[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why were Badger and Skinny Pete depicted as Star Trek and Babylon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: petebadger.jpg (107 KB, 1254x768) Image search: [Google]
petebadger.jpg
107 KB, 1254x768
Why were Badger and Skinny Pete depicted as Star Trek and Babylon 5 fans even though they were disgusting methheads and Star Trek fans don't use drugs?
>>
>important question gets slid
I don't get it. Every Star Trek fan I know is highly intelligent. Why did this popular dramatic programme attempt to portray Star Trek and Babylon 5 fans as mindless losers?
>>
Idk maybe they were attempting to humanize them

if you're trying to get at some tinfoil shit ain't nobody got time for that
>>
>>70208571
>gets slid

what

anyway the point was that you aren't born a drug addict. Shit happens. Like how pete was jamming his ass off in the music store like it was nothing.
>>
>>70208571
>>70207020

It was because they were stoner layabouts who clearly watched a lot of sci-fi. Why are you getting so defensive about the Star Trek fanbase? You don't honestly believe Gilligan thinks that's what the fans are like do you?

And they may have been fans before they got into the drugs. Don't be a fuckwit
>>
>>70208668
Star Trek contains many anti-drug lessons, e.g. The Game. Any true fan would never use drugs.

These characterisations only served to insult Star Trek fans. There aren't any highly-knowledgeable Star Trek fans who are meth addicts who spin signs for a living. That's completely preposterous.
>>
>>70208707
ya but i like star trek and don't do meth so how can methheads talk about star trek this triggers me
>>
>>70207020
>>70208571
Did you ever think that they weren't implying Star Trek fans are methheads, but that methheads can have individual interests like anybody else? The fact that they have interests doesn't change the fact that methheads are still subhuman scum that are worse than niggers.
>>
>>70208743
>Star Trek contains many anti-drug lessons
so?

>all star trek fans are identical to me
so its autism
>>
>>70207020
You've obviously never gotten high and watched sci-fi before.
>>
>>70208771
Listen meth fiend, I've met hundreds of Star Trek and Babylon 5 fans and none of them were like this.
>>
>>70208743
>any true fan would never use drugs
wow you can have off loser

>>70208571
>>70208707
when I watched this I didn't think it was trying to portray or represent anything... I just thought it was comedic relief to have these stoner dopes have a serious conversation about Star Trek
>>
File: 1405984838312.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1405984838312.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>this retarded holier-than-thou trek fan
>>
>>70207020
did some tv network actually censor a bong?
>>
>>70208783
Can confirm drugs and sci-fi go together better than anything. Watched blade runner for the first time on acid a couple weeks ago. One of the best times I've ever had watching tv.
>>
>>70207020
Anybody sort of cringe at how cartoonish and contrived those characters were? I've known real drug addicts and they don't look/dress like that with stupid striped beanies and graphic tees. The whole thing was sort of stupid.
>>
>>70208872
These kind of people are NOT Star Trek and B5 fans, it's just a fact.
>>
that'sthejoke.jpg
>>
>>70207020
That's what most methheads are like, just a bunch of filthy nerds who watch too much TV and happen to smoke a lot of meth.
>>
File: 1462688276800.jpg (32 KB, 514x536) Image search: [Google]
1462688276800.jpg
32 KB, 514x536
>>70207020
Did this really trigger you?
>>
File: jesse_heisenberg-donuts02.jpg (94 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
jesse_heisenberg-donuts02.jpg
94 KB, 1024x768
>>70209437
yeah. the show should have had real meth addicts instead of the pretend ones they used. open running sores, tweaking, discussing the works of PKD for six hours at a time, stealing equipment to pay for their habit and then suddenly going apeshit and biting the director.
>>
is this an elaborate troll/bait thread or is OP seriously autistic?
>>
File: Jessie and props.jpg (85 KB, 790x790) Image search: [Google]
Jessie and props.jpg
85 KB, 790x790
Probably the same reason they were depicted as gamers even though they couldn't even get the references right: gives them something to talk about to relate to the audience and make them seem (ten years) younger than they actually are.
>>
>>70208668
Lurk more cancer...
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.