[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FUCKING SAM KYS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 231
Thread images: 42
File: Can't handle the Randyll.jpg (34 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
Can't handle the Randyll.jpg
34 KB, 600x316
>Be Lord of Horn Hill, proud family that even has a Valyrian steel sword
>Firstborn child is a son
>Can't wait to hunt with him, best day of my life
>He ends up being a massive faggot who spends his time reading Qarthese cartoons and eating
>Send him to the Wall so he can at least be beneficial to the society of Westeros instead of being a NEET
>Mfw he returns to become a maester
>Has the audacity to walk in with some wildling whore
>He claims he fathered a bastard but it doesn't even look like him
>MY FIRSTBORN SON GOT KEKED FATHER HAVE MERCY
>Tell him to get the fuck out at first light, my heart can't handle seeing the flaws in my genes
>The fat fucker steals a sword he has no claim to since I had him renounce his titles and the Watch made him renounce his name

Rad Randyll did nothing wrong. Fuck Sam, fuck Gilly, fuck 'their' son and fuck his storyline in both the books and the show
>>
He's gonna become a badass and show his evil dad, you'll see :^)
>>
>>70214918

Except, Tarly sided with the Lannisters, so he deserves everything coming his way.

Also, you dont have to be a prick to your fat son, you simply toughen him up with diet and a reward system, instead of hating him.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 327x240) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 327x240
>mfw "had enough to eat fatty?"
>>
>>70214954
>training sequence montage showing Sam turning buff and preparing to fight his old man
>>
>>70214969
What's wrong with siding with the Lannisters, faggot?
>>
>>70214991
> hearts on fiiiire
>>
>>70214969
>Tarly sided with the Lannisters
He sided with Mace, his rightful Lord.
>>
File: 1444034501953.png (193 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1444034501953.png
193 KB, 600x800
>>70214969
>The Lannisters are one-dimensional bad guys
>>
File: 1461765508637.jpg (65 KB, 629x540) Image search: [Google]
1461765508637.jpg
65 KB, 629x540
>>70214918
I don't know man, this show went to shit. I thought last season was the worst of them all. I was wrong.
>>
>>70214918
Sam is such a pussy that I can't help hating him. Just sitting there taking all that shit, not realizing that just answering back would earn him a shred more respect from his father. But no, he is to much of a pussy to just say 'fuck off'.
>>
>>70215063
I find s6 still a bit better than s5 and 4 for now.
>>
File: image.png (123 KB, 361x483) Image search: [Google]
image.png
123 KB, 361x483
Big randy so intimidating senpai. I almost felt like getting my shit together until they went to the next scene.
>>
>it's the disappointed father episode

if i wanted to watch daddy issues i can watch 6 seasons of lost.
>>
File: Samwell-Tarly-wrestling.jpg (51 KB, 400x720) Image search: [Google]
Samwell-Tarly-wrestling.jpg
51 KB, 400x720
>>70214991
>>
I want to rape Sam's brother
>>
>>70214969
>i have life all figured out it's so easy
>>
>>70214918
Don't forget that Randyll actually made real efforts to turn Samwell around. Hiring men at arms, attempting to make Sam a squire. Going so far as to have warlocks bath Sam in blood to magic the craven out of him. Randyll invested a lot in Sam, and he squandered it all.
>>
>>70214918

> Be Lord of Horn Hill
> be a complete arsehole
> have a firstborn son, force him to do things he's terrible at
> cripple him emotionally
> never let him do things he's good at, e.g. being a scholar
> being a scholar doesn't mean you'd be a bad military commander
> many commanders like Stannis lead from the back of the battle and win
> I force him out of my home, against my wife's will
> He becomes a man of the Night's Watch, actually kills a White Walker
> kills a Thenn
> just laugh it off haha, best to never reward any actual achievements my son has to confirm my bias against him
> have a secondborn son
> reserve my Valyrian steel sword for him, although any sword is just as good for him
> Sam steals Heartsbane from me, although it rightfully should be his and will be a million times more useful when he has to face the Others again
> he cucked me the fuck out of my sword like a real man would
> somehow everyone still thinks I'm based and not a condescending,brawn-over-brains brute
>>
>>70216984
Stannis could hunt, and fight. Samwell becomes faint at the sight of blood. Maybe Randyll would have been open to Sam being a scholar, if he was such a massive pussy in every other aspect.
>>
>>70217083

Just because you can hunt and fight does not mean you can command. Samwell need not even see blood to be a good commander, or a good lord. Also, we SEE Samwell growing in the battle for Castle Black, and in killing the Other. He didn't grow faint while comforting Pyp, who was bleeding out of his neck.

And Sam may be a pussy in a lot of respects, sure. But don't forget the fact that his father greatly amplified that. If your son is afraid of fighting, you don't just force him to do it, you ease him in. Randyll doesn't seem like the kind of person who would try the easier ways first. In other words, you don't teach someone swimming by throwing him into the sea and hoping he'll find out how it works.
>>
>>70217346
>In other words, you don't teach someone swimming by throwing him into the sea and hoping he'll find out how it works.

but thats literally how I learned to swim you little shit,
>>
>>70217396
NO U DIN'T
>>
>>70216984
>> just laugh it off haha, best to never reward any actual achievements my son has to confirm my bias against him
Yes, because when my fat coward son comes home with a whore and her bastard, and claims to have murdered a fairy tale creature and a vicious wildling when the last time I saw him he was a fat cowardly piece of shit, and sitting at my table I can still see him stuffing his face and being too afraid to even look me in the eye, I call bullshit.

>Sam steals Heartsbane from me, although it rightfully should be his

No. The Sword belongs to House Tarly, Sam isn't a member of House Tarly.
>>
>>70214918
eh would be a pretty cool guy, if he wasn't a filthy Targaryen fucking shit supporter
>>
>>70217537
Also supported Renly

Absolutely disgusting
>>
>>70217537
Why do you hate loyalty, anon? It's not like Robert Fatguts had any claim to the throne other than "I'm going to kill my way to it," and the kingdom was barely better under his usurping rule.

When you have a monarchy, you ride out the bad kings and look forward to the good ones, you don't murder a bad king and his good heir so you can seat a different bad man on the throne.
>>
He is a beta neet sure, but what he did beyond the wall, and at castle black, took some fucking beta balls.

And he still is the first person to ever kill a white walker. His father, and that smug faggot that was sitting with them at the table, are in the right hating him for his past, but they are in the wrong for still hating him
>>
>>70217523
>Yes, because when my fat coward son comes home with a whore and her bastard, and claims to have murdered a fairy tale creature and a vicious wildling when the last time I saw him he was a fat cowardly piece of shit, and sitting at my table I can still see him stuffing his face and being too afraid to even look me in the eye, I call bullshit.

He even fucking SAYS that he expected the Night's Watch to make a man out of him, but directly contradicts himself when he just disbelieves every achievement that is laid before him. It's downright impossible to please this guy.

Had he said it himself, Randyll would have called him a liar. When Gilly tells him, he just thinks she's talking bullshit because "lol he needs his girlfriend to defend him". If the Lord Commander had given him a document confirming his kills, it would have made him look even more like a wuss, because he needed someone to confirm his story.

Face it: Randyll would and will never accept that Samwell has potential, because he is a brute.

And imagine you were abducted by someone who abused you verbally and phyiscally for years. Would you, upon visiting him, instantly find the courage to stand up to him? I think not.
On top of that, imagine how it would feel if that abuser is your father, someone whom you have mixed feelings for. Why do people believe that you can "just get over it"? He is in the process of dealing with it and still everyone gives him shit. He actually does something badass in stealing Heartsbane, claiming it as his by right of birth and right of utility, but everyone still gives him shit. Whatever Sam does will be constructed as something cowardly, and whatever Randyll does is seen as based. It's fucking nonsense.
>>
>>70214969
Hit too close to home when based Tarly called out his fatty son?
>>
>>70217776
The nigga came home having murdered a fucking magic killer zombie (with a witness), and appears to have fucked some wild pussy. He also killed a Thenn. I think his dad would have been proud of him, or at least gained some respect for him, and the fact that he didn't die by being pushed off the wall on day two.

