[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>leave capekino to me Barry Allen’s solo on-screen adventure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: 1242352.jpg (186 KB, 930x640) Image search: [Google]
1242352.jpg
186 KB, 930x640
>leave capekino to me

Barry Allen’s solo on-screen adventure is getting a tune-up. The popular DC Comics character The Flash will have Sundance darling Rick Famuyiwa now at its helm. According to two sources, the director of Dope is in negotiations to join the DC Comics multi-verse, helming his first big-production flick starring Ezra Miller as the titular hero.

The news comes just a little more than a month after DC and author Seth Grahame-Smith parted ways over what was to be Grahame-Smith’s directorial debut. After Warner Bros. fledgling subsidiary DC Films stumbled on Batman vs. Superman, it decided to take a closer look at who was in charge of each upcoming film.

Famuyiwa is no veteran to big-budget movies but he has made four films, including the 2015 Sundance darling Dope. His other credits include Brown Sugar, The Wood, and Our Family Wedding. He also co-wrote the 2007 film Talk to Me and most recently directed the HBO movie Confirmation, starring Kerry Washington as Anita Hill. The Flash will mark the biggest budget effort yet for the 42-year old Nigerian-American filmmaker.
>>
Good pickup, Famuyiwa's done good indie work.
>>
>>70358368
CAPEKINO LIVES TO SEE ANOTHER DAY!
>>
hahaha
>>
But I thought black directors can only direct superhero movies about black superheroes?

This is great though, much better than Smith being at the helm.
>>
Isn't this the guy who did that slander piece against Clarence Thomas?
>>
>>70358444
It is a little amusing that for a company like Disney/Marvel that does everything to look progressive, it's WB/DC who actually gets a woman, a gook and a black guy on a non-black lead film to direct their capeshit.
>>
>>70358368
the ending of dope sucked fucking dicks and it was a bit heavy handed with the 'wow we're nerds lmao' thing, but it was an ok flick.
>>
>>70358368
>Marvel
>only niggas can direct/write comics of our black characters
>only women can direct/write comics of our female characters
>DC/WB
>lol here's what true diversity is about

Cereal God getting shit done
>>
Dope was fucking shit
>>
>>70358646
WB only auditioned women to direct "Wonder Woman", too.

And it has already been said they'll get a black guy to direct "Cyborg". Maybe this black guy, since "The Flash" is basically a stealth Cyborg movie to get someone to care about him.
>>
>>70359207
>implying a Cyborg movie will ever get made after BvS
>>
>>70358697

Yeah I agree. Why is it that after 100+ years of filmmaking, people will still beat you over the head with a message?
>>
>>70359230

You think wb wants to get caught up in the shit storm of a Cyborg cancellation?

The character is shit, the flick is going to be shit, the flick is going to flop, and there is nothing they can do about it.
>>
>>70359329
There's rumors that it's already been cancelled and they'll just put Cyborg in the Flash movie.
I'm sure Cyborg's 5 fans will get upset.
>>
>>70359367
Cyborg is confirmed for "The Flash", but they still want him to get his own movie.
>>
Dope was so bad
>>
>>70358368
>After Warner Bros. fledgling subsidiary DC Films stumbled on Batman vs. Superman

Kek
Plebs can't even get the name right.
>>
>>70359611
It's Batman vs. Superman, nobody cares about Snyder's retardation.
>>
>>70358368
Didn't he just get found guilty for murdering someone I'm so co fused right now
>>
>>70359869
No, that was your mother's husband.
>>
>>70359722
But there IS a difference anon.
>>
>>70359207
You're out of the loop brah. Cyborg has been canned due to bad reception in BvS

Shazam is now being moved forward with the rock as black Adam and Tatum as shazam
>>
>>70360122
>and Tatum as shazam

dude that's not true, that was just a casting call thread, I should know, I'm one of the people that suggested/supported it.
>>
>>70360122
You've fell for fake leaks, senpai.
>>
>plebs still pretending BvS is bad because Reddit Tomatoes told them so
>>
>>70360363
>DCucks still mad because RT rightfully shat on yet another Snyder joint
>>
>>70358444

Definitely an upgrade from the guy who's biggest claim to fame is taking Pride and Prejudice and randomly added the word "zombie" throughout the book.
>>
>>70358368
>hire a black director for a white superhero movie

The absolute madmen at WB.
>>
>>70360757
racist
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.