[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Literally the best show to ever come out on TV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: Mg7TpOaw[1].jpg (24 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Mg7TpOaw[1].jpg
24 KB, 512x512
Don't pull out shit like the Wire, Breaking Bad, the Sopranos, or Mad Men you edgy faggots. These shows are filled with just as many tropes/cliches/shit writing as GOT but 10x less entertaining. You see every penny of the production on GOT while you don't it with these other shows that also had big production budgets (looking at you Walking Dead, you sack of shit).
>>
*farts*
>>
huh.. really makes you think
>>
File: 1464409035258.png (362 KB, 640x629) Image search: [Google]
1464409035258.png
362 KB, 640x629
>>
>>70242743
Why do we still care about this? Can the Fire people and dragons just kill the ice zombies already...?
>>
File: Untitled.png (599 KB, 640x629) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
599 KB, 640x629
>>70242770
>>
File: 1462292146055.jpg (1 MB, 4112x1036) Image search: [Google]
1462292146055.jpg
1 MB, 4112x1036
>You see every penny of the production on GOT

U GREEDY BITCH XD
>>
It was the best all the way through season 3.

Then it was OK in season 4

Bad in season 5

Season 6 has been shit and they're cutting corners everywhere because they know people will still watch it. Armor loos worse, costumes look worse, cgi is worse, acting/writing is worse, everything is shit now
>>
File: 1448827816714.png (429 KB, 533x389) Image search: [Google]
1448827816714.png
429 KB, 533x389
>>
GoT is a serial. GRRM is in it for the money - he admits it himself, as he's a TV writer at heart. This is why it's objectively shit.

At least shows like Breaking Bad are character-driven and don't rely on spectacle and plotting that only give temporary thrills.
>>
>>70242743
Best show is fargo, Game of thrones was great. Now it's just ok and might get terrible if D&D continue to fuck up the story to make it more likeable to dumbfags.

I mean the whole point of the books was to dismiss the old tropes of the fantasy genre but lately they have been playing right into them.

If it ends with Kelly fatsy joining forces with Jon snow to kill the white walkers then the whole show has gone to shit.
>>
>>70242997
People speculate they gonna make blondbitch into the villain. It might be okay to watch for keks if they give that a go, but yeah, the show has been cutting down on its options for a while now
>>
>>70243110
>There is nothing more pathetic than people who believe D&D are capable of writing anything that isn't formulaic, predictable shit
anon can dream
>>
>>70242934
I thought the dragon cgi in season 5 episode 9 when she rode off looked weird - the green screen effect was very low budget like
>>
>>70242928
>D&D
What does this mean? Not to be a troll
>>
>>70242961
Brraking Bad had too many episode fillers with boring subplots such as listening to Sky bitch for over 30 mins sometimes
>>
>>70243873
they're the script writers for the show. they convert the story from the book to the tv show essentially.
>>
>>70242770
Someone post the screencap where a Redditor says /got/ and /v/ are the closest to Reddit content.
>>
>>70242743
it's gotta be exhausting going through life not realizing when you're infatuated with something
>>
>>70242961
>At least shows like Breaking Bad are character-driven and don't rely on spectacle and plotting that only give temporary thrills.

Breaking Bad was one of the best TV-shows ever, but sometimes I skipped parts of episode because the shit was so boring, and even skipped some episodes fully. Never happend with GoT however, although I am first to admit that this season is the most underwhelming piece of shit ever, with bad cast choices, idiotic dialogue and costcutting on everything.
>>
>newfags to young to know of LOST
>>
A:TLA is the best show nigger
>>
File: 1363729139417.jpg (84 KB, 650x638) Image search: [Google]
1363729139417.jpg
84 KB, 650x638
>>70245045
>skipping episodes in a show that you are invested in
>>
>>70242743
Season 1 of True Detective, both seasons of Fargo, The Sopranos, Deadwood, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Mad Men >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Game of Plebs
>>
>>70245066

Lost was never good to begin with. Cliche, boring, and repetitive as fuck.

>muh flashbacks
>muh closet skeletons
>muh religious ties and purgatory connotations
>muh spooky "magic' island

It was a complete snorefest with absolutely horrific acting. Not to mention, wasn't it like 24 eps a season? Something ridiculous of the sort.

No, how bout the entire cast just fuck off and die.
>>
>>70245186

Snorefests
>>
>>70242743
>>70245304
What's so entertaining about Game of Thrones? Only a small handful of the actors have any talent, all of the good characters are now dead and production values have gotten worse over time. Well written characters are more entertaining than shitty CGI dragons and fantasy cliches.
>>
>>70245045
>skipping an episode of a show with narrative arc, on purpose.

autism
>>
>>70245304
Game of Thrones is more boring than all of those shows.

>B-BUT MUH VIOLENCE! MUH TITS! MUH DRAGONS!
That shit isn't anywhere near as entertaining as the mystery of True Detective or the character drama of The Sopranos.
>>
>>70245352

I've seen all those shows with the exception of Deadwood. Fargo is the best show you mentioned, and yeah, it's top. But if I only had time to watch one - scratch that, if only one show could exist between GOT and Fargo - I'd pick GOT without hesitation.

GOT is that much better in my eyes but I'm biased because I love high fantasy and the political intrigue that comes with GOT. It's just a way cooler universe while Fargo is our own. And i'd rather escape the shitty reality we live in through GOT than suffer through watching more 20th century period shit.
>>
>>70245304
I know you're 14 and it's summer, but just make sure you never venture out of got generals and capeshit threads. Please.
>>
>>70245554
What a retarded opinion. There hasn't even been any political intrigue in GoT since season 4.
>>
>>70245554
There's no more political intrigue in recent iterations of got though, just gore, boobs and magical elf fairy creatures now.
>>
>>70245502

>true detective
>mystery
>killer ends up being some hillbilly fuck; literally the most stereotypical caricature of a serial killer ever, couldn't look more like a pedophile, surprise
>muh carcosa
>muh edgeeee
>this is me trying to be spiritual and shit

True detective was never about the case itself but the two main characters and the overall ambiance of the show

Also, sopranos is literally just another piece of film glorifying goombas and mob culture. yeah, cuz we really need another one of those /s

>hey paulie! why dont u swing the crane for spidahman! im just busting ya balls!
>>
File: you're a faggot.jpg (57 KB, 960x886) Image search: [Google]
you're a faggot.jpg
57 KB, 960x886
>>70245623
>>
>>70242743
Vikings for one is far better.
>>
True Detective season 1 is literally the best TV show ever created
>>
>>70245946
>sopranos is literally just another piece of film glorifying goombas and mob culture
Easy way of saying you didn't watch the show
>>
>>70246098
moot was retarded
"summer" is real, regular anons go on a vacation and don't get in, in their place, the highschool fags and underages flood in
>>
game of fedoras lords of autism. fuck this gay ass show, it never looked interesting. I hated Lord of the rings and this looks worse.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.