[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A kino that slipped beneath the cracks, or rightfully ignored?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: frank.jpg (7 KB, 163x310) Image search: [Google]
frank.jpg
7 KB, 163x310
A kino that slipped beneath the cracks, or rightfully ignored?
>>
literally redit
>>
i really liked it. the third act was surprisingly mature and thoughtful.
>>
>>70359288
I think I'll watch this right now and tell you later
>>
File: r61atso1_500.gif (1 MB, 500x211) Image search: [Google]
r61atso1_500.gif
1 MB, 500x211
Slipped. It was pretty good. Ending gave me feels
>>
>>70359319

What did he mean by this?
>>
was discussed quite a bit when it came out

probably because of fassbender

I LOVE YOU WALL
>>
>>70359288
The irony of this movie is that it mocks the kind of people who really loved it
there was a lot of substance and it gets bonus points for making me attracted to Maggie
Gyllenhaal
>>
I stopped watching this halfway through since I couldn't stand Maggie Gyllenhaal. I've been meaning to finish it though
>>
>kino
>i n
>n i
>onik
>>
This movie reminded me of my college friends before hipster was a widely used term. I really liked it though
>>
Rightfully ignored trash.

Still like Fassbender though.
>>
>>70359288
DUDE QUIRKY LMAO
>>
>>70359288
>newfriend confirmed
If you'd actually been around, it was heavily talked about after the torrent dropped
>>
>>70359319
Literally 4chan actually
>>
File: Mindblown.gif (4 MB, 443x312) Image search: [Google]
Mindblown.gif
4 MB, 443x312
>>70359435
>>
>>70361496

>you missed a single thread so you're new

Found the ledditor
>>
hipster trash
>>
I was finding it to be an enjoyable C+ indie effort but then Maggie Gyllenhaal stabs the protagonist dude only to later be kind of forgiven for it WAY TOO conveniently.

What makes it even more unforgivable is between the stabbing and the reunion the movie works towards deconstructing Fassbender's charisma and showing the audience how emotionally crippled he is - and by extension his quirky bandmates - so its not even like there's a believable reason for protagonist dude to be all "ok she stabbed me but due to xyz its ok", she's just a legit trainwreck of a person that stabs him.

But then everyone is just kind of crammed back together at the end for a hackneyed sense of accomplishment.
>>
>>70361664
>discussed a lot
>single thread

Learn to read sperg.
>>
>>70362282

I wasn't talking about its prevalence on /tv/ you fucking twat
>>
>>70362303
What the fucki were you talking about then?
>>
What was the movie trying to say?
>>
>>70362417
Don't try to weasel your way into an established band and try to change shit around?
>>
>>70362417
it was a thinly veiled critique of deadmau5 and his stupid headgear
>>
>>70362471
So it was like that inside Louie Davis movie where the question is what makes a true artist
>>
>>70359288
I just finished watching. Very nice photography.
>>
>>70359327
I watched it. Very good but wtf?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.