[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know these kinds of threads get posted a lot, but I am serious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: Quintus.gif (65 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Quintus.gif
65 KB, 320x240
I know these kinds of threads get posted a lot, but I am serious here: What the fuck was his problem?
>>
>>70434265
Praetorians got paid better.
>>
Go against the emperor of the known world orrrr die for a general along with probably your family being snuffed the same way they kill Maximus' family.

It's kind of an easy choice, he's reluctant cause he knows it's wrong.
>>
>>70435450
and you get to be stationed in rome instead of bumfuck who knows where germania fighting fucking gauls.
>>
>spend the rest of your life as a solder waiting for your family to send more socks for the cold german front
>live in Rome with power a wealth
>>
He made it up to maximus by telling his men to SHEATHE THEIR SWORDS!

Such a great moment.
>>
>>70435552
was anyone shocked by how brutally they killed Maximus' son when they first saw it? I was like 10 years old and it probably traumatized me.
>>
File: 1463622715582.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1463622715582.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>70434265

> 80+ lbs armor, weapon, ration, gear
> 20 miles march per day, everyday
> Build fort before night time, every night.
> Disassemble fort in the morning, every morning.
> 25 years service
> 3 in 4 die
> local population see us as oppressors when we are trying to spread civilization
> Gaius died on patrol today, knew him 15 years
> when will I die? will I ever see Claudia again? does she even care?
> The Sassanids are invading Armenia again
> mfw months long march to the Middle East
> mfw sitting ducks against horse archers in desert heat with no water
> mfw sandniggers finally surrenders but the Germans broke through the Rhine defenses. Again.
> mfw march hundreds of miles back and we are apparently in a civil war now.
> mfw the land I was promised at end of 25 years was distributed to retried troops so they would reenlist to fight fellow Romans.
> mfw germans are running wild in gaul because nobody was there to stop them
> mfw incompetent commander lead us into ambush
> mfw recieve flesh wound in minor skirmish
> mfw no antibiotics and wound becomes infected
> mfw no anesthetics for amputation
> mfw bleeding out alone in a tent
> mfw messenger tells me Claudia has married another man
> mfw just another nobody dying for the personal gain of generals and Emperors
> mfw hundreds of years later plebs posts on /tv/ asking "what the fuck was his problem?"
>>
File: h435ybhgh.jpg (55 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
h435ybhgh.jpg
55 KB, 1920x800
>>70437471
>Gaius died on patrol today

>I.7.8 (bar; left of the door); 8162: We two dear men, friends forever, were here. If you want to know our names, they are Gaius and Aulus.
>>
File: Rome-tv-show-h04.jpg (36 KB, 445x296) Image search: [Google]
Rome-tv-show-h04.jpg
36 KB, 445x296
>>70437471
>you are just weak
>>
He was loyal to Rome
>>
File: 1461497409954.jpg (41 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1461497409954.jpg
41 KB, 600x600
>>70437544
Dang dude... to think a thousand years from now, we'll be forgotten as well, like tears in the train.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.