[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
STUNTMAN TRAINING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Sup /tv/
thinking about taking the initiative by moving to LA to be stuntman. Got a few questions first:

>Has anyone had experience with stunting?

>Which school/camp is the best to go to?

>Any advice for aspiring stuntmen?
>>
>>70403395
>>Any advice for aspiring stuntmen?

Don't fucking die
>>
>>70403395
have no regard for your own personal wellbeing and be willing to get severely disabled for middling pay
>>
Get used to being addicted to pain medications and learn to suck dick.
>>
>>70403395
>moving to LA to be stuntman

Man LA is filled with people doing stupid shit
>>
>>70403395
>I'm gonna get a job where I do dangerous shit and hope nothing truly bad happens

Badass OP, make sure to get a tattoo after your first spinal fluid leak
>>
Do you have any skills?
>>
>>70403395
>>Any advice for aspiring stuntmen?

Yeah, get a job that won't become obsolete within the next 10 years due to screen screen, CGI, and actors insisting on doing their own "stunts".

Who knows, maybe you'll get lucky and get a part in a Mad Max movie.
>>
>>70403395
your better off being a rodeo clown. pussy isn't so bad either if your into redneck milfs
>>
>>70404395
I can fall hard without hurting myself due to years of skating.
I dont bruise/scar easily.
I can take a punch to the nose pretty well.
my body can tolerate a lot of pain at once.
>>
My friend and his mom are both stuntman. His mom was the lady that did the stunt in the first Fast and Furious where the car drives under the big rig.

Basically, you have to get a foothold in extreme sports. Be good at skating, dirt biking, rally racing, etc, get your foot in the door with some competitions, then start applying at stunt agencies when you have a portfolio.
>>
>>70404395
i guess i got no skills really besides falling
>>
>>70404949

haha

classic
>>
Stuntmen get paid to get injured on behalf of the main actors so they can keep shooting if there's an accident.

Remember what happened to Mila Jovovich s stunt double? How would you like to have your face 'degloved'?

Join the union as a gaffer or something they make way better pay
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.