[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://io9.gizmodo.com/more-details -have-been-revealed-abou
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 421x236) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 421x236
http://io9.gizmodo.com/more-details-have-been-revealed-about-those-rogue-one-r-1779744810

Fuck man, If this is true I'm livid. I can't even think straight. I fucking hate corporate fucks.
>>
>>70290060
What does this mean for rian and episode 8
>>
I wonder if this means the movie was shit or it wasn't following the super hero formula well enough for execs. I'm leaning towards the latter.
>>
>>70290060
Why get angry at execs? Movie looks bad and looks like it might flop so they fix it

Do you want them to go full transformers instead? Flooding the market with regurgitated trash to make money?

Well FAGGOT? What is it?
>>
>>70290075
I think Episode 8 will be darker than 7, but not to the apparent extent of this film. This film was supposed to be a dark and gritty war movie. Doesn't fly with the corporate suits.
>>
>>70290060
>“The goal of the reshoots will be to lighten the mood, bring some levity into the story and restore a sense of fun to the adventure.”

That's actually reasonable. Star War has always been about pulpy space adventures ala Flash Gordon.
>>
fuck fuck fuck FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK
>>
>>70290253
But those are for the main saga films. These are one-off spin off films. These standalone's need to feel different than the others. Give some fresh air to the franchise.
>>
>this is completely normal
retarded redditors, jesus christ
>>
>>70290060
Guess we're getting nothing but Quip Wars till the end of time. Thanks, Disney!

Back to the Future was a better trilogy anyway.
>>
>>70290060
not enough niggers and witty quips goyim, has to be fixed
>>
>>70290253
lul so it was true, they wanted more quips. fucking kek.
>>
>>70290060

Rogue one is shit its a throwaway side film. Only the main movies matter.
>>
Fuck everything.
I was actually kinda looking forward to this one at the beginning.
That leaked teaser from a while ago gave me chills down my spine.
But now it's just gonna be a fucking quipfest.
Gonna kill myself now tbqh
>>
Hey! Hey you....Just quip my shit up senpai
>>
File: evil-vicar-2.gif (417 KB, 300x190) Image search: [Google]
evil-vicar-2.gif
417 KB, 300x190
>>70290060
>The goal of the reshoots will be to lighten the mood, bring some levity into the story and restore a sense of fun to the adventure.”
Lighten the mood?
Bring some levity into the story?
Restore a sense of fun to the adventure?
Are you testing me Satan?
>>
>80's track starts playing
>Montage of our heroes shooting stormtroopers
>Felicity Jones mentions she forgot to turn her space stove off during battle

this movie is gonna be fucked. fucked you disney
>>
>>70290253
Reminder that Luke's adopted parents were burned alive.
>>
First Suicide Squad now this

Reshoots now mean "add more quips"
>>
File: 1463098706301.gif (2 MB, 245x246) Image search: [Google]
1463098706301.gif
2 MB, 245x246
>>70290610

>Much of the cast and director Gareth Edwards will regroup in mid-June for another round of shooting. The move is happening after execs screened the film and felt it was tonally off with what a “classic” Star Wars movie should feel like. The pic has not yet been tested before audiences, but one source describes the cut as having the feel of a war movie.

Isn't that... What they were going for?

Please Disney... No.
>>
>>70290614
>Felicity takes down a trooper
>her friends looking at her as she puts on the getup
>"Better not be looking at me love" back to him
>>
>>70290060
>I'm livid
>I can't think straight

Calm the fuck down you little 17 year old man child. You sound like a dramatic little teenage girl. It's fucking Star Wars.
>>
>>70290060

>Pitched as "Zero Dark Thirty" in space

>Random Exec: "Huh. This film turned out pretty moody. Where are the Ebin Quips?"

How do people run a business like this?
>>
>>70290060

You know that reshoots are normal and even what they film might not actually make it into the finished product, right? They'll assemble another rough cut, do more test screenings and see what works. It's just really amusing to me that a bit of gossipy intimation about routine business gets people so worked up. The normalcy of reshoots is why principal photography ends so long before the release date - so they can assemble rough cuts, see how people react to them, and make adjustments, then see how they react again.

Fuck me, the rough cut screening of the original Star Wars went so badly that GL, Marcia Lucas, Richard Chew, and Paul Hirsch had to competely disassemble John Jympson's cut of the film and start from scratch, with no possibility of changing the release date or doing large-scale reshoots (some pickups were done, but mostly small things) because the budget was so tight. The process was so nerve-wracking that Lucas was convinced the movie would be the end of his career.
>>
>>70290697

>Specifically making a spin off series so you can have films that DON'T feel like classic Star Wars and can be unique

>"Well...it's...uh...not as Star Wars-y as I thought..."

