[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How could anyone call this boring? I was thoroughly entertained
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: the-master-cartel2.jpg (54 KB, 458x654) Image search: [Google]
the-master-cartel2.jpg
54 KB, 458x654
How could anyone call this boring?
I was thoroughly entertained by this, mainly because of the biting commentary on L Ron Hubbard and of course the gorgeous framing that part with Joaquim running in the fields, he's in the precise middle, the dust he raises, everything is fucking perfect
>>
The last 1/3rd or 1/4th was pretty boring IMO, still a great movie though.
>>
but who was the master? they didn't make that clear. paul thomas anderson always does this, and it is infuriating.

there are no magnolias in magnolia.
there is no blood in there will be blood.
there is no inherent vice in inherent vice.
there is no punch drunk love in punch drunk love.
there is no boogie in boogie nights.
>>
people usually confuse more character driven stuff as "being boring"
>>
>>70324988
there's one of those in all of those
>>
>>70324988
Dodd was a master in scamming people with pseudo-religious technobabble and whoever Joaquin's character's name was was a master in making booze out of thin air
>>
>>70324908
He is, by the end of the movie, his own master.
>>
>>70324988
Peggy you fucking pta plebeian
>>
JPhoenix was absolutely fucking disgusting in this

What are his best roles?
>>
>>70326015
Gladiator of course
>>
>>70326015
Inherent Vice
I'm Still Here
>>
>>70326015
This one
>>
>>70324908
PIG FUCK
>>
>>70325005
Boring characters make a boring movie.
It's pretty clear people only like this movie because they are children who want to seem intelligent or superior. Well, grow up, this movie is trash.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.