Also why didn't anyone mention that he is of the Night's Watch and is NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE A FUCKING WIFE OR CHILD, AND IS AN OATHBREAKER?
>>
>>70216984
>> somehow everyone still thinks I'm based and not a condescending,brawn-over-brains brute
>genius military commander
>no-brains brute
Okay
>>
>>70217650
> Thinks Aerys was simply 'a bad king'

It's easy to be loyal when your sister wasn't abducted by the crown prince, your father and brother weren't murdered for demanding her return and your own head wasn't ordered on a spike for absolutely no reason. Oh yeah, your sister was engaged to your best friend and he's been sentenced to death for no reason as well.

Tarly and all of Aerys's supporters held to a weakened, shit-tier dynasty that only still had power because chicken shits like them were too 'loyal' to do something about him when all he had was his name and his pointy chair.

No dragons means you don't get to be a gaint faggot without repercussions. See Daenerys for instances where having dragons allows you to be a giant faggot.

Targaryen fucking shits.
>>
File: horseshake.jpg (611 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
horseshake.jpg
611 KB, 1024x768
I wish they'd put Sam on a program and forced him to into bear mode and every day they would lower him into a pit full of testosterone and rogaine.

all his progress masked by unflattering clothes and tricky camera angles(movie magic motherfucker), and during the scene where they're riding in the coach some other asshole cuts them off and he just rips his shirt off, runs out and snaps everyone including the horses heads clean off and kicks the fucking inbred wildlings all the way back over the wall like it was a field goal.

the rest of the show is him and podrick traveling the world to slay pussy, dragons, and destroy any uppity fuccboi that they come across.

this show is such fucking shit man
>>
>>70217776
>when he just disbelieves every achievement that is laid before him

What achievement? Where are Sam's trophies from battle? Where are his commendations from the Lord Commander? Where are his battle scars, his warrior's physique, his own fucking sword? And as I said, where is his damn confidence?

Tarly wanted Sam to go be a man, but what returned looks to the Lord like the same weak, fat, muscleless, pathetic blob that left.

And while I never told Sam to just get over his abuse, he is not a badass for betraying his father's hospitality, stealing something that Sam has no right to (and get that through your head; Sam gave up Heartsbane, he gave up the house and the riches and the title, and he got the Night's Watch and a new home. He may not have wanted to do it, but he did it, and going back on it with the 'muh birthright' excuse is bullshit) and sneaking off in the dead of night.

Imagine being a father. We're not supposed to say it, but fathers can be disappointed in their sons. We still love them, but it hurts to watch them waste themselves. Imagine giving your son all the advantages that you can give- the finest teachers, a good house, your own personal attention- as you try to make him a man. You try for years and years, but you can never succeed, and each time he goes snivelling to his mother for another cupcake it hurts just a bit more. You are not only letting your son down by not preparing him to be a proper lord, you are letting down all the bannermen and common folk who will one day look to your son for leadership. So you send the boy off, to a place where hopefully he can learn the skills you couldn't teach him, and he can make a man out of himself.
>>
>>70218364

Then he comes back, having learned nothing as far as you can see- still fat, still weak, and worst still he fucked some common whore. But it's not a whore, it's actually the enemy, the rapists and murderers that are exactly the worst sort of men. Your son is not a man, but he's going down that dark path. But you still promise to take in the enemy and the child, because it's your grandson, dammit.

And then you come down in the morning, and see your sword is gone. Your sword, which has been in the family for generations, the sword that belongs to you and your heir afterwards so you can do your duty as lords. It's been stolen by your coward offspring, the boy who has abused your love once more for a free meal, a warm bed, and to steal from his brother.

Sam did nothing to show he was a man. All he did was show that he was not a man, not a son, and not a brother of the Watch. He failed at every opportunity.
>>
>>70216984
He admits it himself that he's a fat coward
>>
>>70218359
is that picture what i think it is
>>
>>70218454
Yeah. It's a protein shake and not horse cum.
>>
>Fat, nerdy, "my wife's son" type

Confirmed for fa/tv/irgin analogue.
>>
File: Retarded.gif (601 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
Retarded.gif
601 KB, 400x225
>>70218454
Obviously not. It's selections from some farmgirl's snapchat, putting pictures of her and a horse next to pictures of her having a protein shake so idiots like you would think she's drinking horse cum.
>>
>>70214918
>Sam steals immensely valuable family heirloom
>flees to the Citadel
>everyone knows he took it and where he's gone.

What's the next step in his Maester plan?
>>
>>70218502
don't spoil the magic you cunt
>>
File: 1460919241849.jpg (35 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1460919241849.jpg
35 KB, 500x333
I can't believe men are so beta nowadays they can't even recognize what a protein shake is.
>>
>>70218364

> What achievement?

Killing a White Walker, Killing a Thenn, Showing more valour and fealty in defending Castle Black than Janos fucking Slynt, being chosen by Maester Aemon as successor, which basically means he is the second most influential man in the Watch.

> Where are his commendations

I adressed this point in my post. Had he said it himself, his father would have disbelieved him, Gilly said it and disbelieved it, and had he actually needed his LC to confirm it, it would make him look even more like a wuss, and Randyll would have disbelieved it. Read more thoroughly.

> Where are his battle scars?

Since when do scars prove that you are a good warrior? They don't. They prove that you got hit. They don't even prove you were in battle, since you can easily give yourself one.

> Warrior's physique

With that much mass behind him, he doesn't need the physique of Atlas to kill. He has a sowrd which he brings with him, dumbshit.

> Where is his confidence?

He has confidence when he needs it, such as when he kills the WW. This is part of his arc.

Don't use rhetorical questions if they are easily answered.

Randyll wanted Sam to be a man, but will never accept that he has potential, because his aggressive training never worked. Again I have to stress that whatever Sam does is put into a negative light, and that for all he has achieved, he gets scorn.

> hospitality

What? You mean being called a glutton, having your girlfriend insulted, having your achievements disbelieved, and let's not forget, being forced out of your own home under pain of death, being forced out of your rightful inheritance in the eyes of gods and men? Come the fuck on, man. Randyll had no right at all to do what he did. It's his luck that you can't repeal an oath and take him to court, which is what would happen to him in modernity.

1/2
>>
>>70218364
2/2

> Imagine being a father

It's quite clear that Randyll does not love him, and has never considered taking a different approach to raising a child. He forces all these expectations on Sam, trying to make a copy of himself, which ultimately fails. Randyll has failed as a father. When you ask for iron to forge swords, but get gold, you don't try to make a gold sword. Randyll is unreasonable in that regard.

Come the fuck on. Do you really think he sent Sam off to become a man in the Watch? He wanted him out of the way so his "true" son could inherit Horn Hill. That's it. If he what he really wanted is to become a man, he wouldn't have sent him to an order that prohibits inheriting family lands and titles. That's counterproductive.

To me it seems that people see Randyll has a "harsh but just" father figure, and Sam as an ingrate, which isn't fair. A father should ask himself what he can do for his son, not the other way round.
>>
>>70218884
>Read more thoroughly.

No, I read that, it was just retarded and I hoped that you'd realise that and feel ashamed.

Lord Tarly has no reason to believe his coward son's story about killing a fairy tale, or believe his coward son's whore when she says it. But an honour from the Lord Commander is exactly the kind of thing he'd respect, and it's stupid of you to say, "Nuh uh." He has no marks of battle, and he demonstrates no confidence in dealing with his father, so how is Dad supposed to understand 'his arc'?

You entirely missed my point. Sam has nothing to show he that fought anyone, or that he even went to the Wall, other than black clothes and a bastard child. He has no proof of any achievement, and the fact that he's being sent back to be a maester is proof enough for Tarly that his son is obviously not a warrior.

>It's his luck that you can't repeal an oath and take him to court, which is what would happen to him in modernity.
In a surprising turn of events, Westeros is not 21st century America, and child-rearing techniques are different. Film at 11.

And Tarly did extend his hospitality. He brought Sam into his house, fed him, and gave him a place to sleep. That's hospitality. Watching his guest stuff his face (and calling him on it), disbelieving his story about killing imaginary creatures when he has absolutely no proof of it, and getting upset when it turns out the 'girlfriend' is a wildling (Tarly didn't insult her before then), that's being impolite, but it still hospitality.

