[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people hate the Seinfeld finale?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 8
File: seinfeld_prison.png (380 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
seinfeld_prison.png
380 KB, 720x540
Why do people hate the Seinfeld finale?
>>
IMO it was never really capable or deserving of some meaningful emotional send off. Could have just been a regular episode really with no definitive conclusion.
>>
>>70408461

Turned into a clip show

Not funny
>>
it got tedious
>>
>>70408461

Clip shows are bad.
>>
>>70408461
It was dumb, stop defending it.
>>
>>70408461
I liked it just fine. Like >>70408696 says, it wasn't really capable of anything more.
>>
>>70408461
Glorified clip show.
>>
>>70408696
What? was it emotional in the slightest? It's not like they paired Jerry and Elaine up and they got their show going and everyone was happy. It was just a big review of the show, how horrible the characters were, and sending them to jail. it seems suitable considering how large the show was when it was on.
>>
Because it wasn't really funny.

I thought the last 2 seasons of Seinfeld were shit though.
>>
>>70409167
>how horrible the characters were,
I still don't know why half the people that testified even traveled all the way to Massachussets to shit on people that barely had an impact in their lives. What the fuck were the security guy that caught Jerry peeing in a parking lot, the bubble boy or the chick that broke up with Jerry over the no fap contest even doing there?

Why were they supposed to help the fat fuck?

Why are they bringing up past stuff that has nothing to do with the "crime" they commited?
>>
>>70409530

because they wanted to have a clip show you jerk
>>
>>70409565
They already had an actual fucking clip show that aired before the finale
>>
The build up for it in the media was insane.

No matter what, people would have hated it
>>
they ran a marathon of Seinfeld before the season finale so when a clip show came on, everybody had just re-watched them already
thus the immediate reaction was disappointment
>>
>>70409167
I never implied that though. I meant the ending we got was fine and it suited the show well.
>>
I loved it, it was a great send off for us to relive it favourite moments
>>
Larry David has apologized multiple times for the finale
>>
>>70409747
100% This
>>
>>70409530
Because it's funny that those people were so butthurt over the shit the group had done to them
>>
I was never one to like seinfield enough to care about how it ended. was fine for me
>>
>>70408461
Because the general audience wanted some emotional farewell episode. All it was a clip show. It wasn't bad. They played very selfish people, and in the end they got what they deserved. People were upset that they went to jail
>>
>>70409885
good, dumb fucking jew
>>
>>70408696
this, one of the best parts of the show was how unsentimental it was

>>70409530
I think it was New Hampshire
>>
>>70410066
I can't believe people wanted it to be emotional. They weren't really ever characters you were meant to sympathize with
>>
>>70408461
It had the same problem that late season family guy did.
>>
>>70410103
Larry David is one of the few good Jews though, and he's an atheist fwiw
>>
it was more of 'look how much past actors we got to be on our finale' and memes and less about the actual story.
then again, the hype was so huge back then, that anything they would have done was going to be a letdown.
>>
Why did Kramer get sent to jail too? he didn't say anything about the fatty, AND he was the one that got the fucking video evidence.
>>
Because it wasn't funny nor emotional
>>
>>70409530
Seinfeld and Larry David were "anti-sitcom". The whole point of the finale was to show that Jerry, George, Kramer, and Elaine were selfish people, and most of the people they fucked over during the series came to the court to testify against them, replaying clips throughout the series to show how bad they were. They specifically designed the finale to show their anti-social behavior had consequences, the judge has a whole monologue about it.
>>
>>70408461
The finale was great and I have no problem with it.
>>
because there's no way in hell anyone would pick up 'Jerry'.
that shit was whack.
>>
the real final episode is on Curb season 7
>>
It would have been better if the plane they were on crashed into the world trade center.
>>
>>70411032
why would they need a plane from NY to NY?
Think, Anon, THINK!
>>
The re-finale or whatever in Curb Your Enthusiasm was way worse the little we saw. George gets rich off an app called the i-toilet it sounds like something from that modern Seinfeld twitter
>>
>>70409188
Thats because Larry David left
>>
>>70411055
Could have been a return flight.
>>
>>70411135
Jerry is dating a girl who keeps tagging him in facebook posts
>>
>>70411230
Still, post-LD Seinfeld had some of the best episodes of the series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg-TqEFYcfM
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (155 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
155 KB, 1920x1080
Okay /tv/, trivia time.

