[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that >Content
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 10
File: british guy.jpg (72 KB, 794x416) Image search: [Google]
british guy.jpg
72 KB, 794x416
Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that

>Content wise, the show was okay.
>Production, editing and music is top notch as always
>Road trip/challenge was kinda boring
>Viper vs Corvette was good
>Ariel Nomad test was great
>Chris Evans needs to calm down.
>Joey was okay.
>The new guest rally stage is cool.
>>
>>70390641
The writing's as good as ever

The acting from Evans is bad

The smugness from LeBlanc needs to be a recurring thing

Both need to practice their off-the-cuff approach for the show.
>>
F
A
C
T
>>
>>70390641
Evans was unbearable.
All the "we got custody/ha ha Jeremy was a prick, right?/don't worry we're still the same show" jokes never clicked with me and just seemed sad.

Matt was fun.
Content wise as good as it's ever been.
2 hosts feels like it's too little now, though.
>>
everything about it was at least agreeable apart from evans, he's a fucking twat
>>
Evans prancing around like he owns the show when you know that it was Clarkson and the producers he took with him to Amazon who came up with stuff like the Stig, Stars in reasonably priced cars just rubs me the wrong way.

Should've come up with a whole new concept, but that would've required creativity.

It's a shame that highlights like Matt and Sabine are keeping this trainwreck from going down fast.
>>
>>70390641
Maybe up to the point where they stuck those fake missiles and gun on them for whatever that "challenge" was supposed to be.
That was just unfunny and completely pointless.
>>
>>70390641
I have no idea how the cars feel or drive, other than that they're very fast and the Z06 has bad suspension. That's something they need to improve on very quickly.
>>
>>70390641
>Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that
Extra Gear>"so called" Top Gear

Evans is insufferable. Joey is meh but could be decent. "Interviews" (plugs more like) were shit. Sucking the american cock was dreadful.
>>
>>70390641
Fuck off BBC shill
>>
File: I wonder who.png (130 KB, 1016x1696) Image search: [Google]
I wonder who.png
130 KB, 1016x1696
>>70390641
SHILL
H
I
L
L
>>
Why even call it Top Gear? Why not just make a new concept, at least that would be less cringeworthy and jarring.
>>
>>70391339
This. Evans is a tool
>>
>Content wise, the show was okay.

lets drive to blackpool in reliant robins
okay why?
let's just do it lol
okay now lets do a drag race between 2 cars that with one that will be objectively better because it has a better engine
okay lol it won
yeah I know lol
okay so now lets pull some ice cream vans
okay it won that too
oh yeah lol
okay lets do tug of war
lol i'll pop the baloon because we didn't think this through, I win lol
lol okay
okay so now lets get to the top of these hills with an american strongman (why?) and a british olympian
okay lol
okay I can't do it so I'll cheat
lol
lol

lets have our token woman do some driving for 2 minutes
okay

okay here are some totally unrelated celebs
who has the better car
oh, one of them has only ever owned one car okay don't worry then
okay here's our new track which is actually just the old track but you drive off the track for a bit

that was it
LeBlanc's review was the only thing that even resembled the old show
>>
>that obvious audience plant that brought up the catering
>that bombshell reference

ah yes... very funny
>>
Also, why isn't Sabine or the good Chris the Stig? They're both accomplished racing drivers.
>>
File: Jack-Nicholson.jpg (99 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Jack-Nicholson.jpg
99 KB, 1600x900
>>70392408
Feels like a granny suffering a stroke.
She's just never gonna be the same again.

Better get the pillow ready.
>>
>>70392520
the thing that made the last one so good was that the lads were all mates off camera too, so their banter and the way they fuck each other over was funny

Chris and Matt aren't mates, so when they bump into each other's cars its just like, why, why did you do that? where's the humour
>>
Whelp, fuck you BBC, i'll just make me a cup of tea, skip the retarded sales crap and watch Edd mend cars the right way until Grand Tour shows up.
>>
only good parts were some matt lines, sabine's western ranch in germany and harris driving the ariel nomad.

2 of those are from the 'spin-off' show
>>
nah, its the same as any of the bazillion car shows existing right now but with an annoying presenter.
>>
>>70393085
Ranch?
>>
>>70390641
>The new guest rally stage is cool.
Changing the track in any way is unforgivable.
It's like making Stig's jumpsuit rainbow-colored and retcon him to having been gay all along.
>>
>>70390641
Leblanc is fine, just get rid off Evans and the show will probably have a chance. I just can't stand looking at this faggot's face.
>>
>>70393291
the black dude goes and visits her place in germany where her racing car and garage are

she has this on her property, also has a random pet boar
>>
>>70390641
CHRIS EVANS IS OUR GUY
>>
>>70392805
Kino fucking show there
>>
File: 1451260075425.jpg (94 KB, 602x709) Image search: [Google]
1451260075425.jpg
94 KB, 602x709
>Unironically liking new shit gear
>>
>>70392805