1/2
>>
>>70219340
>>70219112
>A father should ask himself what he can do for his son, not the other way round.

He did ask himself. He spent, what, 20 years asking himself? Bending over backwards to try and accommodate his son's weakness and to turn him into a man? Until finally the only thing left for him to do was to send his son away. Yes, Tarly wanted Sam gone so another could inherit. But he says it himself that he hoped Sam would become a man, someone he could be proud of. You don't need to have your child be heir to your vast estate and title to still love them and want the best for them, even if they disappoint you. It's not counterproductive to admit that you failed, and hope that someone else can succeed in helping your child.
>>
>>70219340
> It was just retarded

If you can't formulate a proper answer as to why it is retarded, then you either didn't understand it, or can't disprove it.

Now you're just reiterating your claims which I've already disproven.

>>70219374

> accommodate

Yes, I'm sure he accomodated him by not accomodating him at all, trying to bend HIM over backwards to become something he isn't, or can't be forced into.

How can someone have such severe Stockholm syndrome? Randyll is an all but cruel father.
>>
File: Drink Up.png (125 KB, 400x700) Image search: [Google]
Drink Up.png
125 KB, 400x700
>>70219773
>Now you're just reiterating your claims which I've already disproven.

Let's go through this.

>>70217776
>Tarly is disbelieving all his achievements, what a cruel dad!

>>70218364
>Sam demonstrates literally no change between when he left and when he came back. His body is no different, his mind is no different ('muh arc' but he couldn't stand up to his father in the slightest), and he doesn't even have a note from the Lord Commander, his best friend, saying, "Sam's a really cool dude." As far as Lord Tarly can see, Sam has achieved nothing.

>>70218884
>But Sam did all this cool stuff, and asking for proof that you killed nonexistent beings is being a mean father!

>>70219340
Again, no proof Sam even saw a Thenn, let alone killed one, no change in demeanour, no reason for Tarly to believe his son did anything but knock up a wildling, fail to be a proper soldier of the Watch, and get sent back to become a Maester, which in Tarly's eyes is not a real man.

>>70219773
Wah, you have no argument. I've already won!

>>70219773
And Tarly was accommodating, by his own standards. He spend Seven knows how much time and money on the best tutors in the land to make his son a real man, and as >>70216977 pointed out he even tried magic to cure him of his weakness. He didn't just kill Sam, either; he gave the boy the opportunity to go be a man and serve the Seven Kingdoms at the Wall, because no method in the South had worked. Time away from the mother who spoiled him, outdoor living, and the companionship of warriors was supposed to cure Sam of his cowardice, but as far as Tarly can tell that failed.

Tarly is not a nice dad by our standards, but by the pseudo-medieval standards of Westeros he's being pretty nice to an absolute failure of a son. An admitted coward who, despite every effort made on his behalf, cannot do a single manly thing, yet Tarly still hoped he could be fixed.
>>
>>70217776
Sorry that your parents will never accept you because you're a soft bodied fat brony transsexual or whatever you probably are.
>>
What the fuck is he going to do with the sword?

Is he going to pawn it because of muh feels?
>>
>>70220976
He was never good with a sword because his father always tried to teach him sword and board.

Sam is going to go full bear mode berserker and use it to cut down white walkers when he heads back to the wall.
>>
File: Silver Inlaid Blade.jpg (21 KB, 976x214) Image search: [Google]
Silver Inlaid Blade.jpg
21 KB, 976x214
>>70221671
>He was never good with a sword because his father always tried to teach him sword and board.

Unsubstantiated in terms of what training he got, and incorrect in that Sam admits that he was shit because he was afraid of getting hit and he had no coordination (see his shit bow skills), not because he had the wrong weapon. Given that Heartsbane is a two-handed sword, and the expected heir would one day wield it, odds are good that at some point he practised with something similar.
>>
>>70218359
Why is that horse drinking that other horse's semen
>>
>>70214969
You really should remember how big of a pussy Sam was in Season 1 anon.

It was sickening.
>>
File: Landsknecht.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Landsknecht.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>70221812
Pic obviously unrelated, it just bothers me to see an image board with no images.
>>
>>70221900
Half swording doesn't actually work, it's retarded shit.
>>
>>70221900
>keep walking into the opponents tiny radius of control
>WHY DO I KEEP LOSING
>>
Is there any way Lord Tarly could have manned up that lump?

He's got no time for huggy-feely "It's OK to go be a book-NEET", he needed a male heir.
>>
>>70222684

>melee battle pushes you up against opponents and packs you in like sardines
>you have a 4 foot radius to work with

Pick one.
>>
>>70218364
>your own personal attention

i also too, give my son my personal attention by trying to kill him
>>
>>70226062
For a lord who actually has responsibilities, personal attention is valuable. who knows how many noble duties Tarly neglected by spending his time trying to teach his son to piss standing up instead of squatting?

Also, he didn't try to kill his son, which you can tell because that fat sack of crap is still alive- Sam wouldn't survive an assassination attempt if it was a Girl Guide beating him to death with her shoe. He just told his son that he was sending him to the Wall, and if he didn't go then he would have an accident.
>>
>>70222383
how do you like being wrong?
>>
>>70226248

You do know that when Dickon was born that Sam was ignored entirely until he turned 15?

You DO know that right?
>>
>>70226409
'Ignored entirely' is stretching it, considering that there's only a few year's difference between them, and that Lord Tarly tried 'a dozen masters-at-arms' and also tried to Sam a job as a page at another noble house. His dad let his son indulge his faggot side when Lord Tarly focused on Dickon, but he didn't neglect him totally.
>>
>>70226580
>also tried to Sam a job as a page at another noble house

this was before Dickon's birth so
>>
>>70228452
Sam Tarly, born 283 AC
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Samwell_Tarly

Dickon Tarly, born or between 287 AC and 290 AC
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Dickon_Tarly

Standard age of a page- Starts at 7 years old, continues to about 14 when they become a squire
http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/1045/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Page_(servant)

So no, it probably wasn't. Dickon was likely already a couple years old. On the outside it might be that the meeting with Lord Paxter happened when the mother was very pregnant.

And given that you train a child first in proper manners and literacy, then during their pageship they are supposed to learn how to fight, it's obvious that the bulk of Sam's training took place while Dickon was alive and growing. His father could watch his masters-at-arms fail to tutor his older son, and eventually notice that his younger son was not such a huge gaping pussy that Littlefinger came by to see if he would be a boywhore.
>>
File: george-r-r-martin.jpg (39 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
george-r-r-martin.jpg
39 KB, 600x600
>>70214918
>Swords symbolize dicks in GRRM writing
>Sam stole his father's symbolic phallus
>>
>>70218173
>Also why didn't anyone mention that he is of the Night's Watch and is NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE A FUCKING WIFE OR CHILD, AND IS AN OATHBREAKER?
Because nobody cares, really. In the books it is said that the Watchmen have loads of bastards at Mole's Town. Only hardasses like Ned cared about every stupid law. Life is harder than this.
>>
File: randyll tarly.jpg (52 KB, 465x498) Image search: [Google]
randyll tarly.jpg
52 KB, 465x498
Gilly is a great waifu. She looked beautiful and stuck up for her man. It was frustrating to see Sam just sit there and take it without even looking at the guy, though.
>>
>>70229305
Gilly was a 10/10 in that scene.
>>
>>70229388
>gilly
10/10

Please, anon. Even cleaned up she's barely a 6.
>>
>>70229388
She's no frogfu
>>
>>70229305
>It was frustrating to see Sam just sit there and take it without even looking at the guy, though

He was thinking about the welfare of Gilly and the child. That took some nuts, I would have stuck a fork in his eye during his dumb rant.
>>
File: the boner's way is mysterious.jpg (19 KB, 324x586) Image search: [Google]
the boner's way is mysterious.jpg
19 KB, 324x586
>>70218359
I must admit this image is clever and super filithly lewd because of it. now off to sad panda to find a manga just as lewd as this
>>
>>70214918
He needed heartsbane to create lightbringer because Sam is confirmed Azor Ahai by the leaks.
>>
>>70214918
Reminder that he is a failure of a father and his wife wears the pants
>>
>>70214976
Hey man it was just a goof!
>>
>>70232155
>his wife wears the pants

>he took away Mommy's little boy, tells her to suck it up when he calls out faggots and traitors as he sees them, and probably raped her that night for talking back to him at the table

You're one of those cuckspammers, aren't you.
>>
File: heartsbane.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
heartsbane.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>70214918
This guy was excellent casting to be honest
>>
Don't ever insult me or my wife's son ever again
>>
File: 1464631600531.png (431 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1464631600531.png
431 KB, 800x600
>>70232400
Bane?
>>
Seeing teenage edgelords defend Randyll Tarly is fucking laughable.

