[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This movie was so O.K. Why does everyone say that it's the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1452698469896.jpg (18 KB, 212x300) Image search: [Google]
1452698469896.jpg
18 KB, 212x300
This movie was so O.K.
Why does everyone say that it's the greatest movie ever made?
>>
Nobody does

I enjoyed it greatly though
>>
It's old
It's Japanese
It's a historical drama
It's re-released by Criterion
>>
Who the fuck says that?
>>
>>70223863
19th place on IMDb
3rd place on Letterboxd
100% on Rotten Tomatoes
>>
File: Nineteen Ninety.jpg (213 KB, 1021x893) Image search: [Google]
Nineteen Ninety.jpg
213 KB, 1021x893
TOSHIRO MIFUNE MUST HAVE BEEN REALLY, REALLY DEAF BECAUSE HE ALWAYS HAD TO YELL HIS LINES TO MAKE SURE HE WAS HEARING THEM CORRECTLY
>>
>>70223903
So nobody says it's the greatest movie ever made
There's tons of 100% on RT and IMDB and Letterboxd are actual memesites

Most people wouldn't even say it's Kurosawa's best
>>
it's very nera a perfect film
>>
>>70223821
Seven Samurai is so fucking enjoyable. The action is great and extremely well shot. Kikuchyo is hilarious, the soundtrack is really good. The film is punctuated with moments of heart and the setting and realistic portrayal of samurai's and their place in the Japanese society is interesting.

It's just a really enjoyable movie, it's a 3 hour movie that doesn't feel like it drags at any point, and part 2 is honestly fun as fuck. I was rooting so hard for the villagers, the film gets so much out of it's premise it's amazing. It's completely unpretentious and it's utterly brilliant.
>>
>>70223821
It's the movie that set the way modern movies are made in regards to tempo and storytelling. So it deserves respect for that reason but that being said even thu it has aged well it has aged and gotten worse as the medium has progressed. But it still has the best movie rain ever.
>>
Kurosawa films great action
>>
>>70223821
a big part of it is the cinematography
You have to keep in mind when it was made and notice the details in camera and actor movement and how that plays into the themes
>>
>>70223821
It's a decent movie, but it is also 7 million years long, greyscale and in Nipponspeak, that's why some elderly people and faggy edgelords like it so much.
>>
>>70223845
>Criterion meme
underage detected
this has been praised to the heavens since before Criterion was making laserdiscs
>>
>>70225106
retard
>>
It's loved as it's the most pleb friendly Kurosawa film
>>
>>70225144
butthead
>>
>>70225380
butthead
>>
>>70224958
t. capeshitter
>>
I think most would be better off watching 13 Assassins.
>>
>>70225679
I felt embarrassed watching that. It's Seven Samurai for the video game generation; no heart or humanity, just dumber action and more gore as if that's what made the original so great to begin with. And for all the more samurai it had fewer defined character than Seven did. I felt nothing when they died, whereas a certain sudden death in SS had me pulling my hair out
>>
>>70225679
Wasn't 13 Assassins an homage to Seven Samurai?
>>
>>70225500
touche
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.