[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone has any thoughts on this? Was it a pro-christian movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: HailCaesar_PosterArt%202[1].jpg (34 KB, 344x481) Image search: [Google]
HailCaesar_PosterArt%202[1].jpg
34 KB, 344x481
Anyone has any thoughts on this?

Was it a pro-christian movie? Pro communist? Pro Hollywood?

Can't really wrap my head around it
>>
>>70432676
it was a movie about movies
>>
it was a delightful homage to a bygone era of hollywood studio filmmaking, HUAC, Busby Berkely. Really sweet, funny.
>>
>>70432676
>Anyone has any thoughts on this?
underwhelming and boring

>Was it a pro-christian movie? Pro communist? Pro Hollywood?
WOULD THAT IT WERE
>>
>>70432676
It was a pro-capitalism movie, showing how the masses have shifted away from religion and instead have turned to movies. It is incredibly anti-communist. Maybe the most virulent from the last decade or so
>>
Saw on the airplane.
Boring boring....
>>
That pretentious old commie fart kept reminding me of zizek for some reason, i imagine this is what he will sound and act like when he gets older
>>
I should rewatch it but I found Brolin's character to be really boring.
>>
>>70432676
>Was it a pro-christian movie? Pro communist? Pro Hollywood?

It made fun of every one of those.
>>
Woodititwer so simple
>>
>>70434424
They put movies in a mythical position equaling it to faith while mocking it with butt jokes and silly characters
>>
>>70432676
>the Hollywood system is inherently ridiculous but the end product can have artistic value and meaning for people

That's what I took from it.
>>
>>70433212
>>70434138
I really don't see how people think it was boring, I can see how it would be frustrating but I was entertained all the way through
>>
>>70434694
pretty much, also the commie plot came across to me like they were supposed to look ridiculous and out of touch
>>
>>70432676
The words uninspired and trying too hard come to mind.
>>
File: 1464713304913.png (842 KB, 537x799) Image search: [Google]
1464713304913.png
842 KB, 537x799
>>70434806
The joke was that they were blatant hypocrites. They were not poor, they were not proles, and they certainly didn't work in factories manufacturing iron ingots. They were rich and wanted more money for their writing. They obfuscated their true intentions with mental gymnastocs and rationalized thrir greed with Marxism.
>>
>>70434694
Pretty much
Also to sort of answer OP's question, it was about as pro-Christian as a Coens brothers movie can get, in that it shows the institution being populated by idiots while the individual is the one who is left to make sense of the world through his own devices. Not to mention the ending speech given by Clooney's character where it's very blatant that the Coens' ultimate message in the movie was that the Hollywood film industry is the new religion.
[DIVINE PRESENCE TO BE SHOT]
>>
Isn't every Coen movie pro-christian?
Usually christianity leads to salvation and judaism leads to emptyness and suffering.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.