[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that the Alien and the Predator were both originally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: info.png (1 MB, 1824x935) Image search: [Google]
info.png
1 MB, 1824x935
Daily reminder that the Alien and the Predator were both originally played by two men with striking similarities.

-tall black guys, arts students
-both were /both/ born and died within two years of each other (Badejo was around a bit longer)
-lives cut short by blood disorders
>>
>>70324340
Pottery

Real talk though, these guys defined by childhood.
>>
Hall vs. Badejo
>>
>>70324514
Fund it.
>>
haha everyone who likes these meme movies are now cucks hahaha!!!
>>
File: 1461517927965.jpg (58 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1461517927965.jpg
58 KB, 320x320
GREAT, now I've come to find out both of my favorite flicks have not one but TWO NIGGERS
>>
WE
>>
>>70324340

Ridley Scott found Badejo in some British pub and was almost thrown out for eyeing him up for his measurements.

Eventually asked him if he'd ever worked in movie production before by "monday morning" he was apparently wearing the early drafts of the Xenomorph suit on set scaring the shit out of the cast members.
>>
>>70325920
WUZ
>>
>>70326588
PREDATORS N SHEEIIIT!
>>
>>70325870

aw c'mon, they're just brothers from another planet

>>70326246

The pub thing is the usual story. Another version goes that a casting man found him first, then arranged for him to meet Ridley. I'm realizing that Ridley's memory is fuzzy on certain things, so be careful.

Also Badejo lived quietly for the rest of his life, which makes it difficult to substantiate details. I still haven't seen a genuniely convincing obit, just a bunch of people taking wiki at face value (as I did when making the image).

It's hard to trust any information that comes out of Nigeria. :^)
>>
File: the-brother-from-another-planet.jpg (482 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
the-brother-from-another-planet.jpg
482 KB, 1000x1500
>>70327293

whoops, have this.
>>
File: 1454040935022.gif (418 KB, 245x138) Image search: [Google]
1454040935022.gif
418 KB, 245x138
>>70324340
>died at 39 of sickle cell anemia
Get rekt niggers
>>
>>70326246

Giger also repeats the story detail of Ridley himself initially discovering Bolaji, but I am dubious - the other version is still floating around. Giger also personally lists Badejo's height as 6' 10-1/2", or 210 cm. Since Giger and crew actually built Badejo a form-fitting suit and all, I should think that Giger knows this one better than anyone short of Badejo himself.

"Bolaji Badejo (plate 372G) a black man 2.10 metres (6ft 10 1/2 in) tall, has been spotted by Scott in a bar, and will play the living nucleus of the Alien."

-H.R. Giger, Giger's Alien, Morpheus, p. 60
>>
Badejo is a myth. The alien was real.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFpgu1L1YIc
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.