>that guy on the right

How is it possible to look like that?
>>
>>70393522
>tfw american top gear is now better than bbc top gear
newest season was bretty good desu. they've settled into their banter and they don't bother to do interviews and shit
>>
>>70393602
Be a big guy but have a small face
>>
>>70393614
The one time I tried (Early) american top gear it was fucking awful, is it better now, or the same?
>>
It's as good as ever. Only literal racist trump supports hate it because they got rid of a decrepit cast of bigots in favor of something fresh.
>>
>>70393721
first few seasons were shit, most recent season was pretty enjoyable
>>
>>70392805
That show is fucking awesome.
>>
It was shit
>>
>>70392805
Ed looks like a retarded Alan Rickman
>>
What does everyone think of the Africa special? It was one of the first episodes of top gear I had seen so it is one of my favorites. Everyone always says Vietnam was the best.
>>
>>70393803
I only saw the episode where he was trading shitty swedish half cars. Does it get better?
>>
>>70393382
Did i miss something?
Was that in last sunday's episode?
>>
>>70393891
It's always good if you're a AutoFag.

The breakdowns of the cars are always in-depth but never boring.
>>
>>70393868
Vietnam was the GOAT
>>
>>70393912

It was on extra gear
>>
>>70390641
LeBlanc is the only thing worth.
They should recall the old trio and add LeBlanc.
>>
>>70393944
Patagonia was better desu
>>
>>70393987
no

they should recall the old trio and leave it at that

if it ain't broke don't fix it
>>
>>70390641

chris evans was a total cunt, fuck that guy i hope they sack him because otherwise this show won't last long. Oh who am i kidding, it's dead anyway.

I literally shat myself when chris and matt genuinely liked their reliants. "what cute little cars!"

are you shitting me?
>>
>>70392339
why reboot spiderman, why not make your own super hero with spider powers, you could call him arachnid-guy.

serious answer: brand recognition
>>
>>70393868
Vietnam, Bolivia, Burma, and the Polar race were the best, the rest range from pretty good to very scripted.
>>
>>70393891
There's two kind of episodes, most of the time Mike buys a car and Edd fixes it.
Sometimes it's only Mike trying to flip multiple cars to buy his dream car. I don't like those, but they're not all bad.
>>
File: 1408705520511.png (13 KB, 528x424) Image search: [Google]
1408705520511.png
13 KB, 528x424
>>70394002
nah, only good part of that was getting chased out

>honestly, I had no idea - Jez
>>
File: tg_-line-up_maincloser_af1.jpg (230 KB, 1733x1102) Image search: [Google]
tg_-line-up_maincloser_af1.jpg
230 KB, 1733x1102
Are they going to gradually introduce the rest of the cast throughout the season, or are some of them dedicated to the "extra gear" show?
>>
>>70393940
>>70392805
Love stuff like this, though the wheeler dealing bit feels forced and unnecessary. Scratches the same itch as Forgotten Weapons on youtube, and I'm not a car or gun fag, just autistic. Also there's James May's recent BBC show where he put stuff back together slowly.
>>
The new guest shit was unbearable. Eisenberg and Ramsay saying scripted shit about each other off teleprompters was worse than the Oscars and Evans is way too try hard and obnoxious to make the track commentary interesting.
News is gone, height jokes are gone, dumb American stereotype jokes are gone. What's the fucking point?
>>
>>70394057
relegated to extra show so evans can hang out with the famous american actor guy
>>
More like cuck gear
>>
>>70394057
Chris Evans hates brown people, so they're not allowed on the main show.
>>
>>70394080
That's why i laughed out loud when Ramsey couldn't read the teleprompter without his glasses.
>>
>>70394080
Yeah, it lost everything and gained nothing
>>
SHIT GEAR

SHIT

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT
>>
>>70394098
ironically extra gear has way better content than the main show
>>
Just watched some old re run of top gear

good God, the new series is shite
>>
>>70390641
It could be the best show ever but I'll never know as it stars Chris Evans which means I will never watch it.
>>
I can't wait for grand tour to fucking bomb
>>
>>70394788
kid, Amazon has more money than god
>>
>>70394788
Give us some more FACTs Chris.
>>
>>70394836
What does that have to do with ratings your moron
>>
>Evans: 1/10
>Leblanc: 8/10
>>
>>70395080
Leblanc isn't that good, he's just the equivalent of a chubby girl standing next to a land whale. HIV looks good compared to Chris.
>>
>>70390641
Joey was great. Evans needs to get cancer and die. Those are the FACTS
>>
>>70392042
Yeah that nigger and terrorist was surprising entertaining. Those two + Joey, all the shows needs and I'd watch it every week.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.