Who invaded Spain in the eighth century?
>>
>>70408461
i liked it
>>
>>70411631
The Umayyads.
>>
>>70408461
Because they didn't get the show in the first place. Most people only watched because other people told them it was funny. The show would have been cancelled much earlier if it aired 10 years later (like Arrested Development was).
>>
>>70411631
Moops
>>
>>70408461
Probably because of the stupid NBC hype and the fact it was preceded by a one hour clip show.
>>
>>70408461
Because it was just stupid. WHat should have happened is they all die in an airplane crash. Now that would have been epic.
>>
>>70408461
I don't. I hate the entire series.
>>
>>70412334
which implies u hated the finale too u goblin
>>
Jerry (the writer) was mentally exhausted after writing and acting in 2 series by himself on top of the 10 or whatever else series he did with Larry

When Larry came back it was like a weight had been lifted and Jerry just took all hands off and let Larry write the finale. Jerry didn't critically examine the writing and accepted it was good because 'Larry magic'

In the end it wasn't good at all and Larry brushed it off forever saying 'Eh people were never gonna like it', a really weak cop-out.
>>
Because it explains the joke of the show, and misses the point. Despite being huge selfish asses, the characters were very relatable and said and do things most people have thought at least once. I don't need to see them on trial to know they're jerks, and I got no pleasure seeing them taken down a notch for old deeds when that's what happens every episode. It seems to hold the character in contempt in a way I don't think the audience ever did
>>
File: 420atheismblazeit.jpg (50 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
420atheismblazeit.jpg
50 KB, 900x900
>>70410152
>>
>>70412246
>Because it was just stupid. WHat should have happened is they all die in an airplane crash. Now that would have been epic.
Did you seriously NOT realize they did die in the plane crash and are being judged in the afterlife? Is everyone on /tv/ stupid?

>epic
Nevermind.
>>
>>70412832
I never thought of it that way and I completely agree
>>
>build sitcom around never having the same jokes twice
>finale is all the jokes again
>>
>>70412832
Hmm good point. I agree.
>>
>>70411631
>not wanting marry that rich qt.

George really was a completely hopeless fool.
>>
File: marine.jpg (74 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
marine.jpg
74 KB, 500x500
>>70410118
I think a lot of people here can sympathize with George.
>>
It was basically a slap in the face to all the people in the audience who had come to identify with the characters to the point of earnestly thinking they were good people who deserved to get away with shit just because they identified with them.
>>
DAD, YOU AND JOHN CHEEVER?
>>
File: Theist Fedora V1.jpg (8 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
Theist Fedora V1.jpg
8 KB, 225x224
>>70412870
>>
File: oyvey.jpg (226 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
oyvey.jpg
226 KB, 1920x1080
>>70415294
>>
>>70410103
>Shitting on God
Yeah, you need to leave.
>>
File: 1409013411510.jpg (129 KB, 1024x759) Image search: [Google]
1409013411510.jpg
129 KB, 1024x759
>>
>>70410200
It wasn't because they made fun of the fatass that they whent to jail, it was because they stood there and watched instead of helping.
>>
File: 1364118234818.jpg (2 KB, 121x126) Image search: [Google]
1364118234818.jpg
2 KB, 121x126
>>70410353
Because he's myyy butler!
>>
>>70412832

This is the biggest problem with it outside of it being a literal clip show - the laziest excuse to fill a time slot in sitcom history.

That said, I'd still rather watch it than those weird, transitionary episodes where producer meddling was obvious. The episode where Kramer is mistaken for a serial killer and decides to separate from the gang and live in LA comes to mind. Something very off kilter about that one.
>>
Half the "evidence" for them being assholes was taken out of context, it actually made it irritating to watch
>>
>>70409885
I recall him saying he liked it and had no regrets.
>>
>>70411055
>I have to leave early tonight, I have a flight to California. I can't get a direct flight — they said I have to stop at the Empire State Building first.
>>
>>70410118
>Not emotional
>played time of your life second to last ep
>2000+10+6
>>
>>70408696
Could have ended like Married with Children though that finale wasn't intended because it didn't get one.
>>
>>70413820
being rich would fuck up his bachelor swag
>>
>>70408461
Because it should have been an oven instead of a cage.
>>
>>70408461
I like the theory they actually died in the plane and that was them being judged by God or something and go to jail as a kind of temporary limbo
>>
>>70411713
It completely revolutionized sitcoms, shut up faggot
>>
>>70408461
The clip show was lame, the judgment was good though.
>>
It was a good ending.
Miserable fucking people, who lie, cheat and root for their so called 'friends' to fail ending up that way?

perfect.
>>
>>70408461
It was the perfect final episode and people who didn't like it didn't watch the whole series.
>>
>seinfeld predicted the social justice future
>>
>>70415680
>jews
>white
>>
>>70415246
They were dicks but they were hardly malicious or deserved prison, most of the bad shit they did was due to misunderstandings or accidents.

Heck, everyone that testified was just as much of an asshole.
>>
>>70415737
he had a gun, how were they supposed to help?
>>
>>70410200
that's what they get for having a dindu lawyer
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.