[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not a big film/TV guy myself, but there doesnt seem to be many
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: Europe.gif (25 KB, 377x290) Image search: [Google]
Europe.gif
25 KB, 377x290
Not a big film/TV guy myself, but there doesnt seem to be many films coming out of the US the last 10 years that have really interested me - maybe only a handful. Capeshit, racecars, explosives, and cancer (leftism) are the big things

I've been slowly getting into foreign films - specifically Euro films, and I've watched a few I really enjoyed
>Victoria
>The 400 Blows (Les quatre cent coups)
>The Hunt
>Headhunters (kinda lame desu)
>The Lives of Others
>Fantastic Planet
>Baader Meinhof Complex
to name a few...

I still have The Turin Horse downloaded but it's fairly low quality and im not in the mood for a b&w film so im saving it for a rainy day.

Can any1 recommend me some good foreign flicks that are at least as high quality or better than some of the films I listed? Open to any type of film, of any year, but would appreciate recent films even more :)

Cheers
>>
yo
>>
File: mustang.jpg (2 MB, 4724x2658) Image search: [Google]
mustang.jpg
2 MB, 4724x2658
>>
File: 1464740688200.gif (55 KB, 377x290) Image search: [Google]
1464740688200.gif
55 KB, 377x290
>>70287462
If it's east of the Bosphorus, it ain't Europe
>>
>>70288042
Europe is not a real continent
>>
>>70288042
didnt come here for a geography lesson, but since you brought it up, let me remind you that turkey is not, never was, and never will be european
>>
>>
>>70287462
> but there doesnt seem to be many films coming out of the US the last 10 years that have really interested me - maybe only a handful

so you're telling me that you did not like

Drive
Night moves
Martha Marcy May Marlene
Nightcrawler
Moonrise kingdom
Grand budapest hotel
Only lovers left alive
Black swan
The master
Tree of life
Her
Upstream color
Inside llewyn davis
Blue valentine
Before midnight
The wolf of wallstreet
A most violent year
The social network
Take shelter

you're telling me you didn't like any of those?
>>
File: 1463619829661.jpg (1 MB, 1554x1662) Image search: [Google]
1463619829661.jpg
1 MB, 1554x1662
>>
Revanche and Un Prophete are both good
>>
>>70289773
>Upstream color
That was fucking shit
>>
>>70289773
>Drive
pure shit
>Moonrise kingdom
i enjoyed this one
>Grand budapest hotel
havent seen it, thanks for reminding me to add it to my list; always keep forgetting this one
>Black swan
overrated imo
>The wolf of wallstreet
DUDE MONEY LMAO
>The social network
you cant be fucking serious. pure trash

the rest i havent seen, but considering the ones i have in your list, all were shit minus the wes anderson

so yeah.

theyre shit
>>
damn...no srs replies
>>
>>70287462
>and cancer (leftism)
>I've been slowly getting into foreign films - specifically Euro films
lol, you know Europe is ten times more leftist than the US?
>>
I'm a big film/TV guy. For you
>>
VICTORIA fucking sucks and if you like it it's only because you literally don't understand cinema
>>
I can recommend you some good films flicks sure.
>Lethal Weapon
>Die Hard
>Beverly Hills Cop
>Midnight Run
>Big Trouble in Little China
>>
>>70291681
cool bruv

one film i listed you didnt like thanks for the (You)

and i thought it was pretty good. everything from the concept to the improv'd script to the one-take to the club culture base notes (which i myself am interested and involved in). so yeah i thought it was a good film shame you didnt you probably enjoyed finding nemo lmao

>>70289914
somehow missed this post earlier. thanks ill take a look into these two
>>
>>70292019
Victoria is gimmicky garbage that didn't even have anything else going on that was laudable
Go masturbate to Russian Ark
>>
>>70289829
you beautiful cunt.
>>
>>70293357
again, you picked one film from my list that you didnt like and youre vehemently anti-that film.
for what fucking purpose, i dont know? if you wanted to review it, i suggest you set up a wordpress or pen a letter to your mother because im not sure how many care about your opinion, anon

