[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name one show, one, that even comes close to the quality of cinematography
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: true_detective.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
true_detective.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Name one show, one, that even comes close to the quality of cinematography and atmosphere that True Detective season 1 has.
>>
>show
>cinematography
>atmosphere
>true detective
>quality
>season
>1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9

pleb
l
e
b
>>
File: females.png (477 KB, 560x500) Image search: [Google]
females.png
477 KB, 560x500
>he unironically watches television
>>
>>70270633
What?
>>
>>70270633
>>70270678
>being a contrarian makes me look so smart!
>>
>>70270430
The problem with TD season 2 was no Marty.

Hear me out on this.

On of the negative aspects of TD is all the philosophical ramblings. Sure, they make the pseudointellectual audience members feel good, because they need things spelled out for them, but monologuing like that is out of place in a visual medium.

But, all of Rust's "deep" bullshit was perfectly counter-acted by Marty, who was always there to scoff at his stupidity.

Season 2 didn't have that. Add this to a lack of focus, too many characters, and a convoluted plot, and you've got a bad sequel to a great season.
>>
File: 4393110.jpg (112 KB, 1280x640) Image search: [Google]
4393110.jpg
112 KB, 1280x640
>>70271041
Interesting point.
what do you think of the OP question?
>>
>>70270430
Rectify
Southcliffe
That's 2
Now fuck off pleb
>>
>>70271360
BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>70271041
I'm sorry to say but that is the least of season two's problems.
>>
>>70271286
What question? TD had great all of those, but there are plenty like it, even better. It all depends on personal opinion.

Seems like OP just wanted an excuse to shit on other people's tastes
>>
>>70271360
mmh, i might give Rectify a try, thx
>>
>>70271485
Actually I wanted to get recommendations for good TV shows to watch
>>
>>70270430
Fargo Season 2.
That was easy.
>>
>>70271041
I agree with this and >>70271479 this too, but I'd also say that is not all "deep" bullshit and stupidity. I mean, it's quite bullshitty and stupid but it's understandable as the character had a pretty much fucked up life, so it's never out of context or poorly placed. it fucking works, and perfectly.
>>
Cinematography: Carnivale, Breaking Bad
Atmosphere: Carnivale, Battlestar Galactica
>>
File: heehee.jpg (28 KB, 236x235) Image search: [Google]
heehee.jpg
28 KB, 236x235
>>70270982
>implying television isn't inherently shit
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.