I honestly think I could do the job of a Disney executive. No experience. No training.
>>
NOT ENOUGH QUIPS!!!
>>
File: GeorgeLucas.JPG[1].jpg (59 KB, 709x913) Image search: [Google]
GeorgeLucas.JPG[1].jpg
59 KB, 709x913
Miss me yet?
>>
>Getting this upset about Starshit

Wow man, you gotta get your life in order.
>>
>>70290886
No!
>>
FUN
U
N
>>
>In addition, the report says “that while [director Gareth] Edwards’ first cut was a solid showing, it didn’t measure up to the bar set in terms of four-quadrant appeal.

They got 2 billion dollars worth of four quadrant appeal with the main franchise. Why not just settle for a billions dollars of 2 quadrant appeal for the spin offs?

Fucking Star Wars nerds will buy humanoid space traffic cop toys. I'm sure they'll buy whatever merch can be mined from this regardless.
>>
>>70290886
No, you're the worst thing that ever happened to the film industry you greedy fucking tumor necked piece of human garbage.
>>
>>70290614
what
>>
>>70290886

Disney could shit on a plate and it would still be preferable to Attack Of The Clones.

Sorry George.

Also go produce some fucking art films with all that moolah. It's been like 30 years since Mishima.
>>
File: fallingforit.jpg (37 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
fallingforit.jpg
37 KB, 600x400
>>70290944
>>70290979
>>
>>70290979

That's not Goddard.
>>
>>70290672
>First Suicide Squad now this

It's another "people who never knew reshoots are standard think the sky is falling" day
>>
How badly do you think they'll fuck up Rian's """""weird""""" episode VIII?
>>
>>70290886
Missed you from the beginning dude.
>>
Deadline also has a report with a similar theme. “According to sources, the first cut was lacking the edge that Force Awakens had, and the story needs to jell. The film’s December 16 release date will not be affected.”

>edge

EP 7 has got to be the least edgy movie of all time.
>>
>>70291213
Edge doesn't mean what you think it means.
>>
>>70291213
That's not what "lacking edge" means you illiterate buffoon
>>
>>70290886
Yes!
>>
>reshoots

don't they have a script before filming even starts?
Don't they get "dailies"
Don't they discuss with the director his "vision"

is everyone out to lunch?
>>
>>70290390
I suppose the originally cut film came off as more of a Sci-Fi sort of adventure with Star Wars clothing, but the execs wanna shove it down your throat that this film is indeed a Star Wars film.
Which kind of sucks, because I'd love to see a serious sort of war film set in the Star Wars universe, but they'd probably ruin it.
>>
http://deadline.com/2016/05/star-wars-rogue-one-re-shoots-no-test-screening-release-date-1201765101/

>however, to clarify, there were no test screenings and rather a re-shoot decision was made after Disney suits and producers watched the initial cut of the highly anticipated first spinoff.

I trust Deadline more than I trust the New York Post

>According to sources, the first cut was lacking the edge that Force Awakens had, and the story needs to jell. The film’s December 16 release date will not be affected, according to one insider — and with Comic-Con fast approaching, hopefully the studio might be able to tease fans with at least a little something.

>lacking the edge that Force Awakens
The only edge that TFA had was Kylo Ren. Maybe Rogue One isn't dark enough?
>>
File: 1464736255680.jpg (2 MB, 2052x3000) Image search: [Google]
1464736255680.jpg
2 MB, 2052x3000
>>70290060
She'll be fine
>>
>>70291565
Stop posting this please.
>>
Monsters was good, but I have no faith in this cunt. Idk who watched Monsters and thought "Damn, put this man on all our blockbusters!"
>>
>>70291255
>>70291262

I know they don't mean "edge" in a "kill my parents kind of way". But I stand by my comment. TFA did nothing new and played everything so safe that it was boring. Where was the edge that I was missing?
>>
>>70290060
>one of the most exciting things about Rogue One was the possibility of a film that didn’t feel like a cookie-cutter Star Wars movie. Audiences want a sense of adventure, sure, but something darker and different could also be welcome. However, as the Hollywood Reporter source points out “This takes place just before A New Hope and leads up to the 10 minutes before that classic films begins. You have to match the tone.”

Alright that's it. Fuck Disney. Fuck you for continuing to not want to experiment or do anything unique like Lucas did for his prequels. Just fuck off with this bullshit "having to match the tone" to A New Hope.
>>
>>70291497

Edge. Not "Le Edgy".

Edge as in advantage.

>Jell

...which suggests they intended for this film to lead directly into Episode IV and want a tone similar to that film.

Which seems stupid, since it's not going to LOOK like Episode IV anyway.

