[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
X-Men: Apocalypse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: xmen apocalypse.jpg (371 KB, 1500x1129) Image search: [Google]
xmen apocalypse.jpg
371 KB, 1500x1129
Bit late to the party but I finally saw X-Men: Apocalypse.

The first half was better than I expected, and the second was worse than I expected, so it ended up being around the overall quality I was hoping for.

PROS
>The opening scene in Egypt
>The opening credits
>The music
>Fassbender
>Quicksilver
>Xavier's mind palace thing (until Jean Grey joins in)

CONS
>The script (especially the last half hour)
>Treatment of new characters like Psylocke, Storm, Cyclops and Jean Grey
>Annoying plot contrivances like the power swapper gizmo
>Jennifer Lawrence's BTS tantrum resulting in her being blue less than half of the film - which was very against character.
>Jean Grey's nonsense ending (where the fuck does that character go from here?)

Magneto's arc was cool but incredibly rushed in the first act and at a standstill in the second and third - maybe having him asked to join before his family died and then having that incident occur a little later and him joining up with Apocalypse a little later would've worked better.

I'd probably give it a 7/10. For reference's sake, I gave Deadpool a 7/10, BvS a 3/10 and Civil War a 6/10 - which means Fox is easily winning 2016 capeshit so far, as far as I'm concerned.
What did you guys think? Also happy to answer any questions for those who haven't seen it.
>>
File: 1464404093862.jpg (278 KB, 1106x1600) Image search: [Google]
1464404093862.jpg
278 KB, 1106x1600
>>70298613
>BvS 3/10
Opinion Invalid
>>
>>70298692
Well, it was pretty damn awful. Not 0/10 abysmal, but definitely a bad movie.
>>
>>70298613
>Annoying plot contrivances like the power swapper gizmo
>power swapper gizmo
wut
>>
>>70298960

He's talking about the soul/mind transference machine. I think
>>
>>70298960
So in the first scene we see a different guy playing Apocalypse (I'm pretty sure, anyway) and he lies on this slab next to Oscar Isaac on another slab, and this Oscar Isaac has Wolverine's regen power.

So then this gizmo comes from the ceiling and transfers Apocalypse's consciousness into Oscar Isaac's body, and it takes all his powers with him. The other Apocalypse body dies. We're told this happens every time Apocalypse wants a new power - he just slips into the next dude's body and takes all his old powers with him, acquiring the new one as he does so.

Of course, the whole thing is stupid because he literally builds another one later out of sand, so he obviously doesn't actually need the device and has the power to do it himself. And apparently the first step in the process makes the second body go bald, before any transference has ever happened. Because.... Wink to the audience? And of course there's a time limit on it, because plot.
>>
File: image.jpg (247 KB, 2184x1152) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
247 KB, 2184x1152
SWEET DREAMS ARE MADE OF THIS
>>
>>70299157
that sounds stupid
>>
>>70300506
Yeah, it wasn't great.
>>
>>70299157
His sand power pissed me off, like when he rebuilt Magneto's helmet from sand. Like is that all it take to get a new one?
>>
>>70298613
Honestly who the fuck cares? Jesus christ go write a blog somewhere else dude.
>>
>>70301170
Right? And does that shit still block Xavier's power? Why doesn't Apocalypse build his own while Xavier and Jean are all up in his head?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.