They have a system in place to avoid wars of succession, and that system is Primogeniture. By ignoring it and exiling his firstborn son, Randyll proves he is both a shitty father and a shitty lord. Any drama that results from that, for example his son stealing Heartsbane, is entirely his own fault. That's the whole fucking reason they have the system.

Not to mention that Sam has proven himself smart and capable. Clearly not inclined to combat, but that's not what makes a good lord of a house. His inability or unwillingness to shape a capable son into a leader of men is his own failing, not Sam's.
>>
>>70216984
>no-brains having brute
Randyl the Mandyl is literally the only person ever to defeat Based Bobby B on the field

>force your girlyboi first born son to renounce his titles and name and take the black
>hold on to the hope that Sam will bring some measure of honor to the Tarly name through his service on the Wall
>he shows up at your castle in the south with a wildling whore and her bastard son
>somehow your ungrateful cunt son found more ways to bring dishonor upon his House and your name

I have to wonder though, what was Lord Mace's greatest commander and vassal lord doing at home, all comfy, hunting with his son, while his liege lord is marching troops into the capitol to free his imprisoned children, one of whom is the Queen and the other is one of the greatest swordsman alive? At the very least Randyl should be gathering an army in preparation for a war with those Sand Snek fucking shits.
>>
File: lord_a10[1].jpg (64 KB, 320x450) Image search: [Google]
lord_a10[1].jpg
64 KB, 320x450
scene sums up everything wrong with the nu-male generation tbqh

>Randyll is a guy who's given his life in service to his land and to his people, protecting them from being raped and plundered by a society of savages.
>Is still obviously meant to be taken as "a bad guy" by the viewer purely because he's severe and unpleasant and makes Sam FEEL BAD for a bunch of things that are completely true (physically weak, cowardly, not enough willpower to resist gorging himself, etc.)

And yeah, the Heartsbane theft is completely inexcusable since Sam revoked everything he could have inherited when he swore his oath to the Night's Watch. But nah, we're meant to see it as justified because Randyll is AN ASSHOLE and he made Sam FEEL BAD.
>>
>>70233042
>Is still obviously meant to be taken as "a bad guy" by the viewer purely because he's severe and unpleasant

He's a bad guy because he's a fucking terrible father. If you're honestly on his side please don't ever have children.
>>
File: Monte Cook Games.png (145 KB, 830x974) Image search: [Google]
Monte Cook Games.png
145 KB, 830x974
>>70232791
>Not to mention that Sam has proven himself smart and capable.

No he hasn't, not to his father at any rate. He proved himself a coward and a weakling, in a time when being a good lord means a willingness to risk your own life in battle, and not cry because a chicken died (and then shoving that chicken into your fat gob). The duty of a lord is to protect his people and care for them, and the only Sam his father ever saw is utterly incapable of that. Lord Sam Tarly would be pushed around by every one in the region, including his own bannermen who would be disgusted at his spinelessness, and the people would suffer until someone cut Piggy's head off.

Fortunately, there's a system for getting rid of inferior heirs when you don't want to murder them. It's called, "they renounce their claim, swear oaths not to have kids, and go to the Wall." Sam renounced his claim, then came back and stole his brother's rightful inheiritance, and Sam is a true cuck lying about who the father of that child is.

I do love the 'edgelord' comment, and how it's all his father's fault. Never mind how hard Lord Tarly tried to make his son into a decent man, I'm sure you get great pleasure in being able to blame a father for the entirety of his son's moral failings. Makes you feel a lot better about your own life, I'm sure.
>>
>>70214918

What I don't get is since Sam's dad was such a hardass who obviously cares to raise his son to be a warrior, how come he dropped the ball on that one.

If he's so serious about it he'd have Sam trained from a small age so there would be no time for him to degenerate into a fat cowardly slob.

He'd be exercising, sparring and going on hunts from a small age and likely have a daily routine that wouldn't allow him to fall behind.
>>
>>70233188

Except it's pretty fucking obvious that part of the reason Sam is such a coward is because his father terrorized him.

He's like a dog that cringes every time you walk by. Is it the dog's fault? Or the shitty owner who kicks it all the time?
>>
>>70233192
He literally did all of that shit

Sam was just too much of a fat pussy. That's why he disowned him and sent him to The Wall, he was beyond hope.
>>
>>70233143
If he's such a terrible father why did everything work for Dickon that didn't work for Sam? Surely if he was such a terrible father Dickon would have been equally broken and hated by his father in some way.
>>
>>70214918
But anon HE'S A FUCKING WHITE MALE.
He can't be right.
>>
>>70233143
>bad father
>because he's MEAN
The only terrible parent Sam had was his mother. Coddling you son to the point where he ends up as soft as Sam, in a world as harsh as Westeros, is fucking child abuse.
>>
>>70233143
>He's a bad guy because he's a fucking terrible father.

Dickon seems to be turning out fine. As does his daughter (I don't know if the other ones exist in show universe).

>>70233248
>Except it's pretty fucking obvious that part of the reason Sam is such a coward is because his father terrorized him.

Part of the reason. Tyrion was disdained and actively hated by his father and the rest of his family, and he was terrorized (remember the rape of his wife). But he isn't a snivelling little bitch who rolled over as soon as he got back home, he actually manned up and decided to make something of his life. Sam needs to have some spine; the show swooning about how he's so brave because he killed a White Walker, but he still can't even look Dad in the eye and betrays his family.
>>
>>70216984
>projecting this hard
Did your father call you a failure when you didn't qualify for anything and never wanted to go hunting with him while y0ou sat on yor lardy ass posting on an anonymous finnish banjo tuning forum?
>>
>>70214918
>Rad Randyll did nothing wrong. Fuck Sam, fuck Gilly, fuck 'their' son and fuck his storyline in both the books and the show

Agree.

He should have taken fat ass on that hunting trip he promised him before he kicked him the fuck out and mercy killed him.
>>
>>70233333
based quints is right. Dickon obvsly turned out well because Randyll had learned to keep his wife's coddling hands off her son by that point. She was still preoccupied with doting over Sam during Dickon's formative years so Randyll was able to shape him into a proper man without her meddling.
>>
>>70214918
>Qarthese
You had one job
China = yiti
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>edgelords: the thread

hurr if i say randyll is awesome does that make me a real man now? where are my chicken tendies mom
>>
>>70214969
>Tarly sided with the Lannisters
He's a Tyrrell bannerman you filth showfag
>>
>>70233552
>Sam is the literal chicken tendies kid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcX4ymFQjTg

The NEETs are getting triggered today.
>>
>>70217650
>It's not like Robert Fatguts had any claim to the throne
Get a load of this showfaggot and his inability to even read a wiki.
>>
>>70217732
>what he did beyond the wall, and at castle black, took some fucking beta balls.

No, it took beta writing.

G.R.R.M. is as much of a pussy beta faggot as Sam, and he essentially IS Sam, but instead of writing the character honestly, he writes him against character because he wants people to think that submissive faggots, like him, can show "courage" just like normal men.

The courageous dudes with integrity get fucked over and killed, meanwhile, the cowardly submissive faggots, like Sam, survive and prove their worth.....It's beta fan fiction.
>>
>>70233552
>Sam is in the right
>Randyl is wrong

now THAT is an edgy ideology. Fucking all numales must hang
>>
>randyll tarly is awesome
>numales kuckkuckkuckkuck
>make america great again
>trump2016
>>
>>70233754
Oh yeah, because the way that a claim to the throne works is that you kill the king and his heir, then claim descent through your grandmother qualifies you.

