>70441900
>leader
>smart guy
>both act white

surprised Hollyjew let this happen
>>
>>70441603
Well it's nice to see a more emotional, human like element to the turtles. They each had their own struggles. I
For the next one they can't repeat themselves though. As much as I want to see more conflict amongst them, it would get repetitive. So I'd say a story about them being separated would suit the next one best. It was fun to see Mikey and Raph team up. Let's see more of that.

Just ditch Casey+April+Vern. Sure Vern had a decent joke in this one with the camera and the hot air. I just am not fond of the human characters. More Turtles, less humans.

Also did anyone catch what Krang also froze?
>>
>>70435736
Why wear masks when they're the only giant turtles?
>>
>>70442087
Probably to tell each one apart. But now that each one look physically different, why get rid of the security blanket?

Also movie.
>>
File: tmnt_nes.jpg (55 KB, 372x530) Image search: [Google]
tmnt_nes.jpg
55 KB, 372x530
>>70442313
I remember when they were all rocking the red.
>>
>>70441869
>nigga
you're worse, regardless of you're ethnicity
>>
>>70442473
That was the real intention of Laird and Eastman. They only went to the individual colours because the cartoon/toys were easier to market.

The new comic series on IDW did a real good job with the face mask colours.
>>
>>70435736
I watched the 1990 movie before going to the cinema to watch Out of the Shadows. I love both films, but here's something I notice: the turtles are all skilled martial-artists, but Leonardo and Raphael never really use the former's katanas or the latter's sais. It doesn't really hurt my feelings on the turtles, I was just thinking about this.
>>
>>70443602
Well if they did, there'd be lots of bad guys with no arms or holes in their bodies.
>>
>>70442024
I tried to look, but it went by so fast that neither I or the friend I saw it with could see what it was. Did you see it?
>>
>>70443696
True. They usually just swing them around the foot and then punch/kick them. I'm going to watch a few Turtles movies and episodes and see if they ever really use them.
>>
>>70443602
I remember something about mom's being mad that the original movie was too violent which is why they never use their weapons in secret of the ooze.
I too noticed in this movie they rarely ever use their weapons which makes me wonder if people still butthurt even though it's a stupid thing to be butthurt about.
>>
Galileo, Newton, Steve Jobs. These are all on the same level according to the movie.
>>
>>70443830
Steve Jobs is the antichrist.
>>
>>70443795
I don't think people are still butthurt. I think it's because the Turtles film/TV license is with Nickelodeon, and they're caught in the dogma with normies and casuals that the Turtles are just Saturday morning cartoon characters.

My headcanon right now is that Raph and Leo use their weapons to damage enemies and cut them, but not kill them.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 480x360
>>70443830
>>
>>70443766
I'm sure the old cartoon eased up on the weapons. They even took away the nunchucks due to idiot kids.

>>70443718
I think I saw a Tricarton. All I could see.
>>
Is it better than the first ?
>>
I mean I liked the first one but, your enthusiasm makes me skeptical
>>
>>70444371
Yes. Quite better. CGI gets messy sort of and the human stuff is kind of lame/boring. But when it's on the Turtles or Bebop/Rocksteady it's fun. Stupid fun.
>>
File: casey-jones-TMNT2.jpg (26 KB, 660x350) Image search: [Google]
casey-jones-TMNT2.jpg
26 KB, 660x350
I just really hate Casey Jones design in this film. This pretty boy design Is NOT casey jones. I didn't mind the idea of him being a cop. But this was fucking painful
>>
>>70444519

They could have easily gone for this kind of look, but no. They needed Casey to be marketable to teen girls. He's Megan Fox's polar opposite.

The movie was fine and all, but the casey jones in the original 90's film will be my favorite incarnation
>>
>>70444519
I read somewhere that in the sequel his hair will grow out and technically this was the origin story of Casey Jones so he will probably get better later.
>>
>>70444519
It started off fine until he tried going badass without the long hair or charm. Also the actor is atrious.
Plus damn Bay making him drive a nice sports car out of his wage range.
>>
>>70444584
But the problem is that we see how he was/is. It's bad. Plus the actor can't act. He just doesn't fit the character.
>>
I had fun but I was disappointed that Shredder didn't call Baxter Stockman an insect once. It would have been fun foreshadowing. Aside from that I thought it was a great turtles movie.
>>
>>70444585
I was legit pissed off when I saw the sports car. If it was like an old beat up piece of shit sports car that'd be one thing. It's like, the writers did nearly everything right for the turtles, bebop, rocksteady, shredder and krang, but purposely fucked everyone else up
>>
>>70445136
Again, it's Bay. He probably wanted to shove that in hard. I also noticed a lot of camera movements that are very Bay-like. And either the director did that as a nod or he was forced to cause Bay did it for him.
Same shit with the first movie. I noticed there was a lot of lens flares.
>>
>>70444570
it would look out of place, he only uses his hockey powers twice
>>
>>70435736
I was just about to make a thread about this, why are critics giving this movie so much shit?
It's an almost perfect Ninja Turtles movie, even Megan Fox did a good job.
>>
>>70435736
The ninja turtle faces look like philipino faces. Weird and fucked up looking
>>
>>70445494
Eh. I notice a lot of people saying it's just a giant commercial for toys which is weird since SW and the MCU do the same thing too.
>>
>>70439531
>and the title of the movie.
Yeah, I thought that it was going to end with the city finding out about and accepting them.

>>70441387
Stephen Amell can't act for shit, and even if he did look the part, his voice ruins any believability he could've brought to the role.
Casey being a corrections officer and wanting to be a cop was also weird, I would've preferred him to just be the angsty vigilante with childhood trauma.
>>
>>70445772
But it makes sense. They are out of the shadows. Sort of.
Fuckig Chris Stuckmann complaining about the lack of ninja shit.
>>
>>70445580
racist
>>
>>70445731
I've never ever understood the "it's just a toy commercial" argument.
>>
>>70445819
>Fuckig Chris Stuckmann complaining about the lack of ninja shit.
It's a reasonable complaint.
The movie had faults, but the 1990 movie had faults too.
The good outshine the bad in both.
>>
>>70444371
The CGI is more cartoony, the turtles look more like humanoid turtles than the Hulk mixed with Shrek, it spends more time with the Turtles, rather than it feeling like the April O'Neil Movie. The writing isn't abysmal. The only part of the film where it feels like a generic Michael Bay production is in the beginning, where April puts on a schoolgirl outfit. That's it.
>>
>>70445911
Not if you say you're a fan as you display the 87 cartoon everywhere (something annoyingly does every review) and says he's a fan. They barely acted like ninjas in the cartoon. Even the old comics, after 30ish issues they fought aliens.
>>
>>70445919
There's a couple Bayesque shots in it. Plus the CGI-fest is a Bay trope.
>>
File: CfsWpV3UAAAI0ZK.jpg (61 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CfsWpV3UAAAI0ZK.jpg
61 KB, 600x600
>>70446106
>>
>>70435736
No ya dummy. This thread is made by a Paramount-Paid Anonymous.
>>
>>70446234
>Blackhawks hat

Get fucked.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.