[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Midsummer night's dream
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
Anyone else watching this? What the fuck is this shit?

There's doing a re-imagining of Shakespeares and then there's whatever the fuck is going on here.
>>
I'm enjoying it desu
>>
Whats the full name? or a trailer?

>Im interested
>>
>>70233804

It's one of the simplest of his plays and they've made it pointlessly convoluted. WTF is the point of the Athens shit?
>>
Don't know this one, but to be fair, every time I've seen ANY incarnation of A Midsummer Night's Dream (Except maybe Where the World Mine) has been a costume designer's wet dream.
Always crazy looking.
>>
>>70233895

Midsummer Nights Dream. BBC are doing a series of adaptations that mess around with the plays.
>>
>>70234096

Is it out yet cos i couldnt find anything on youtube

>I did only check the first page
>>
>>70234055
I was just thinking that the fairy was my favourite character because her costume was so cool.
>>
>30% of the characters are black
>all references to suicide have been written out

Yep, it's a BBC adaptation.
>>
Has there ever been a good adaptation? It's one of my favourite Shakespeare stories.
>>
>>70234231
I really liked >>70234055, but I wouldn't subject anyone to it.
>>
>>70234166
>all references to suicide have been written out
>Director got prissy when asked what the hell would he done if he adapted romeo and juliet
He should stick to the gay dramas
>>
File: 1464033484758.gif (2 MB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
1464033484758.gif
2 MB, 500x382
>Bondage wedding dress
Also didnt know Shakespeare invented the nazis, who knew!
>>
How can this be so shit when the hollow crown was legit an awesome series?
>>
WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?
>>
>>70235327
Because its done by the Dr Who production team
>>
>>70235327
>awesome series
>token nignogs everywhere playing historically white people

BBC a shit.
>>
I hate that most of this cast was picked because they were black. Oh my god they are dancing now but I don't care anymore.
>>
Make it stop...
>>
>All these progressive partnerships
>Gay
>Lesbian
>Gay/lesbian, all interracial

THANK FUCK THAT'S OVER
>>
Were there any relationships which weren't interracial or gay?
>>
>>70236039
Theseus (Nazi Leader Guy) Assistant and the woman who was incharge of the play
thats it It was also a large age difference so still progressive
>>
Russel T Davies is a cancerous faggot.
>>
Why does the media elite of the West hate white people?
>>
>>70236217
Until he randomly dies and she becomes gay

Enjoy
>>
File: Jesus.webm (3 MB, 640x352) Image search: [Google]
Jesus.webm
3 MB, 640x352
>>70235327
It was written by Russell T. Davies.
He writers nothing but shit.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.