That's weak shit and you know it, anon. Robert himself admits that the claim is bullshit, that he took the throne and kept the throne because was the one who was the poster boy of the rebellion, with Jon Arryn too old and unwilling to take the Iron Throne, and Ned too unloved and also unwilling. Tywin would have pulled an equally spurious claim out of his ass if Jaime could possibly have taken the throne, as it was he just married into the new dynasty.
>>
File: Kek Offensive.jpg (99 KB, 717x510) Image search: [Google]
Kek Offensive.jpg
99 KB, 717x510
>>70233645
Fucking great
>>
>>70233984
Sorry, I should say heirs plural. Because Robert was smart enough to murder Rhaegar's children too, and to run off Viserys and Dany. Obviously the actual immediate family doesn't have a priority claim above the rat's nest of incestuous nobility.
>>
>>70233769
Yeah, it really is pretty gross. Sam's the biggest weight around the series neck IMO. At least Dany will probably evolve into a trope-averting antihero. At least her ridiculous plot armor MIGHT pay off in the end. Sam will always just be GRUM's invincible beta self-insert that never gets his rightful comeuppance and always gets heaps of discordant praise from the other characters who SHOULD loathe him for his uselessness.

Like the "Sam the Slayer!" shit in the books and in what Gilly said this episode (and her loyalty to such a weakling overall). Sam got a cheap shot in on the dumbest walker in the world. Whoopty fuckin' doo. We all know he could never stand toe to toe against one in a real fight.
>>
>>70233984
Orys was also half brother to Aegon I.
Steffon was really close to Aerys the Mad from being cousins.
Look back at the Family tree, at the time of the rebellion, Baratheons were the closest to a branch of house targaryen even though they married to arryns and velaryons and other smaller houses some decades back. I think the claim is there, legally, if you depose aerys for being a mad fuck and his descendants refuse to right their wrongs, they deserve to die, really simple.
>>
File: 1464628327663.jpg (27 KB, 508x524) Image search: [Google]
1464628327663.jpg
27 KB, 508x524
>fat man could have it all, castle, high status
>just don't be a fat slob
>fails at this, is exiled to the Wall
>despite eating breadcrumbs and being physicially active for months, remains fat
>gets cuckolded by some savage of his own volition
>returns home
>gets super offended by some light banter about being fat and eating bread
>steals from his father, who is ten times the man he is
>you're supposed to root for this
>normies do
>>
>>70234187
Not to mention her bragging about 'killing a Thenn.' Remember what actually happened?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPySBWSfPNg

Sam was hiding behind some barrels while the real men of the Watch were fighting and dying, and he tried to run away. Someone saw him and came to fight, Sam managed to get his sausage fingers to fumble a bolt into a crossbow, and he shot the Thenn in the luckiest noscope of all time. Then he scurried off.

It wasn't a heroic act, it just barely counts as self-defense (try telling any knight that your only confirmed kill was using a crossbow and they'll laugh at you).
>>
>>70233248
Sam's such a coward because he always had his mother to run crying to. There's absolutely zero evidence in the books that Randyll "terrorized" Sam. He was harsh, yes, but not outright cruel.
>>
>>70234441
In the book I'm pretty sure Randyll threatened to stick Sam like a pig so that would be terrorizing.

I don't blame him though.
>>
>>70234187
>in what Gilly said this episode (and her loyalty to such a weakling overall)

Pure, unadulterated beta fiction, in that G.R.R.M., and the beta nu-males like him, actually believe any decent woman would be attracted to such a submissive, fat piece of shit because he's "nice" and "gentle", when the truth of the matter is that women find "men" like that to be absolutely disgusting for anything other than manipulation purposes.
>>
File: CLANG.jpg (67 KB, 1268x714) Image search: [Google]
CLANG.jpg
67 KB, 1268x714
>>70234296
>if you depose aerys for being a mad fuck and his descendants refuse to right their wrongs, they deserve to die, really simple.

Yeah, Rhaegar's kids should have righted their grandfather's wrongs. They deserved to be murdered in their beds because they didn't put everything right in the 20 minutes between Grandad getting stabbed in the back by his bodyguard and the Mountain bursting in, cock in hand.

Legally, Robert's claim is that he was the heir outside the Targaryen family. He then murdered the family (most of it, anyways, couldn't even kill Aerys' son and got lucky the bitch was DOTHRAKIED) and pressed his claim.
>>
>>70234432
And yet Sam was so proud of shooting a crossbow at point blank range into an unarmored skull that he actually went on to tell Gilly about this.

This is why the show is so infuriating to me. I can handle shitty writing. Teleports. Obscure motivation. Character regression. I can look past it and enjoy the good parts regardless. But I can not handle the "THIS is the guy you're supposed to like!" bullshit. There is nothing gray about the way Sam is meant to be interpreted. He's a good guy. One of the best people in the series. Even though he's weak, cowardly, ineffectual, has no code of conduct other than "be nice!", and all of that.

And then Randyll, despite being the most honorable character since Ned Stark to appear in the show, is meant to be an evil twat.
>>
fuck claims

right of conquest, bitchessssssssss
>>
>legal claim

Why do Targs have a claim to the throne? Because they subjugated the 7 kingdoms by force. Robert wasn't any less a rightful kill than any Targ.
>>
Randyll in the show is how Tywin should've been
>>
>>70234606
not rhaegars kids but rhaegar himself.
it was tywin who killled the kids and the princess.
it was war, anon. it gets icky everytime.
maybe ned and jon, the moral compasses, would have counseled robert to exile Elia, her children, Viserys and Dany to norvos to live with her mother's family.
again, I'm talking about the flimsy legality of the matter here. you seem very emotionally invested against robert. calm down.
>>
Always imagined Randyll as a big guy, carrying that fuck off Valyrian blade.

The guy they cast looks too old.
>>
>>70233769
GRRM said he identified most with Sam of any other character.
>>
>>70235119
>I'm talking about the flimsy legality of the matter here. you seem very emotionally invested against robert

I'm saying that the flimsy legality is so flimsy as to be nonexistent. Robert is a murderer who has as much a rightful claim to the throne as a woman who makes her husband sign a million-dollar life insurance, then throws him off a roof, does to that money. It's stupid to try and defend it from a legal standpoint, the entire legal argument is, "There's no one else with an army to stop me."
>>
>Dickon

>he's not a dick, he seems like a pretty nice guy actually

B R A V O
>>
>>70216984
Randyll Tarly has no reason to believe that White Walkers even exist. Or that Samwell killed anyone fighting.
>>
>>70235306

Or Littlefinger
>>
>>70235349

the only reason the targs were the ruling family was because they took the seven kingdoms by force

they threatened roberts life and stole his waifu, of course he should fight back
>>
>>70235349
>>70235349
>Robert is a murderer
tywin, mountain, jaime and lorch killed the royals.
cmon now you are just trolling me now
you argument now fails because aerys was a criminal by all accounts and should be deposed.
we dont have 100% confirmation about rhaegar but he wanted to retire his father and fix the shit but he also went bananas and fleed with northern pussy adding fuel to the fire apparently not giving any fucks.
then the next (abled) in line took the job. Think a great council.
>>
>>70235484
I'm not disagreeing on the morals of why he rebelled, or how the Targs got to power in the first place. But at least they were honest about it.

>>70235595
>you argument now fails because aerys was a criminal by all accounts and should be deposed.
Not how monarchy works, but I'll indulge that notion because I believe it as well. But it was under Robert's authority that Rhaegar's kids were murdered (even if he didn't know it was happening, he didn't punish anyone involved, but instead rewarded the Lannisters for their role in helping him seize power), and he tried to murder the surviving Targs several times.

