[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is the ideal target audience for the new female Ghostbusters?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
File: 43537645756.jpg (285 KB, 926x738) Image search: [Google]
43537645756.jpg
285 KB, 926x738
Who is the ideal target audience for the new female Ghostbusters?
>>
No one. That's why it will fail.
>>
File: hm.jpg (346 KB, 1000x1409) Image search: [Google]
hm.jpg
346 KB, 1000x1409
This.
>>
>>70264460
the jokes should appeal to the stupider women, guess that makes them the target audience
>>
>>70264460
I don't think they expect women to see it ironically.
>>
What I don't understand is why are they making toys for the movie? They don't seem to be targeting children at all
>>
There isn't one. How do you think it got the most dislikes in YouTube history?
>>
>>70264622
what kind of young boy is going to play with female action figures?

See OP
>>
>>70264709
nu-boys.
>>
It's pretty clever. It's a slapped together, cynical remake designed to exploit the memory of a beloved franchise, but at some point they realized it was all going to shit and decided to infuse it with some sort of political argument about female casting.

It's intended audience is primarily mouthbreathers who will go to see it just because they recognize the name of title, but they pivoted to also include people who will go to see it just because of their desire to stick it to a political enemy, imagined or otherwise.
>>
File: 20131016_132506_1_1.jpg (161 KB, 480x508) Image search: [Google]
20131016_132506_1_1.jpg
161 KB, 480x508
>>70264460
I was at the movies yesterday and people laughed at the trailer for it, specifically the "race thing or lady thing" joke. I think we've lost.
>>
Be careful now. You are not allowed to state your own opinion unless it is the same as those that can destroy your life.
>>
>>70264709
HOW DARE YOU BRAND MY CHILD WITH A GENDER!!!!
>>
File: 1441406934378.jpg (119 KB, 1160x979) Image search: [Google]
1441406934378.jpg
119 KB, 1160x979
>>70264460
>>
>>70264881
We are already dead and all we can do is learn how to die.
>>
It will not be long until the 4Chan Mods come and silence us.
>>
File: extreme ghostbusters.jpg (243 KB, 993x805) Image search: [Google]
extreme ghostbusters.jpg
243 KB, 993x805
The jolly fat women who read buzzfeed, nostalgiafags, numales, and kids who don't know any better.

It's so stupid because it is very possible to make a brand new Ghostbusters team without alienating the original fans, it has been done before like in picture related.
>>
>>70264709
I had a Harley Quinn figure with my Joker and Batmen ones........ Harley is fucking hot. These cunts are ugly.
>>
>>70264460
Well, the first one was a movie for kids, so I imagine the demo for this one is kids as well. Pretty sad seeing a bunch of adults sperg out over a kids movie. Same shit happened with Star Wars prequels.
>>
>>70264460
>C-c-cunny
>>
>>70265367
>Same shit happened with Star Wars prequels.
Nope. You're just a neckbeard.
>>
File: zuul.jpg (130 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
zuul.jpg
130 KB, 1920x1080
>>70265367
>Well, the first one was a movie for kids

Apparently drinking, smoking, sexual themes, and horror is for kids.
>>
>>70265509
It was the 80's, mate. I know you millennials grep up sheltered as fuck, but decades ago kids movies weren't entirely braindead, pandering garbage.
>>
File: ReclaimedMacaroni-1-640x426.jpg (59 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
ReclaimedMacaroni-1-640x426.jpg
59 KB, 640x426
>>70264460

the friends and family of the people who made it
>>
>>70265509
Remember the good old times when your dad used to drive with a beer on his lap?

Bet you don't
>>
>>70264460

Presumably Paul Feig's audience from his previous ventures. Of course, his movies are costing more and more and grossing less and less since Bridesmaids, and I imagine Ghostbusters will be the most expensive of them, so...
>>
>>70265551
This. Lawrence of Arabia, Time Bandits, anything by Monty Python, The Great Escape, Jurassic Park, North by Northwest were all considered as children's movies at the time.

Nothing like the Katy Perry kid's movies with minions and shit we got nowadays.
>>
>>70264881
At least that joke was self-aware. I mean, she's basically picked for that role because of her gender and race, if the movie can laugh at itself than it'd be better than just straight up bs
>>
>>70265707
Yeah, I remember when my kindergarten field trip was to see the Godfather II and the Exorcist. Kids are fucking soft now
>>
>>70264881
Don't worry, poor autist. Maybe this Christmas Santa will get you a sense of humor.
>>
>>70264881
This.>>70265895
Check your privelege, you mysoginistic shitlord.
>>
>>70265509
>Apparently drinking, smoking, sexual themes, and horror is for kids
They where when i grew up, we watched nightmare on Elm street and critters at birthday parties, and sexual themes where very common indeed i my favorite movies as a kid, just see Who killed Roger rabbit, its just your generation thats a bunch of weak cucks that can only watch cute cartoon/CGI animals sing songs
>>
File: pinocchio-smoking[1].gif (469 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
pinocchio-smoking[1].gif
469 KB, 500x376
This thread is now about what fucking pussies today's kids are.
>>
The truth is I want a gf more than fucking anything, /tv/.

If I go to this movie and pretend to love it, do you think I have a chance at getting a girlfriend? I know a lot of women online are gathering in "packs", per se, to go see this and fight misogyny, so if I can just try to slip into that pack mentality then maybe...?
>>
>>70265509
>I'm 20 but want people to think I'm 35 starter pack
>>
>>70265590
>the family of the people who made it

pictured here:
>>70264460
>>
>>70266180
There are a lot of things i think are wrongly censored in children's media, smoking is not one of them .
>>
>>70264460
People who enjoy a rollicking romp
>>
If Ghostbusters is children's movie, then so is Alien, Evil Dead, Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Halloween, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Dawn of the Dead, and any other movie that mixes genres and/or doesn't take itself too seriously.

Movies are not strictly divided to children and adult movies, there's also family movies that can't be rated properly. I highly doubt any child would want to sit through a movie that is about taxes and talk about relationships.
>>
>>70264881
It's really a pity a guy didn't walk into the theatre dressed up like the Joker and open fire. That audience sounds like they needed it.
>>
>>70264791
What the hell is a nu-male/boy exactly?
I'm not certain I get it well enough. Are males like Onision an example? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guKH8ap6VkY
>>
>>70266571
>What the hell is a nu-male exactly?

I've thought of the term as describing a neutered male, a man who has forfeited his masculinity to fit in with the women in his liberal arts class at college.
>>
>>70266571
A numale is an Anthony Burch type character. Basically a male person who desperately wants to project to the world that he is a feminist to garner some form of social credit, usually because he thinks it will make him attractive to women.

Usually you see them on twitter protecting women everywhere and letting their wives sleep with other men while repeating over and over that it's a healthy open relationship and sexists are just jealous.
>>
>>70266180
They are, when i was a kid we did not have cell phones i was away with my friends in the mountians gone for 3 days at the age of 12-13 without my parents being abel to contact me on some device, todays parents would go crazy at such an idea, pussyfiction of society has gone fast
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.