I wish they had stayed away from direct prequels.
>>
>>70290886
YESS your prequels were dark and original

>a psychopathic child serial killer
we will never see this again in a star wars film, and as you know: Disney have canned the prequels
>>
>It needs to be more campy & fun, Star Wars was always for kids!

So sick of this meme
ANH opens with ST's shooting up people & Vader chocking someone to death, then Luke's parents being burned alive, Obi-Wan cutting off a dudes arm, Han shooting Greedo dead, Death Star blowing up a planet

& that's just ANH
>>
>>70291577
Okay.
>>
>>70291565
Who?
>>
>>70291690
Oh Jesus, most kids' and family movies used to be full of death and violence

Your argument is invalid

SW was always kiddy shit
>>
File: 1464573457079.png (340 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1464573457079.png
340 KB, 900x900
Holy shit I haven't seen a fanbase more entitled than star wars fans
>>
>>70291733
Felicity Jones you dumbo
>>
>>70290529
Only version of the teaser I could find on YT that wasn't edited in some way
It hurts to think about how good it could've been.
https://youtu.be/0os4SBIZ-ks
>>
>>70291766
And you'll never find a more entitled fanbase
>>
>>70291612
Uhhh...does this imply that their intent with TFA was to match the tone of the OT as well?

Because if so, they failed.
>>
well i had interest in watching this after reading how good it ws supposed to be, but now that the studio suits have their tentacles all over it its going to suck, now i have no interest in seeing it, i rebel.
>>
>>70292073
Same unless they decide to release this darker cut which you know they won;t.

Fucking JJ didn't release the Extended 3 hour cut of Force Awakens cos he is a hack.
>>
File: kill me.jpg (21 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
kill me.jpg
21 KB, 412x351
>>70290060
>goal of the reshoots will be to lighten the mood, bring some levity into the story and restore a sense of fun to the adventure.”

I FUCKING IT KNEW IT. I KNEW THEY WERE JUST RESHOOTING TO MAKE IT CONNECT TO TFA SHIT UNIVERSE AND MAKE IT KID FRIENDLY.

RIP star WARSkino.

Just imagine if the director actually did a Saving Private Ryan/Band of Brothers star wars shot in a Kubrick style movie>>70291818. It would've been so fucking cool
>>
>>70292129
I distinctly remember reading a quote from JJ saying he shot it to be no longer than 2h20m
>>
Yawn. Either way I am sure I'll really enjoy it. These aren't Marvel shitflicks no matter how hard you memeing fucks meme.
>>
>>70291766

Wait...are they entitled because they're editing it to make it "more like Star Wars" or because they are complaining about it being edited.

...and Star Wars fans aren't that entitled. Just fucking autismal.

If you want entitled check out the Marvel fans. That's a scary rabbit hole.
>>
>>70292073

>I won't being reviewing the new Star Wars movie. i rebel.
>>
>>70292347
>Just imagine if the director actually did a Saving Private Ryan/Band of Brothers star wars shot in a Kubrick style movie

lol if you thought it would ever fucking be like that, lay off the drugs
>>
File: images.jpg (22 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
22 KB, 470x313
>>70292347

>Star Wars - Kino is dead
>Capekino is dead
>Vidyakino is dead

Fear not...AppKino will save us.
>>
>restore a sense of fun and adventure
>get rid of anything slightly dark or dangerous in the story
>>
Atop.pretending you were excuyrd about this film before

Literally every thread was
>muh Mary Sue I rebel
>muh diversity sucks
>muh copy of TFA

You like complainjng , ypite just changing the record.
>>
>>70292401
>ahh, thats exactly what they are..?
>>
>>70292574
I actually believe in Edwards familia. Even though he shat on Godzilla, the cinematography of that movie was on another level.
>>
>>70292073
>how good it was supposed to be

/TV/ never thought it was supposed to be good, its just another stronk woman/diversity vs white male film.
>>
>>70292599

movies that really make you think

>>
>>70290758
because normies love it duhh
>>
>>70290827

Stress does wonders for getting good shit out there
>>
What will you do when they reshoot you? What will you do if they add more quips? If you continue to film, what will you become?
>>
>>70290235
>Why get angry at execs?

Because they have fuck all idea what makes a quality film. The change everything according to what focus groups, committees and their nephews think.
>>
>>70293442

Those people are equally responsible for movies you like
>>
>>70290060
kiggitee-castrated, my kino nigs
>>
And people didn't believe blizz drones when they claimed critics and producers need quips
>>
>>70293546

Not really. The Muh 80's produced films prior to really concentrated focus group work.

Of course they also didn't have 500 million dollar investments to protect. If I'd spent 200 million on producing a movie and another 200 marketing it I'd sure as fuck want it to play for "all four quadrants".
>>
>>70292839
Hol up, we got emoji support back ?
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.