Robert is The Usurper, he set the stage for everyone else to think that a weak king means they can take over the Kingdoms by force, and he bears a lot of the blame for how everything has turned out. He claimed the Iron Throne and has that right to it, but he doesn't have a legal leg to stand on- if you can't see that he's a brute who took what he wanted by force, you're blinded by his big swinging hammer hitting you in the eyes.
>>
>>70234844

The show has an agenda to portray any male power as sinister and evil. It's pure feminazi propaganda.
>>
>>70236056
Oh and here come the /pol/JWs marching in. Just brilliant.
>>
>>70235777
>Robert didn't punish the murderers
The beginning of his rule would've been very shaky if he went out and punished the people who helped him get power, especially a weathy family such as the Lannisters.
>>
>>70235777
>it was under Robert's authority that Rhaegar's kids were murdered
This is how I know you never read the fucking books. I'm done feeding your nonsense
>>
>>70236988
>never read the books

Even though I did, it's laughable that you treat that as an excuse when you're on /tv/. The kids were murdered by Clegane during the Sack of King's Landing. Clegane was a knight in service to Tywin Lannister. Tywin declared for Robert as the Sack began, or possibly in it's immediate aftermath, and in any case submitted to Robert's authority while presenting the corpses.

When Robert accepted the dead children as tribute and signs of loyalty, he retroactively authorized their deaths.

>>70236535
True. Again, we're talking the legal standing Robert has (i.e. none) and the morals Robert demonstrates (i.e. none). If he hadn't personally been wronged and sought vengeance, the Rebellion never would have happened.
>>
>>70235777
>he set the stage for everyone else to think that a weak king means they can take over the Kingdoms by force, and he bears a lot of the blame for how everything has turned out.

This is one of the fundamental reasons that the world is no longer governed by monarchies.

Improved literacy and education, which the clergy historically were champions of plus a weak monarch is all it takes for a monarchy to either be abolished or crippled.
>>
>>70214918
>It's a thread about shit that happened with Sam
>not just skipping the extremely boring shit that is Sam
The person that plays Sam is so fucking pathetic that I just skip his scenes altogether. I suggest you fags start doing the same thing.
>>
>>70216984
Way to hog the entire fucking thread you b8ing cunt
Kill yourself
>>
>>70214991
>training sequence montage showing Sam prepping the bull for Gilly

ftfy
>>
Sam, based on the song of ice and fire wiki, weighs 280 pounds. His height, based on some website about the height of actors, is 5'8'', his age, based on the wiki as well, is 23. Now i have entered these parameters in 3 different BMI calculators. The mean of the results is about 2600 calories daily. That is BMI. That is what your body would burn off to stay as it is -fat as it is, in this case- without partaking in any tiresome physical activity, manual labour - things having an everyday role in the life of a low ranking member of te watch, one would presume -, not counting harsh climatic/weather condtions either. To keep his weight in a room temperature environment, without intense movement sam would have to devour about 21,6 fried chicken drumsticks OR 1502 grams of roasted squirrel OR 1900 grams of rabbit. Taking into cosideration the lifestyle of a Nights watch member, an extra 1000 daily calories can easily be added, and on an expedition behind the wall (based on some documentary about 18th century longhunters i saw a while back) daily caloric demand - of an avarage sized men - could even reach about 5500-6000 calories. Now i do not know anything about the nutritional resources of the nights watch, but i would guess that resources are scarce and that food distribution is based on strict principles (meaning you do not get 21, fried drumsticks each day). What I would like to say is, for sam to stay a fat fuck all these seasons, he probably had to steal food on a very regular basis, steal it from the very people who acquired that food. Given the harsh conditions, the importance of their duty, having a non-contributing, valueless person around to devour the precious calories of your community is a luxury. Being that person, for six seasons, is the absolutte moral suicide. All of these implications of Sam being the "good guy", him having the moral highground over his father, should be dismissed on this very basis.
>>
>>70217346
>you don't just force someone to fight, you ease them into it
>I have never been in a fight
Ahh yes because everyone first fight begins with the other lad gently brushing his knuckles against your cheek and asking if you're ok to continue. It certainly doesn't begin with him swinging as hard and fast as he can trying to knock your fucking head off
>>
>>70239963
Why did you do the weight off the wiki, but the height off the actor? If you can't find the character's height, use the actor's weight and age to keep the body consistent. Mixing and matching is no good.

Obviously he's a fat fuck, but knowing how fat and how fuck is important.
>>
File: 1461360038417.jpg (419 KB, 1200x1000) Image search: [Google]
1461360038417.jpg
419 KB, 1200x1000
>Randyll Tarly is right!!!
>Sams a beta faggot
>Cuck cuck cuck cuck!!!!1
>Make America great again!!!!!
>Trump 2016

I hope you retards realize Sam has a bigger purpose and the only thing that matters is being prepared for when the Night's King comes. Sam's just doing his part which is why he actually took the sword. I'd like to think /tv/ isn't this retarded.
>>
>>70214991
Randyll better watch the fuck out. Sam's just been spending his years bulking is all. When historians look back at this time they'll be singing tales of Samwell "The Wall" Tarly and how he single-handedly held off the White Walker invasion.
>>
Dickon seemed like a nice enough lad and not mean at all. I always thought that he was a cunt as well.
>>
>>70240284
Can he kill whitewalkers with valyrian steel?
>>
File: 1443549915937.jpg (154 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1443549915937.jpg
154 KB, 600x600
>>70239963
>>
>>70239963
He has been leeching on his surroundings all his life, totally unable to look behind his own immediate (food) and long term (academy) interests, dishonoring his family name, dishonorig his brotherhood. His only merits accumulated over 23 years are the following:
-Getting a hardon for an inbred woman pregnant from her own father
-Accidentaly stabbing an iceman
During his six seasons covering his bloated body in black, he has not improved in any of these areas: overall athletic and physical condition. using a weapon. self discipline. willpower. valor. respect of others. self respect. regret.
He is the most pathetic man in the show.
>>
>>70233957
>>70240284
kill yourself redditor fucking shit
>>
>>70233333
Check em
>>
File: duncankenworth.jpg (58 KB, 1122x558) Image search: [Google]
duncankenworth.jpg
58 KB, 1122x558
>>70214918
Hey. It's the dude from Cody Banks 2.
>>
>>70234546
To add to this, you have to remember that this is a medieval setting. "sticking Sam like a pig" would be akin to "I'm gonna kick your ass" in a modern setting, it's best to take it as more of a form of encouragement than anything.

Numale "men" today would interpret both statements as terrorizing or abusive when that's simply not the case.
>>
>>70240445
He'll wave it around vaguely and all the Walkers will trip and fall onto it. That's the only way Sam kills anyone.

Side note, it's hilarious that people think that's the reason he stole it. Sam stole Heartsbane because he's a child upset that he didn't get the toy, and he wanted to spite his father. It will probably be used by him to kill walkers, but that's because it's a shitty story.

In a real situation, having a coward with no combat ability steal one of the few weapons capable of fighting their super-dangerous enemy is the last thing you want. Leave it with the proven military commander and fine swordsman Lord Tarly, he would do much more with it than Sam.
>>
File: warhooh.gif (600 KB, 300x231) Image search: [Google]
warhooh.gif
600 KB, 300x231
>>70240631
Cody Banks had a fuckton of Game of Thrones actors.
>>
File: nanobots.jpg (74 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
nanobots.jpg
74 KB, 900x600
>>70240844
More like Game of Thrones has a fuckton of Cody Banks actors.
>>
>>70240490
>>>/pol/
>>
>>70240909
>t. betamax numale
>>
if i wanted to watch daddy issues i'd call my dad
>>
>>70236327
/pol/ buzzwords aside, he's not totally wrong. Sam Tarly is a weak, submissive failure (not too different from the average western male today) and he's meant to be perceived as likeable and a role model, of sorts. While those with confidence and masculinity (such as Theon or Stannis, for example) get screwed over or portrayed in a harshly negative manner (Ramsay).

I wouldn't call it "propaganda", more so than a product of the shit culture we currently live in.
>>
File: smug pepe.jpg (6 KB, 125x120) Image search: [Google]
smug pepe.jpg
6 KB, 125x120
Randyll is a fucking retard, who values swinging his little sword, riding on his little horse, and other small "matters" to be more important than being a good leader, being a commander, being a diplomat, being a maester, sitting down with important leaders and doing things in an intelligent way, being a general at the head of an army, an organization, is sooooo much more valuable than being a peasant food soldier skipping around on their horse in good shape for no particular reason.

Randyll is a simple minded peasant.

