[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just saw this last night. What were/are your thoughts about the movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 10-cloverfield-lane-featured.jpg (55 KB, 770x442) Image search: [Google]
10-cloverfield-lane-featured.jpg
55 KB, 770x442
Just saw this last night. What were/are your thoughts about the movie?
>>
I have not seen it yet, but I've heard that John Goodman is really good and really creepy.
>>
Winstead is hot as fuck. Anything else, who cares.
>>
>>70229218
dogshit
>>
>>70229247

Yeah, he plays the character really well. Great use of mannerisms and changes in his speech to convey the character.

>>70229270
That too.
>>
It had potential but fell flat imo.
The premise was decent, the setting was a good choice. But I feel like the director didn't know how to fully make use of the setting.

Some movies like REC make very good use of the setting by really mapping out a place for you in your head, revisiting different areas to get you acclimated and really comfy. I feel like those montage scenes ruined this movie.
>>
>what kinda ending you want senpai?
>you know when you fight the final boss in a mediocre video game?
>say no more
>>
>>70229218
Looked like a low effort low budget mishmash from other movies.
Watchable 6/10
>>
It was great, ending was retarded but the dumb parts can be safely disregarded.
>>
MEW made me not care about the goofy shit going on.
>>
>>70229490

pretty much this.
why didn't they just let her escape and let her hear the radio signal and then just fade to black without showing her decision.
>>
>>70229218
I'm 23 and only knew Cloverfield by name, not what really happens there, and wasn't sure if there was a connection to the real Cloverfield movie/franchise(?) or it was just some sort of reference in the title, so I genuinely thought Goodman was a lying creeper. Until the truth was revealed of course.
Ending was whack and made MC seem like a Mary Sue tho.
>>
>>70229643
Showing her decision was a good choice. She starts the movie running from her problems, she ends it by confronting them. It gives her character an arc. The real issue with the ending was the extended action sequence where she kills the alien, which was tonally inconsistent with the rest of the movie.
>>
>>70229218
More like 0/10 Cloverfield Lane
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.