[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>>/film/ when again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: stroheim.png (359 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
stroheim.png
359 KB, 640x480
>>/film/ when again?
>>
Is this from The Merry Widow? Almost watched that last night.
>>
there would have to be a couple of somewhat dedicated mods who sincerely understand and care about the topic/nature of the board in order to get it on track over the first few weeks. it'd have to be a strictly no fun allowed environment, at least to start.
>>
>all of the capeshit threads get a containment board
I'm for it
>>
Is it true that swwaglord actually opened the board early because he was upset that it was even being made??
>>
>>70359863
The Man you love to hate!
Eric Von Stronheim!
Sucks that the version
of Greed he made is lost
9 hours of greatness
lost.
>>
>>70360014
additionally, just imo, a /tvg/ and a modern superhero media board would be a better idea than just making /film/
>>
>>70360087
Just watched the reconstruction and they sure did cut a lot out, like whole characters and subplots. It's greatness still shines through what remains.
>>
>>70360114
that would work well
/film/ itself has worked well
8 c han it's slow but it's pretty much on point.
>>
>>70360148
/film/ only worked because they were still able to send all the retards to /tv/
>>
>>70359966
I watched it two weeks ago and it was beautiful. I wasn't bored for a minute.
>>
>>70360131
yeah sadly the worse part is the story on how it got lost it existed up till the 1950

if you like watching documentary about early movies u should watch the hollywood documentary
episode 7 deals with von stronheim and the history of greed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCjrS7v78vA
>>
>>70360212
true and the /bane/ itself contained bane posters.
>>
File: lisa and the devil.jpg (209 KB, 800x447) Image search: [Google]
lisa and the devil.jpg
209 KB, 800x447
Why did they even bother trying out a /film/ if it was gonna be unmoderated? Did they think there would be any other results but pure garbage?

People are gonna shitpost on 4chan forever but you used to be able have discussions IN BETWEEN the shit posts. Now crossposters are allowed to derail any thread within three posts and anything that does't get derailed gets buried by 15 new capeshit threads that get 10 shit post responses each within 10 minutes. This board is essentially useless at this point.
>>
>>70360649
Because the guy that let it happen is scared he'll be chased out like he was here
>>
>>70359863
>>70359966
not a film it's a movie at best
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.