[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most memorable scenes of this show?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: wire[1].jpg (305 KB, 800x541) Image search: [Google]
wire[1].jpg
305 KB, 800x541
Most memorable scenes of this show?
>>
When the niggers get killed.
>>
When prop joe gets ended
>>
"I may have brung you into this world, but you the one who gonna have to live in it."
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2OzoiiZHzc
>>
>>70419103
can't shoot the poot
:^)
>>
>>70419093
The chess scene
>>
MONEY BE GREEN
>>
>>70419093
any omar scene
>>
Stringer getting got
Anytime Clay Davis said Sheeeeeeeeeeit
Re-Elect Frank Sobotka
>>
So many of them.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-j5XWo1fPI
>>
The interracial gang rape
>>
>Replies: 12
>Posters: 12
>No chess pasta.

I'm quite impressed.
>>
>>70419093
NIGGA IS YOU TAKING NOTES ON A CRIMINAL FUCKING CONSPIRACY?
>>
>>70419104
Literally this.

Worst scenes:
>everything involving the dock faggots in season 2
It's pretty fucked up when you identify more with niggers than whites.
>>
>>70421914
you are a fucking pleb
>>
>>70419169
I'm watching the 1st season of The Wire and I just got done watching the episode where DeAngelo teaches the younger kids chess. I was blown away! I had to watch it a couple times to really pick up on it, but did you guys realize that when he was teaching them about the chess pieces, he was really referring to THEM being the pawns! What an amazing metaphor!

It was so deep and meaningful, I am amazed by the deep symbolism of this.

Do the later seasons continue on with masterful symbolism like this? This was truly the pinnacle of storytelling that I have ever seen on a television show, and I think I can confidently say The Wire is the best show ever made without even having seen the entire series.

Also the acting is amazing. Idris Elba and Dominic West do a great job with their Baltimore accents.
>>
>>70419235
MONEY
FEEL LIKE MONEY
>>
When you come at the king you better not miss.
>>
>>70422240
I don't get why this became a pasta, are people retarded?
>>
>>70422248
Hamilton wasn't no president
>>
"fuck"
>>
>>70422346
Right? IT WAS SO DEEP, MAN, I WAS LIKE WOAH!
>>
File: BufordPusser.png (1 MB, 1193x895) Image search: [Google]
BufordPusser.png
1 MB, 1193x895
McNulty and Kima drive to some podunk town in Virginia tracking how the gangs get their cell phones.

Jimmy decides he will talk to the racist, hillbilly sheriff without her.

Hilarity ensues.
>>
Bodie's death sticks with me, more so than Stringer's or DeAngelo's actually
>>
>>70419093
The scene where the FBI profiles the homeless killer and they describe McNulty and his motives
>>
>>70422521
>high functioning alcoholic
>>
-McNulty confronting Stringer Bell at the photocopy shop, realising that he's been outfoxed
-Stringer Bell telling Avon Barksdale he had D'Angelo killed in prison
-WHERE'S WALLACE YO? WHERE'S WALLACE?
>>
>>70422398
Glad to see you missed the point of the scene.

What it shows is that DeAngelo sees something that would be very obvious to common people and thinks this makes him smarter than everyone else. He's seen the big picture now -- he understands how 'the game' works because he looked up and saw the sky and said that it was blue.

>2deep4u
>>
>>70422594
HOLY SHIT, MIND= EVEN MORE BLOWN!! FUCKING HELL THIS SHOW DOESN'T STOP GETTING BETTER
>>
>>70422594
it's a common theme in the wire that some people in the game can see it from higher levels than the others and they all think they're the ones who see it best, ignoring their actual positions in the game.

The other kids 'don't get' the metaphor,
the up and coming kid 'gets it' but wants to know if there is anyway to get ahead, D'Angelo makes it clear "the king stays the king" and through that 'knowledge' he imagines himself better at the game, (but he's not much better than the kids, low on the ladder being used by his uncle), McNulty and Freemon think the same way, that because they see things better than the fuck-up cops, they're in a better position, but they're not, the tools of corrupt politics and a lucrative drug war that no one in authority actually wants to end. Same thing is mirrored between Stringer and Avon, Stringer think's he's in the better position because he 'gets' the game and the game the legit folks are up to, but he's actually in a far worse position than he thinks. Hubris and the hypocritical criticism of others without ever being reflective about it. Even the last season with the 'righteous' news editor trying to call out the journo who was making shit up - he thought he was in a better position because he saw the truth but he didn't realize no one cared, his whole profession doesn't give a shit, and instead of trying to clean an outhouse he should have tried to build a cabin.

The scene isn't about the obvious metaphor.
>>
>>70419093
>STRANG
>STRANG
>WHERE THE FUCK IS WALLACE
>STRANG
>>
MUH NAME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0K-tfJLiFE
>>
>>70423006
this one.
>>
>You gonna look out for me huh?
>You gonna look out for me?
>You gonna look out for me Sgt. Carver?
>You Mean it?
>You Promise?
>You gon look out for me!

i cry evrytim
>>
GOT DAT
P A N D E M I C
A
N
D
E
M
I
C
>>
>WE'RE HERE THROUGH BOBBY KENNEDY, TRICKY DICK NIXON, RONNIE "THE UNION BUSTER" REAGAN AND HALF A DOZEN OTHER SONS OF BITCHES, WE'LL BE HERE THROUGH YOUR WEAK BULLSHIT NO PROBLEM
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.