[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went so fucking terrible?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: thor_2.jpg (296 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
thor_2.jpg
296 KB, 1680x1050
what went so fucking terrible?
>>
>>70269962
not hershlag that's for sure
>>
>>70269962
Remember that time Loki fucked an 8 legged horse?
>>
Hemsworth
>>
>>70270141

Good times. Also didn't he get fucked by the horse? He turned into a female horse or something.
>>
>>70270141
>that scene where Loki ties one end of a rope to his testicles and the other end to a goat and has the goat tug on his balls until he fell down
How did Raimi get away with that???
>>
File: 1458746531431.jpg (39 KB, 568x320) Image search: [Google]
1458746531431.jpg
39 KB, 568x320
it tried to be a romantic comedy / action movie
>>
>>70269962
Not trying to get too /co/ here, but having read comics I must say that Thor movies are just like the Thor comics. They suck and should just be skipped.

Thor is only good when he's with the Avengers or another Marvel story ark. Asgard is boring, the stories are boring and nothing really fits into the rest of the MCU or the regular Marvel universe.
>>
>>70269962
I went to it with my then bf, it was the first capeshit movie I've watched in the theatre. I liked it, even though I didn't watch first Thor.
>>
>>70271046
I think you just have shit taste. If thor's stories don't fit, ghost Rider, blade, strange and countless other stories don't fit in the marvel universe. Stop trying to sound smart.
>>
>>70269962
Director wanted to do some deep dark sci fi story but the studio told him to just do an average adventure movie

But to answer the main question: everything just felt so dull and was directed so Uninterestingly. Not even the villain actor liked it
>>
>>70269962
>review score is more than double BvS
>reviews aren't paid for guys!
>>
>>70269962
>give your property to the director of Terminator Genysis
>wonder why it's shit
>>
>>70271187
He did this before genesys

More like
>give your property to the director of Thor 2
>wonder why it's shit
>>
>>70269962

The actor has no presence and Thor is rather boring. The human characters are where it's at.

>Whedon thought this guy should be Captain America

Thank god he had no power then.
>>
>>70271046
>I havent read good Thor comics and therefore they dont exist.
Kek.
>>
It was ok until the 3rd act
The Greenwhich """"battle"""" managed to make a fight through different dimensions seem boring
>>
>>70271063

So you're SINGLE???
>>
>>70269962
>Build pretty cool looking and interesting world of Asgaard
>have both movies take place in some generic earth city for most of the runtime and the climax
Also Loki is the only interesting character in these
>>
>>70271063
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>70269962
It's very emblematic of the problems Phase 2 had. Marvel had no fucking idea what they were doing and had zero direction whatsoever. They lost their first director right before filming due to creative differences (more executive meddling) and had to replace her with Alan Taylor, who they ultimately locked out of the editing room so they could fuck with the movie even more. By all reports the villain actually had a lot of screen time and was very fleshed out, but ended up having nearly all of his scenes cut.
>>
Does anyone even care about marvel movies that dont star Chris Evans or RDJ?

Why does the most boring avenger get three movies but ntoa single HULK sequel in nearly a decade?
>>
>>70271524
>Why does the most boring avenger get three movies but ntoa single HULK sequel in nearly a decade?
Universal gets half the money a hulk movie makes
>>
File: barbarian-spotlight-7.jpg (51 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
barbarian-spotlight-7.jpg
51 KB, 1280x720
>>70269962
I don't understand why Thor's costume looks so campy... I mean of all the characters in the MCU that needs to look more gritty and badass its Thor.

He's dressed like a cosplay fag... he needs to look more barbaric.
>>
>>70271046
You should read Simonson or Kirby Thor instead of the recent garbage mate
>>
>>70270993
Remember when every movie always tried to Iimplement a love triangle? Wait that still happens...
>>
>>70271657
>love triangle
>implies all sides are connected
>its just a guy or girl choosing between two guys or two girls

Its just a love V, not a complete triangle since the other two never try to get with each other either
>>
>>70271365
>>70271428
You know, anon could also be a gay dude...just saying.
Quit being so "heteronormative" guys geez.
>>
>>70271428
Not even close.
>>
>>70271771
90% of people or more are straight. It's fucking stupid to not assume most people are straight.
>>
>>70271857
*96%
>>
>>70271857
>>70271880
>>
>>70271928
98.1%
>>
>>70271953
0%, shitlord. Everyone alive is pansexual and deeply in denial (this is actually a fucking belief).
>>
>>70269962
Thor should be wrecking the place, not fucking about in buddy shenanigans with loki, he's the god of thunder ffs, you dont see any of that in the movies.
>>
>>70271725
what? So you mean two guys or two girls like a girl/guy but she/he only like one of them and isn't interested in (or in few cases) even down right hates the other?
Honestly, I still think that's a stupid love triangle if 2 people like the same person and the guy /girl doesn't tell the other to fuck off/is trying to get away from them(ex. Popeye's love interest ). And it's still fucking annoying if it's a central to moving the plot.
>>
>>70272038
Stop bringing this stupid tumblr shit here.
>>
>>70271857
lol I know just messing with you. =^) In all honesty, my main point is this is 4chan. You're more likely to find gay males lurking here (as seen in /fit/,/hm/, and /lgbt/ than Girls in general.
>>
That villain design is pretty on point senpai
>>
>>70269962
Malachi is a nobody. Literally forgettable. He doesnt even have a power.
>>
Isn't Beta Ray Bill the only good part about Thor?
>>
Where was Odin when Loki pretended to be him?
>>
>>70272195
I'm used to being around people who talk like this, so I kinda forget that stuff is normally shitposting here.
>>
>>70269962
Not enough hershlag
>>
>>70269962
First off, it is not a Thor movie. It SAYS the threat is big, but Thor (especially Simonson's run) is ultimately about scale, and about the relationships of Thor's comrades as opposed to fucking Jane Foster and love triangles. Thor is a god, and as such his perils are enormous and mythical. The movie does not even touch that idea. The movie is way more focused on being quirky and funny, killing the whole tone.

Then, the movie shoved in Kat Dennings, starting a tradition of extreme focus on characters that don't even exist in the comics, and steal away precious screentime from the main event. She has no purpose, Jane's date has no purpose, and the scientist has half a purpose.

Most of the characters are in name only. Odin took a huge 180, and went from a war-tired King to a loud dickhat. Malekith, representative in the comics of the unforeseen and uncontrollable factor of chaos and disorder, is turned into the most bland villain I've ever seen. Even worse, they cast an actor who was a perfect choice and has shown to nail the more manic and charismatic roles, and kept him sullen and broody. In general, the Dark Elves felt like Storm Troopers and not an ancient race of dischord and mayhem. Asgardians in general have no mysticism to them now, just boring people killed fast when the plot needs it. Kurse should have been a memorable and interesting nemesis for Thor, but literally does nothing other than one really fast fight scene that has no punch to it.

Thor isn't even Thor now. He's there to make a funny joke then stand around as the plot shifts forward. You have no sense of his power, his importance to the universe. He almost feels like a Power Ranger as opposed to a king-to-be.

It's a gigantic middle finger to Thor fans, and almost a testament to the idea that audiences will lap up anything if it's trending enough.
>>
>>70271046
>I never read Simonson's run and don't know it exists or the praise it gets

Let me guess, you're a "comic" reader who buys the current garbage and won't read anything before Civil War.
>>
>>70269962
Absolutely everything, I don't know how you can make a dimension hopping final battle boring but the director managed it
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.