[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Captain Marvel >Lara Croft, Tomb Raider Do these seem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
>Captain Marvel
>Lara Croft, Tomb Raider

Do these seem like odd career choices for Oscar-winning actresses in their 20s to anyone else?
>>
$$$$$$$$
>>
>Mystique

Also is it my imagination, or are there a lot more young female Oscar winners than young male ones?
>>
>Vikander cradles her Oscar like a baby
>Larson holds it like she's giving a very hard tug to a large cock

wew
>>
>>70426257
/thread
>>
>>70426265
It's almost like they only get awards because they look photogenic.
>>
>>70426285
>dat grip
pretty sure she can milk your dick to oblivion
>>
>>70426225
Halle Berry did Catwoman
Charlize Theron did Aeon Flux
>>
>>70426257
/thread

acting's not actually volunteer work, weird I know
>>
>>70426706

I'm actually starting to think this and it's really unsettling. Like, I know there are the Streeps and the Blanchetts of the world but fuck. If DiCaprio was a girl he would've had like 12 Oscars by now!
>>
>>70426822

So it's a pattern is what we're saying. Do dudes do this? I'm struggling to think.
>>
>>70426265
>>70426911
Last year, the best actors were Jakob Tremblay and Abraham Attah but neither were even nominated due to their age. The problem, or just the reality, is that the best male lead is seen as a super prestigious award. So they try to award actors who paid their dues or appeared in something that was seen as ground-breaking in importance

In contrast, the best female lead is a joke. Hollywood casts actresses based on the casting couch and their attractiveness as opposed to their acting ability. So out of these cock-hounds, they arbitrarily assign it to whomever it seems like the public likes. That's why JLaw already got 2 and then didn't win again last year when they realised everyone was sick of her

The best female actresses are in tv shows/broadway/outside America

And because most of these american actresses wise up eventually to the fact that they're only cast on the basis of their fading looks, it makes sense to jump onto a franchise that will provide steady income
>>
>>70426822
And Cate Blanchett did Galadriel.
>>
>>70426257
came to post this
>>
At their age, they need as much as money as they can from these big roles because they'll likely be replaced by the next batch of younger fresher women in the not too distant future unless the Jews are behind them like with ScarJew.

It's not like all the men where they can keep going into like their 40s so easily. All the loved male actors today are like in their mid 30s and beyond really.
>>
>>70426225
You do the big budget block busters for the cash,
the underground arthouse for the Oscar,
and the dream directing project that will ruin your career for fun.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.