[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the man from UNCLE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: M4LnM97.jpg (258 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
M4LnM97.jpg
258 KB, 1024x1024
Just rewatched this, I think it's really good. What does /tv/ think?
>>
GF dragged me to see it and I was pleasantly surprised. I'd actually like to see a sequel.
>>
>>70313921
what's wrong with Cavil. He plays a good Archer-ish agent here. If there's a new James Bond he'd be perfect as well.
>>
>>70313848
I really enjoyed it
>>
>>70313921
>Unattractive nu male who knows girls his age that get their panties wet everytime they see based Henry on screen detected
>>
>le box office poison nepotism provided career charisma vacuum heir to arm & hammer fortune man
>>
>>70314546
what
>>
>>70313848

Would you believe it's the movie that made me understand what Alison Bechdel was aiming for when she wrote the comic strip that's the basis for the infamous "Bechdel Test"? The movie ostensibly passes, because of a brief scene where Debicki's character talks about jewelry with a guest at a party, but what really struck me was when Vikander's character is brought face to face with Debicki - and rather than be allowed to speak even a word for herself, the character of her father does the talking. I was dumbstruck. Here was the lead female brought before the lead villain, and they're given an intermediary? What prevented Ritchie from letting them speak directly? Would that ever happen if either of them were male? That's the kind of thing that Bechdel was trying to get writers to think about.
>>
Movie was classykino

Also Vikander a cute in this
>>
It was a fun watch.
>>
Cavill was great in this

Arm and hammer on the other hand has no presence whatsoever
>>
File: 1357686858443.jpg (13 KB, 350x313) Image search: [Google]
1357686858443.jpg
13 KB, 350x313
>>70313848
>it's really good
it had a flashback to the scene that happened 15 seconds before the flashback. TWICE.
>>
>>70313848
They should've casted someone more attractive to play the girl. But i was a good movie
>>
>>70315095
"no"
>>
>>70315080
That's my only critique
>>
OST was GOAT
>>
sex scene was good with blondie
watched at theater
>>
>>70315080
>15 seconds
Generous
>>
Definition of all style, no substance

it deserved a chance at a sequel though, shame it was a flop
>>
>>70313848
Shame Cavil can't get someone else to direct him as Superman, because he was fantastic in this.
>>
Had to drop it after like 20 minutes. Too cheesy for me.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.