He didn't participate in the War of the Seven Kingdoms, he didn't participate in the War of the Undead, he literally just skips around his inherited green summer lands like a fucking child, hunting and doing other "manly" peasant affairs, which Sam is experiencing brutal suffering in the cold and fighting the eternal undead like a god damn champion.

He says Sam obsesses over the deeds of "better men" yet everything Randyll has he inherited from better men. He's probably never had a real job in his life. And Sam growing up a fuck cowardly fuck is entirely his fault because he's a shit parent and a shit leader, with no zero charisma or diplomacy skills.

OP, Randyll is a fucking fag, and I'm glad he lost his dumbass sword, he's literally retarded.
>>
>>70217083
Sam killed a White Walker, Stannis got his head chopped off by a dyke.
>>
>>70234330
its hard to believe but sometimes people are fat because they have hormone or thyroid disorders
>>
>>70239982
>Ahh yes because everyone first fight begins with the other lad gently brushing his knuckles against your cheek and asking if you're ok to continue. It certainly doesn't begin with him swinging as hard and fast as he can trying to knock your fucking head off
The fuck are you talking about? Every figh training begins with basic moves and slowly getting into actual fights. Nobody starts off with some idiot trying to beat him up.
>>
Nu-male NEETs getting triggered ITT because they can strongly identify with the fat, cowardly blob and don't understand why his dad will never support and love them--him unconditionally.
>>
File: You.png (461 KB, 870x722) Image search: [Google]
You.png
461 KB, 870x722
<<70241109

I deny you your (you), for that is one of the most shitty trolls yet in this thread. I get throwing out bait and hoping someone would bite, but that's not at all good.
>>
>>70241152
>no one starts off with some idiot trying to beat them up
That's literally how 90% of people learn to fight. Youre hanging out with your mates one day, maybe you're 10,11,12. Then some cunt starts shit and either instinct takes over and you just swing it out or you end up like Sam and take a beating without raising a hand back to him. Do you think every lad has been in MMA training since they were 8? Fuck off
>>
>>70241146
Do you really think Sam has thyroid disorder? Do you really, really think that is the case?

btw people with thyroid/hormone disorders can still maintain healthy weight and lifestyle which should be no problem in a world as harsh as Westeros.

Face it, Sam is just a fat fuck.
>>
>>70241281
We're talking about the son of a lord, not your ghetto nigger experience.
>>
>>70241109
Men don't respect commanders who've never fought themselves. If your army doesn't respect you, they'll rout the first chance they get.
>>
>>70241281
>Do you think every lad has been in MMA training since they were 8? Fuck off

When you're a knight, that's literally what they do. You start at 7, they teach you to fight properly with weapons and in full armour, and not swing haymakers for 15 seconds before your mates pull you apart.
>>
>>70216984
>he cucked me the fuck out of my sword like a real man would
he stole it in the night. this is the only part i have a problem with.
>>
>>70241347
>ghetto nigger experience
>gated community faggot detected
You know niggers aren't the only ones who have scraps as kids? You soft cunt.
And regardless he did ease Sam into it, he brought in countless men at arms to train Sam for years and he was still a soft wee faggot just like you
>>
>>70241401
So they do what they did with Sam? Hmmmm
>>
>>70241109
Except that he is a notable commander of men and did in fact whip the shit out of some of Robb's bannermen.
>>
There is literally no advantage for a lord to be a "fighter". I'd understand wanting to be a knight as a juvenile fantasy in your teens and twenties, but if you are a lord in your 60s who thinks that the greatest measure of your worth is "fighting" then you should literally kill yourself.
>>
>>70241109

>He didn't participate in the War of the Seven Kingdoms

>Randyll is among the lords who do not go over to Stannis after Renly's death. He captures Renly's stores at Bitterbridge and puts many men to death, mainly Florent men-at-arms, lest they go over to Stannis along with their lords. Lord Randyll is presented to the Iron Throne after the Battle of the Blackwater, where he had commanded the center of the Tyrell-Lannister host.

>Lord Randyll defeats a northern army at the Battle of Duskendale. He then captures Maidenpool.

>Randyll returns to King's Landing upon receiving news of the arrest of Margaery Tyrell. He receives custody of her and her cousins after swearing a holy oath to return them for trial. As part of Lord Regent Kevan Lannister's efforts to assuage the men of the Reach, Lord Tarly is named master of laws.
>>
>>70241516
That's what I'm saying, doublenigger. I'm disagreeing with your dumb statement that 90% of people learn to fight just by getting into serious fights. Even if that was true today, it has zero bearing on how Sam learned to fight, and zero bearing on how any military trains it's soldiers.
>>
>>70241636
My point is that you don't learn to fight by easing into it, you get thrown in the deep end unlike what the original poster stated. But I agree that it does not apply to knights.
>>
>>70232853
In the books he is, but this is the show so everyone is doing the stupidest shit imaginable
>>
>>70241015
>>>/pol/
>>
>>70234441
I agree but in the books there's a passage where Randyll is blatantly torturing Sam for even mentioning becoming a maestar
>>
File: pol Accusation.jpg (48 KB, 368x475) Image search: [Google]
pol Accusation.jpg
48 KB, 368x475
>>70241933
>>70240909
>>
File: 1463365595182.jpg (18 KB, 362x434) Image search: [Google]
1463365595182.jpg
18 KB, 362x434
>>70241968
>>
>>70233143
Millennials like you need to be genocided
>>
>>70236327
At what point will you acknowledge that it is true? When the show finale comes along and all the men are dead, pussies, weak, dwarves or eunuchs?
>>
File: Bruce Glee.gif (2 MB, 369x271) Image search: [Google]
Bruce Glee.gif
2 MB, 369x271
>>70242027
I appreciate the edit, even if the term 'alt-right' is as pathetic and meaningless as 'cuck'.
>>
>>70242075
>>>/pol/
>>
>>70240909
>>>/reddit/ virgin pls go
>>
>>70216984
would you believe your fat pussy son when he came back from iraq, still a fat pussy, and claims to have killed a tank batallion by himself? No you wouldn't because he's a fucking pussy and that feat is fucking bullshit
>>
Looks like the faggots found us. Fun while it lasted. Evacuate thread.
>>
>>70242357
To be fair, it's not like he said he killed a tank battalion. He said he killed some Taliban, then shanked the Allah with a knife made of bacon.

The White Walkers don't exist, as far as anyone but a few hundred people know. Claiming you killed one with a magic knife is ridiculous.
>>
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 1440x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 1440x960
>>70214918
CALOREESI, BREAKER OF CHAIRS
>>
>>70241109

t. McCuckstein Mcucklin
>>
>>70242492
It came across like his woman was just making up some ridiculous shit to make him look good, though.
>>
>>70242311
Probably banged more white pussy white my brown cock than you ever will desu
>>
>>70242492
yeah but people in westeros are more likely to believe in something like the white walkers existing
>>
>>70242574
I agree. Some fag got upset when I pointed out how made up it sounded, and that the lack of any proof that Sam did any of this does not speak ill of Tarly.
>>
>>70241146
Some how I don't think the human body suddenly during the late 20th century gained the ability to put on weight without eating.

We all obey the lays of physics. Energy in > energy out = fat. Energy out > energy in = lose weight.

