[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you grow out of capeshit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 1463067832077.jpg (49 KB, 670x548) Image search: [Google]
1463067832077.jpg
49 KB, 670x548
hurr durr its the end of the world and cape shit hero's save the day again blah blah blah

i got about half way through xmen something future past or whatever its called

man i know this shit is made for teens but damn it was fucking terrible

i try to give capeshit a go but its just terrible
>>
You know what else is terrible?

Your grammar.

:^) #rekt /thread
>>
>>70425680
In the 1980s.
>>
About ten years ago. I still have a soft spot for x-men movies and tobey macguire spidey though.
>>
The Avengers 1 did it for me.

>Oh cool there's nothing at stake?
>Everyone's the good guy and nobody can die?
>You're telling me you can re-write timelines and nothing matters in X-Men 3 or whatever? Sweet

There's no narrative when there's nothing to lose. But families, teenagers and manchildren don't care abou that.
>>
MCU and DCU have ruined them for me. I still fucks with the X-Men though.
>>
>>70425680

No one cares, fuccboi.
>>
>>70425680
I think that because you're here talking about it right now, even in a negative light, you haven't grown out of it.
You could just be an adult and ignore it, never to think about it again.
>>
>>70426026

never forget Couslon
>>
>>70426026
i tend to agree

i dunno i was trying to watch the new xmen but i just didn't give a shit because i already new the good guys would win whatever way

its the same formula big boss fight at the end and the good guys win

it reminds me of the goosebumps or similar series that every book has the same formula
>>
>>70426026

Exactly. It's like watching somebody else play a video game.
>>
>>70426152
Goosebumps generally would have an unpredictable ending though, even if the writing was shit and Animorphs was always better.
>>
>>70426247
you caught me i never actually read goosebumps

i dunno i was re-watching heat last night and then i went from that to watching the new x-men and it was like a massive chasm between the two
>>
>>70425680
seriously? the only ones i really like were raimi's spiderman.

everyone after that i've just watched with friends and at best I'll feel like that was a good movie than instantly forget about it.
>>
>>70425680
>the quips
>Scarlett Johansson's ass in tight fetish outfit
>"serious" actors (e.g. Fassbender or Giamatti) making fools of themselves
>ebin CGI
What's not to like?
>>
File: images_7.jpg (32 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images_7.jpg
32 KB, 512x288
I never liked capeshit. My first movies were highly intelllectual works like ₩€₩_£^£/¥, őżtåņēý and 11000110110101 when I was 3 years old.

>I'm better than all of you
>>
>>70426528
>"serious" actors (e.g. Fassbender or Giamatti) making fools of themselves

why? fassbender has ruined all his cred

>>70426532
look i'm not trying to be pretentious but the whole capeshit genre has gotten so saturated i cant even remember the plot of the last capeshit movie i watched
>>
File: 1462497748342.jpg (38 KB, 958x785) Image search: [Google]
1462497748342.jpg
38 KB, 958x785
>>70426026
All of the main actors have been signed for capeshit movies for years and years. Literally no tension for anyone death. But I'll never understand the appeal for capeshit. I'd think /tv/ of all places would hate it. I'm so sick of the shit threads every single day. It's killing /tv/. I hope /newmoot/ makes a board for capeshit or the mods ban it from all threads but one so they can all be in one place
>>
After Guardians of the Galaxy.

Well, i first started getting over it once I watched Iron Man 3 and realized Disney is never really going to explore any serious themes, only tease those themes in trailers instead.

GotG was sort of the ultimate realization that what I was watching was made specifically for children. God that movie was so childish and boring. Great visuals, great cast, and great sou dtrack, but completely predictable and boring.
>>
>>70426281
>you caught me i never actually read goosebumps

Why claim you did though? The whole point is that you wouldn't know if the protag, their friends or their enemies would actually survive a given book, so if they did it was genuinely a relief.
>>
After either the new superman part 1 or the second cap america movie. I'm just tired of them, I don't want to see more. I hope we get more interesting sci-fi in the near future.
>>
the dark knight
>>
>>70426532
> everyone who doesn't to watch men in tights punch each other is a pretentious fedora

Wew lad
>>
>>70425680
i was interested up until Age of Ultron time, which i didn't bother to see. i was a comic book kid growing up and it seemed fun watching big screen adaptations, but enough is enough. jeez, comics were a marginalized form of entertainment and now they're everywhere. the funny part is the adaptations aren't all that compelling. it's the same rather simplistic narratives with characters sused up in colorful costumes. you know, there's a reason why kids grow out of reading comic books and delve into the world of literature. there are far more compelling stories in the latter. i hope society as a whole graduates to this and keeps these superhero movies in the fringes. i wouldn't abolish them all, as kids like them, but these movies really aren't intended for adults. the young at heart, maybe, but, like Star Wars, they're all kids movies, so young adult audiences really should grow out of watching them soon enough.
>>
Saw the first iron man and liked it. can't remember enjoying any capeshit after that though.
>>
>>70426599
>i cant even remember the plot of the last capeshit movie i watched
I can!

> bad guy tries to destroy the world
> the superhero(es) in the title save the day
>>
>>70425680
Age of Ultron.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.