[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>zoom in on random objects for no reason >hailed as a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
File: tarkovsky.jpg (264 KB, 736x875) Image search: [Google]
tarkovsky.jpg
264 KB, 736x875
>zoom in on random objects for no reason

>hailed as a genius

Can we forget this hack already?
>>
>>70251830

DUDE EXISTENTIALISM LMAO

DUDE CINEMA SHOULD BE FELT LMAO

DUDE BLACK AND WHITE LMAO

DUDE MOTHER RUSSIA LMAO
>>
While most of his movies are fucking boring, I like some passages so much I'd like them to hang on my wall. Such as the last scene in Nostalghia, The kid getting hit in the back with an arrow in Andrei Rublev, and the intro to Solaris.
>>
File: 1456024395024.jpg (377 KB, 638x1252) Image search: [Google]
1456024395024.jpg
377 KB, 638x1252
Because he was a true /tv/ poster before his time
>>
>>70252079
The last section of the Room scene in Stalker when it starts raining through the ceiling is probably my favorite shot in all the movies I've ever watched
>>
File: mirror.jpg (66 KB, 1083x804) Image search: [Google]
mirror.jpg
66 KB, 1083x804
Why are you hateful virgins so autistic?

He's not a genius, he's a visionary. His expressions are genius. Despite being trapped in the mundane, he finds haunting beauty in simple things, which he represents on screen. His art transcends cinema.

If you can't appreciate the surreal beauty and etherealism he captures by shooting ordinary objects and manipulating sound, then simply watch something else.

If you don't "get" something or can't understand or appreciate it, don't get angry, just walk away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qGI9E70Pe4
>>
>>70252762
quintessentially this
>>
>>70252699
Damn light em up
>>
>>70252762
This.

We live in a dubstep CGI Michael Bay explosions world where people don't stop to "feel" or "experience" things anymore. Tarkovsky cannot easily be understood or appreciated by this millenial generation.
>>
>tfw I watched Stalker and thought it was beautiful but didn't "get" it past what seemed like a very superficial level
Am I destined to die a pleb?
>>
>>70252699
>Did he actually die not knowing he was a hack?
>He is a pleb and hates everything original or independent

The hero we need
>>
Stalker is amazing
>>
>>70253029
I like Stalker because it can be enjoyed on so many different levels. You can look at it as a series of beatiful shots or delve into the philosophy.
Try returning to it once you've watched his other films (if you haven't yet) and understand his style more
>>
File: 1453992637935.jpg (191 KB, 756x1100) Image search: [Google]
1453992637935.jpg
191 KB, 756x1100
>Tarkosvky
>zoom
>>
DUDE WHERE ARE MY EXPLOSIONS AND QUIPS LMAO.

Tarkovsky is too much for millenials, anon. The era of romanticism has died.
>>
He's the best shut up.

Patience is art's best friend. Don't watch his films expecting a fast paced adventure, just take it as it comes and let it absorb you, and maybe then you'll begin to understand.
>>
File: 1464309693959.jpg (39 KB, 323x267) Image search: [Google]
1464309693959.jpg
39 KB, 323x267
>>70252699

Tarkovsky was GOAT.

So much dilettante hipster trash in this thread, sending off Tarkovsky without actually knowing anything of what they are talking about, just so they can feel pseudo-patrician.
>>
All right you faggots what makes Tartovsky good? Explain in your own words and don't copy+paste someone elses opinion.

Pro tip: You can't.
>>
>>70253797
I like him because he's able to get an emotional response out me without having to resort to literal exposition. I'm too retarded to be able to explain further.
>>
>>70253797
I don't fully understand his filmmaking philosophy but his films really do make me "feel" something that other art rarely does; there's a feeling you get from emotional scenes, or a well-written song, or a good piece of visual art, but his films just make me feel a way very few other ones do. They're very genuine, a lot of other films just seems kind of phony, like they're trying to "be" something, where Tarkovsky's don't have to try, they just are, they have a certain sense of beauty that comes naturally to them.
>>
>>70253797

Great dialogue, his characters always have some depth to them. His movies have several interesting philosophical themes especially when you think about the relation between characters. Supreme master of blocking actors in a scene. Every single movie is a masterclass of actor blocking to say the least. Knows how to derive value from simple settings and shots. Some shots are deceptively technical and immensely difficult to do on a practical basis. Doesn't give a fuck about the audience, completely uncompromising as an artist.

He's very Russian. They were the first country to understand the grammar of cinema. The relation of more than one shot cast against each other and the meaning that can implied to an audience.
>>
>>70253851
>>70253942
>>70254357
>responding to the "Tarkovsky is bad" shitposter
For what purpose?
>>
>>70254405
To try and stimulate discussion nigger. :)
>>
File: 1434483709518.gif (3 MB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
1434483709518.gif
3 MB, 300x360
>>70253851
>I'm too retarded to be able to explain further.
>>70253942
>I don't fully understand his filmmaking philosophy

lol typical /tv/ plens
>>
>>70251830
Items placed artistically on a table that looks like it was done on purpose the director.
>>
>>70253797
P U R E K I N O

U

R

E

K

I

N

O
>>
Solaris was given a big cash payout by the Catholic Church because it contained the essence of spirituality in it. I think Tarkovsky is very interesting just because of how spiritual and religious his movies are even when that isn't the subject of the film.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak6rI-j07QU
>>
Tarkovskiy is very overrated
>>
File: Stalker.jpg (28 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Stalker.jpg
28 KB, 460x276
>>70251830
I bet Snyder is big fan of him.
>>
>>70255050

Tarkovsky is so much better than German it isn't even funny.
>>
>>70255590
lol no
>>
his movies are 100% comfy material
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.