It's really that simple. Anything else is just an excuse for not trying.
>>
>>70241564
Do you understand knight armies? Armor is hella expensive, full plate was basically for knights, and unlike modern armies, medieval knights/lords were expected to lead from the front, just just stand at the side of the battlefield like a fuccboi. Jaime Lannister, fucking TYRION Lannister, Stannis and Tywin were all shown to be personally fighting in battles. Joffrey was expected to also fight in the battle despite being the King. In the books several other lords like Robert and Ned fought personally too.
>>
>>70241564
pretty much the entire foundation of a non-degenerate aristocracy is being the meanest, toughest cunts around who asskicked their way to the top

and the entire purpose of a medieval lord is to protect his peasants by fighting, if he couldn't fight he would just be some rich soon-to-be-destitute loser

I mean sure it's not all swinging swords personally but we all know that sam would suck shit as a commander as well, because even when you don't fight personally you can't be a fucking coward because you're risking your life either way
>>
File: Mac_Kills_His_Dad_10.jpg (213 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
Mac_Kills_His_Dad_10.jpg
213 KB, 400x600
>>70214918
reminds me of Mac's dad
>>
>>70243296
>protect his peasants.
Lel, more like answer to their masters' call. They were professional soldiers who answered to the King and received land and titles in return of their service. The nobility system was about creating families of professional soldiers who were loyal to the royal family by blood. This was very important because nationalism wasn't really a thing back then, so rulers had to cultivate personal loyalties. Considering nobility is hereditary, Randyll Tarly's duty is to raise the next generation of capable soldiers.
>>
>>70243628
I thought the lords were fairly independent and that the crown would have to judge their allegiance to him in the case of war. Either way, whether their main role was to protect the peasants or to act as the army, my point stands, it's all about the fighting
>>
>>70243852
Well, that's why it's hereditary, it creates a generations-lasting bond between the noble family and the royal family
>>
>>70218563

Crashing his fat ass with no survivors
>>
Neither Sam nor his father are necessarily wrong. Randyll should rightfully be dubious of Sam showing up out of the blue looking roughly the same, it could be strongly possible that he just deserted the wall out of fear and he didn't want to be caught up in those allegations.

Sam took the sword because he has much larger priorities at hand and knows his dad will just scoff off any claims about the whitewalkers and probably would just sit around with the sword until it was too late, instead of giving it some real use and bringing it to within reach of the head whitewalker.
>>
File: tv.jpg (50 KB, 1218x186) Image search: [Google]
tv.jpg
50 KB, 1218x186
>>70244039
Stop being reasonable.
>>
>>70244039
Calling it now, Sam will die killing the next White Walker but the sword will be picked up by Gilly who'll use it to avenge Sam.
>>
File: game-of-cucks.jpg (27 KB, 907x513) Image search: [Google]
game-of-cucks.jpg
27 KB, 907x513
>>70214918
Fuck you OP... Sam's plot line is awesome and what we need to educate us!

Showing it's OK to take another man's child... the unfolding story of Sam's RACIST privileged white CIS family... it really makes you think!

It's going to educate the dummy masses on their PRIVILEGE and INTOLERANCE... and what it REALLY means to be a man. You DON'T have to be some masculine narrow-minded CHAD.

So progressive.

Thank god it's 2016.
>>
I assumed that Samwell stole the sword as a way to get his father to go to the wall where he could see north of the wall for himself.

was that not his intention?
>>
>>70244223
oh fuck i meant to say SAM IS A KEK FOR TAKING CARE OF THE WIFE'S SON AND RANDYLL IS A KEK FOR NOT RAPING HIS WIFE ON THE DINNER TABLE WHEN SHE SPOKE OUT OF LINE
>>
>>70244371
>>70244039
>>70244223
Actually, I take that back. Nothing Lord Tarly has done would indicate he's the kind of guy who just sits around. Unless D&D totally fuck with his storyline and unmake him as the best general in the Reach and a soldier's soldier in order to make him more of a big meanie, Tarly would probably be the first guy to lead a campaign against the Walkers if he knew they were real.

Sure, Heartsbane isn't doing any good now in that fight, but neither is giving it to some random member of the decimated Watch. And Sam's motives do not seem that pure, he sounded like he was taking it to get back at his dad, and he'll retroactively justify it.
>>
File: magical realm.jpg (13 KB, 208x250) Image search: [Google]
magical realm.jpg
13 KB, 208x250
>>70214918
Randyll's treatment of Samwell is a projection of his own insecurities as an inadequate father onto Sam.

He recognizes that he failed to be a good father and mentor to Samwell, being unable to instill the very qualities that he himself holds dear. Samwell is Randyll's greatest failure, and seeing him is only a painful reminder of his own weaknesses (lack of empathy, little patience, unable to bond and foster deep relationships to even those most important to him).

So he sends Samwell away, erases him from his life so that he does not continue to be reminded of his failures as a man.

Now the little bitch doesn't even have a sword
>>
>>70244311
Unless Sam runs for the Wall, no. His dad is going to look for him in Oldtown, find Piggy hiding behind a book, and beat him senseless.
>>
>>70216831
diet is pretty easy senpai
>>
>>70221812
>odds are good that at some point he practised with something similar.
But there's literally nothing similar to it.
>two handed sword
>light as a feather
>able to slice through a lot of shit in a single stroke
You don't even need to hand and a half to pierce an armored man through and through with it. So why practice the techniques?

Fuck magic swords.
>>
>>70244445
>Tarly would probably be the first guy to lead a campaign against the Walkers if he knew they were real.
Except he has no fucking clue how to kill them and would shit himself like any other man. It took a lot of balls for Sam to kill an Other in the books as well as the show. And Sam was the one to discover that dragonglass is instant death to an Other, which is far more economical and attainable than Valyrian steel.

>>70244507
Jeor Mormont was more of a father to Sam than Randyll, and the Old Bear has a failure of his own in Jorah.

Gilly is right. Sam is braver than either Randyll or Dickon; his name will go down in history as Sam the Slayer, the first man to kill an Other since the 1st Long Night.
>>
File: 0vR3GaT.jpg (35 KB, 177x278) Image search: [Google]
0vR3GaT.jpg
35 KB, 177x278
reminder that by all story elements Sam should have at least lost some weight by now.

reminder that the only reason why he's fat in the show is because the actor is fat as fuck too

if you're in the night's watch and manage to maintain that weight you deserve a fucking medal
>>
>>70214918

>send chubber son to wall
>he returns with 8.0 qt wilding hottie and a vigorous hybrid grandson

wats the prob here
>>
>>70245165
>Except he has no fucking clue how to kill them and would shit himself like any other man.

I'm assuming that if we're at the stage where Tarly is fighting White Walkers, someone told him what was what. And why would he shit himself? If his coward son can conquer his fear, so can a hardened warrior.
>>
>>70245194
In the books, he did lose some weight. I'm surprised the showrunners didn't have Sam's actor go on weight training. It's not that hard.

>>70245202
Can you imagine if Gilly's son is a god-tier warrior and alpha male? He smashes skulls and fucks bitches while downing liters of mead in one gulp. Everything that Sam wasn't, Gilly's son is.
>>
>>70245306
>Can you imagine if Gilly's son is a god-tier warrior and alpha male?

And then he gets a nosebleed and dies because his blood doesn't clot, or whatever other shit happens when your father is also the father of your mother, and possibly the father of her mother as well.
>>
>>70214918
Don't talk to me or my wildling wife's son ever again!
>>
>>70245377
Incest doesn't seem to do that in Westeros. It gives you mental problems, but none of those real-world deformities.

>>70245302
Maybe, but even the bravest will be terrified at the sort of shit that Jon witnessed at Hardhome or what attacked the Three-Eyed Raven's cavern.
>>
>>70245194
Soldiers eat a lot to have energy to get through exercise. It's also cold as shit in the North so they need even more energy. Samwell stays indoors reading books so he's not burning as many calories. Sam's a medieval Fobbit, it's very plausible for him to remain fat.
>>
>>70245496
I was spooked as a showwatcher what happened at Hardhome. That fucking ending..
>>
>>70225846
>Melee battles pushes you up against opponents and packs you like sardines
>Average pleb front liner having a fucking sword

Nuh
>>
>>70245981
It kinda makes up for the omission of the Battle at the Fist of the First Men. That shit was terrifying as fuck in the books. You think zombies are bad? Imagine zombie bears and other animals ceaselessly attacking you and your comrades in waves.

>>70245880
All that traveling that he did with Gilly and the baby would make him drop a couple of pounds. Slugging it out in the snow is just as effective as a hot humid day for losing weight.
>>
File: Ainsley-Time to oil up.jpg (67 KB, 500x347) Image search: [Google]
Ainsley-Time to oil up.jpg
67 KB, 500x347
>>70218359
>>70231827
>mfw been no-fapping for a week and supplementing with cum-increasing pills
>mfw I am about to leave in 3 hours to fuck an escort and blow 3 huge loads on various parts of her body while she deeply french kisses me in order to bury the fact that I can't get a girlfriend because I am too pussy to just ask and get shot down

Get on my fap level.
Thread replies: 231
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.