[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you find his movies funny?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 1280x721
Do you find his movies funny?
>>
They're documentaries, not movies, gang.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 234x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 234x250
>>70290812
I thought they were funny when I was in high school. Now not so much. Maybe it's because I'm so bitter.
>>
>>70290812
Borat is literally the funniest movie ever made
>>
I find his interviews funny, like ali g show stuff - where he actually fucked with people.

not a fan of his scripted material.
>>
>>70292535

this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SaHW6Y7_Yg

^ fucking with trump
>>
Ali G and Borat were funny. Swore off this faggot forever after I saw Bruno.
>>
>>70290812
>Do you find his movies funny?
No
>>
>>70292665

lol homophobic much
>>
>>70293022

We found the Faggot
>>
File: zachary-levi-328197772.jpg (119 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
zachary-levi-328197772.jpg
119 KB, 800x1200
He looks like a Jewish Zachary Levi
>>
>>70293084

why did you capitalize faggot?

your new God?
>>
Borat was legitimately great. Ali G was good but not really my flavor.

Everything else of his I've seen is pretty meh.
>>
he cant do unscripted material anymore. he is to recognizable now
>>
>>70293165

Easier to identify for later lynching
>>
The Brothers Grimsby rip just came out

anyone watch it?
>>
One hit wonder, his first movie was good, the rest sucked.
>>
his HBO shows were great

Ali G movie was okay, had some funny moments but obviously 100% scripted
Bruno was okay; don't care that the character is gay, just wasn't as funny
Borat is a fucking classic watch the YMS review if you don't agree

I saw The Dictator and that was pretty stupid. Didn't even bother with his last movie.
>>
Borat was genuinely hilarious. After that mostly forgettable trash. I didn't mind The Dictator.
>>
>>70293273
>his HBO shows were great

this. 100% this. he is a master at fucking with people on the fly.
>>
Da Ali G Show is one of the funniest things I've ever seen
>>
>>70290812

IDRIS ELBOW
>>
>>70293249
yea bunch of funny scenes
>>
Ali G indahouse I have fond memories of because I watched it as a kid - I doubt if I was watching it today for the first time I'd like it as much. Borat was great, Bruno was ok - still made me chuckle in parts.

The Dictator was pretty below average. I don't know what it is, it just seemed to be trying too hard to be edgy with the humour - and the payoff wasn't really worth it. The concept and character seemed like great they had great comedic potential, it sort of just feels like wasted potential. The character was just kind of a vehicle for making crude jokes.
>>
>>70293529

and how old are you might i ask?
>>
>>70293617
>>
>>70290812
When I was 16 I took a girl out on a date to see Borat. I had no idea what is was about, had never seen the show or anything.

Anyway, turns out the girl was jewish, she wasn't very impressed. I didn't find out until the end and was busting my gut the whole time
>>
Yes.
>>
Borat is good, Ali G is good. I didn't like Bruno when I first saw it, but I watched it a year or two ago and it was better than I remembered.

I really like Sacha Baron Cohen's interviews. His stories about making the movies are crazy.
>>
only borat.
>>
I thought Borat was funny when I was in high school, and then I found out about Ali G after that and those skits were funny but the Ali G movie was meh, and then Bruno and everything that followed it was bad.

He sort of dug himself into a niche that only worked once desu.
>>
>>70290812
Good jokes, but his movies are too simple to be that long.
>>
>>70293273
>his HBO shows were great

What shows were these?

I remember watching some shows of his on tv but i think they were from the bbc or something.
>>
His scripted shit is bland and uninteresting.

I love it when he's taking the piss at unsuspecting people and just trolls them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TzHTKBiy68

>well it's like an interesting place, but..I don't love it
>I hate it
>it's shit
>eternal stare

Ali G, Borat, Bruno. Best characters.
>>
borat and his tv shows were fantastic. everything after not so much
>>
I like him the same way I like sarah silverman. not funny actively dislike their acting and personas, seem like nice people.
he was...okay...in the new alice, believe it or not.
>>
>>70295682
>I like sarah silverman
Kill yourself you numale faggot
>>
>>70293149
>last name is Levi
>not jewish

I have some bad news for you, friend.
>>
I still watch borat.
Bruno was too gay of a movie.
>>
borat is funny as fuck but that's really all he's got.
>>
>is this a cat in a hat?
>>
Borat is a legitimately great movie.

Ali G is a great character, but from what I remember the movie was just ok.

Bruno is almost up there with Borat honestly, worth it for the Harrison Ford interview alone.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.