[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honestly, this is the best SW movie. >b-but Ewoks were paleo-Jar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: return_of_jedi_spec_ed.jpg (187 KB, 400x596) Image search: [Google]
return_of_jedi_spec_ed.jpg
187 KB, 400x596
Honestly, this is the best SW movie.

>b-but Ewoks were paleo-Jar Jars!!!

Not an argument.
>>
File: rotj.webm (3 MB, 1000x427) Image search: [Google]
rotj.webm
3 MB, 1000x427
>>
>>70300031
https://youtu.be/eIl0H2yF3aY?t=3m50s so good
>>
Pacing is terrible. Ewoks aren't the problem, it's that they're introduced literally 75 minutes into the film.
>>
>>70299911
>>70300031
All the Luke and Vader stuff is great. The problem is everything else. The 40 minute opening at Jabbas palace, the lame 2nd Death Star main plot, and the silly reveal that Leia is Lukes sister. They havent figured out how to make a really great Star Wars movie since Empire, and I doubt they ever will
>>
>>70299911
Ewoks are gay, its the weakest movie in the Original trilogy easily
>>
>>70300397
not as gay as you lmao
>>
File: Jabba.jpg (26 KB, 401x271) Image search: [Google]
Jabba.jpg
26 KB, 401x271
>>
>>70299911
Nah, it's a definite step down from ANH and ESB. Lucas and friends really should have come up with a different ending. Maybe an attack on the Empire's capital city or something? Han not bringing up Lando's betrayal kind of bothered me. But I guess that happened off screen? Ewoks are fine. I can see what Lucas was trying to do. Perhaps it would have been less divisive if the scenes were treated a little more seriously. Everything dealing with Luke, Vader, Emperor was phenomenal. Some of the best stuff in the series. And I liked how it ended. Wrapped up the trilogy well. Better than the entire Prequel Trilogy and TFA.

If Spielberg had direced RotJ as originally planned, we'd have true kino on our hands.
>>
>>70299911

How is Ewoks not an argument? They were insufferable and they took up a huge chunk of screen time in the third act. They even advance the plot. You're a moron if you think that somehow has no effect on the overall film.

Jedi is by far the weakest of the original trilogy. It feels like a Saturday morning cartoon. In Empire there were real consequences and the characters had some depth. In Jedi, Luke is an idiot (being constantly fooled by stupid shit like a trap door above a pit with a giant monster that any Jedi worth his salt would pick up on), Han Solo is turned into a cuddly beta-male ("If you love Luke I won't stand in the way", etc.) who stands outside a door for the entire last act of the movie, the once fearsome Darth Vader now plays second fiddle to the main villain, Jabba's death was retarded, Boba Fett's death was retarded, the rebuilding of the Death Star was uninspired and hackneyed, and so on, this has been discussed a million times and it's common knowledge. Stop being a contrarian.
>>
>>70300119

This. The stuff with Luke and Vader feels like it's from another movie. And a much better one at that.
>>
I'll probably get a lot of shit for this but even Episode VII is better than Jedi. The only thing worse than Jedi is the prequels. Yes, all three of them.
>>
>>70300582

why is it that beyond a certain age, some men's necks just fucking explode

I mean come on, he hasn't gained THAT much weight
>>
>>70300031
This is probably one of my favorite scenes in any movie ever, followed by Vader throwing palpy off the bridge.

Until Georgie raped it with "Nuuu...NUUUOOO!!

That being said, RotJ has it's faults, but remains my favorite because of the Luke/Vader scenes.
>>
>Return of the Jedi
The story is weak because it's essentially two separate stories: save Han and destroy Death Star 2.0 (which is itself split into four parts: Luke vs Vader/the Emperor, Han and Leia with the shield generator, Lando's space battle, and the Ewoks fighting the Stormtroopers). It feels like there's two movies in this one movie, and they had to rush through the first one to get to the second one.

Then there's a lot of dumb elements. Luke and Leia being brother and sister was stupid. Death Star 2.0 is stupid. The Emperor doesn't really have much of plan when it comes to Luke because, unlike with Anakin, the Emperor has nothing Luke wants. Boba's death was lame.

If you like Jedi, that's great for you. But pretending that "ewoks" are the only complaint people have when it comes to Jedi is oafish.
>>
>>70299911

It's honestly pretty impossible to talk star wars with anyone that hasn't read this book because they are just missing so much information.

Anyway the reason RotJ has the problems that it does is because Lucas cancelled his plans for a second post-RotJ trilogy that was going to focus on luke's sister, so the sudden death of yoda, the demise of the emperor, and Leia being the missing puzzle piece were all hastily shoved into this 3rd movie which created a lot of story problems.

There was never supposed to be a second Death Star, Leia was never supposed to be Luke's sister, Yoda was supposed to persist on, etc... The ewoks are a red-herring, it's like when people want to express their distaste of the prequels but don't have any way to express it they just harp about jar jar and don't bother to talk about the weak annoying characters, the bloated stupid plot, the terrible script choices, the contradictory lore and confused tone, etc... People know that something is wrong with RotJ, but they don't know quite what so they just attack the teddy bears.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.