anyway i appreciate the (you) and the bump

last bump from me b4 i g2bed
will check in the morning to see if more suggestions pop up cheers
>>
>>70293707
I'm not the same guy
This might be a surprise to a redditor like you but this is an anonymous forum
This doesn't change the fact that Victoria is trash aimed at impressing teenaged self-described film buffs
If going to sleep is the best excuse you can come up with to avoid defending your position, you shouldn't be posting here, especially after your friends told you this was the shitpost board
Fuck off
>>
>>70287462
>>Victoria
>>The 400 Blows (Les quatre cent coups)
>>The Hunt
>>Headhunters (kinda lame desu)
>>The Lives of Others
>>Fantastic Planet
>>Baader Meinhof Complex
Congratulations, you have shit taste
Tarr might a bit too much for you
>>
>>70293799
im not a teen nor am i a film buff
and i am not here to defend anything you fucking melon
you or some other faggot came into this thread basically saying: 'victoria was a bad film prove me wrong'

re-read the op: it does not say "hey guys what did you think of victoria. my name is op and i think it was 10/10 hbu"
>>
>>70293863
I thought you were going to sleep?
Or are you so offended by people telling you that you have the sensibilities of an underage child that you forgot your pretense, or worse, are actually staying up to give further proof of being someone so spineless that they can't even argue their position?
Will you be thinking of this thread and these posts as you lie in bed thinking of how you were called out on your adolescent taste?
>>
>>70293967
im drinking the rest of my tea before i hit the hay senpai but of course you would see "last post before i go to bed" written and misconstrue it to mean something different such as "as soon as i finish typing this post, i am shutting my computer off, putting my jammies on, and taking a benzo for smooth sailing in the night" as seen in your previous posts identifying yourself as the retard you are for your inability to read and comprehend posts such as the thread topic

i hope you enjoy your night and consider suicide
>>
>>70294113
So now you invent even further fantasies to mask the fact that you're supremely butthurt at the fact that at least two people called you out on your garbage, sophomoric taste? Whatever helps you sleep at night :^)
Victoria still remains a turd of a film, as do most of the films you enjoy.
>>
>>70294196
once again, for the nth time you absolute unretentive cement-block, this thread is in no way shape or form meant to be a critique of any of the films listed in the op

re-read the topic, but i know you wont, so thanks for sharing your opinions. there was nothing to call out from the beginning and if you think you've proved anything... the only thing you proved was your intelligence (rather lack there of)

my tastes are my tastes btw why are you so butthurt about my tastes lmao
>>
>>70294337
Why list the films if you're not inviting critique? Do you think people would just do what you asked them to and not attack your pathetic sense of what is considered good cinema? Why are you so triggered at people voicing their opinions on your film list? Why do you, despite claiming to be aloof and not intending to reply anymore several posts ago, do you continue to spout deflections and not defend your position?
>>
>>70294441
i listed them because theyre the most recent films ive watched, and i dont have a lot of time to watch film so i wanted people to avoid recommending them. if you want to learn something new, you usually have to tell someone what you already know so they know where to start or not start. i dont expect you to understand this as its been proved in countless posts that youre a grade a usda certified moron who thinks that just because theres a list - its open season to show how patrician you are and how plebian i am

and again for the 7th? 8th? time? im not here to defend anything and i have yet to deflect

lastly im not triggered by anything desu, im actually quite enjoying our exchanges and i know this thread isnt going anywhere so i may as well have a chat with you.

desu youre kind of cute but i couldnt be friends with you as youre not close to my level yet
>>
ok now that ive finished my tea, comps getting turned off
gnight buddy maybe ill see you again but thats unlikely as i dont come here often
cheers :)
>>
>>70294596
And I'm and other anons are here to tell you that the movies you listed are mostly What fascinates me is how angry you've become, literally losing sleep over the simple act of critique while not providing any arguments of your own and instead going on ad-hominem tangents instead of addressing the major issue at hand here, namely the fact you have terrible taste and get triggered so much over different opinion that you refuse your body's inclinations for rest in favor of arguing more vacuousness (quite literally visually evident in your posts, I might add too, as seen in the apparently now in vogue style of double spacing every other sentence in a strange attempt at again, literally visually providing faux substance to what ultimately are short amusing brain farts).

>>70294730
Sure thing. I can't wait for your next attention whoring reply, plebshit tourist. As if this board needed more clueless teenagers. I know you'll be desperate for the (You) as you said, so here's what you want. I hope you dream of how utterly ravaged you were in this thread, and I wish that this haunts you for more than one night.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.