[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /tv/'s opinion on Captain Disillusion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: beakmallusion.jpg (215 KB, 1547x815) Image search: [Google]
beakmallusion.jpg
215 KB, 1547x815
What is /tv/'s opinion on Captain Disillusion?
>>
wait.. there is a new Beakman's World series? I knew the comic it was based on was still going.
>>
>>70298567

Olive teen on the left is nice. That his daughter?
>>
ah. guess he guest starred in character on this guy's webzone series.
>>
>>70299606
No he just guest starred in some YT video. Captain Disillusion debunks internet videos by showing how they were faked with CG. Beakman showed up to explain why perpetual motion is bullshit.

The ironic thing is CD is a black hole of charisma compared to Beakman. It made me wish he had a new show.
>>
>>70299679
>The ironic thing is CD is a black hole of charisma

Yeah, it's sort of interesting. Like the smart people are not always the most charismatic. And the most charismatic are not always that smart. So usually what you do is get smart people to hire the charismatic. But on low budget web productions you typically don't have the money for that.
>>
>>70299801
I like his channel because he does have a good knowledge of special effects and how videos were made, and his brand of skepticism is just "don't believe things you see on the internet". But he tries too hard to be funny and his skits are forgettable.

But yeah, I wish this show had more money so Beakman could host permanently. He was always better than Bill Nye
>>
>>70298567
This guys hasn't lost a step, he's exactly the same as he was back in the 90's absolutely perfect.
>>
>all this CD hate
>implying the "how it's faked" segment in this video isn't the best thing ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuhkVTJ6A_c
>>
>>70298567
This episode was painfully cringe.
>>
This made me nostalgic. The last time I saw beakman he was in Mexico doing a live science show,but the thing is that not that many peoplle cared ,beakman was popular because of the dubbing. (The guy that dub him was the same guy that dubbed will smith and he was a star by itself he changed the rap in the fresh prince and it sounded even better in spanish) at this point he's pretty old. The character that really made the beakman show was LEster the lab rat and the guy is dead. I feel bad for Zaloom if you compare him with Bil Nye he ended in the shitter and his show was way better if you ask me.
>>
>>70300117
You seem mistaken.
The Cap is usually based.
The recent episode was cringe. That's it.
>>
>>70299625
no just some nobody actor/singer

https://isina.com/profiles/943779810759
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm7160233/
>>
>>70300294
Beakman in the shitter because his character is a CBS property while Bill was PBS and used his real name.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.