[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Shining
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
Name a flaw with this movie.

I will prove you wrong.
>>
>>70201402
There is a Jew in it
>>
>>70201402
Its not an animated movie about a cute bunny nor does it have cool songs like repo. seriously Ocean House Hotel is the most hated mission in vampire masquerade
>>
>>70201487

Besides Kubrick, nope.
>>
Jack shouldn't have been able to escape the freezer. The movie was much better when every supernatural interaction could be explained.
>>
>>70201402
>only 9 friends

Omg, what a loser lol XD
>>
File: perfection.jpg (143 KB, 800x595) Image search: [Google]
perfection.jpg
143 KB, 800x595
>>70201402
>>
>>70201638

You need to look at it from Wendy's perspective. Of course the supernatural explanation makes sense

The hotel is a sentient, evil entity
>>
>>70201616
>besides the jew there is no jew
>>
>>70201797
No, I mean I can comprehend that there are spirits causing trouble, but before that moment every "interaction" Jack, Danny, and Wendy make with the spirits can be passed off as them being crazy.
>>
>>70202002

That's the point when the Shining crosses over into the human realm.

Remember, some places Shine like people. Jack sold his soul for a drink, to the hotel.

Jack wasn't hallucinating.
>>
I don't get it that much.
I watched it for the first time last year so 20year old, and it wasn't scary. creepy elements, suspenseful elements, yes.
good-great writing ,yes, great cinematogprahy and acting yes. best horror movie - no
it doens't quite fit into any category because it's a slow burn descent into madness.
It's really enjoyable but not quite a horror, nor deserving of such lawded praise as one.
>>
>>70202087
>Jack wasn't hallucinating

Well... That's debatable. You're talking about the Gold Room scene, right? When Wendy charges in to tell Jack about the woman in the room, he has his head aimed down like he's in a trance, not like he's in the middle of a conversation with the bartender.
>>
>>70202428

Impossible. The hotel let him out. He made out with the old lady, the evil entity. He chose her over his family

Note when he leaves, the hallway lights are off after the event. It was real. The hotel "shined."

Danny could notice it because he had the Shining. Jack sold his soul to the devil for a drink and then the rest of the movie happens.

>>70202344

You need to watch it in different perspectives but with the idea that this film has NO mistakes and NO continuity errors. Everything you need to know is in the film.

>>70202472

She never does, she encounters the bear guy and the tuxedos.
>>
>>70201402
Most autistic fanbase of any movie. See: Room 231.
>>
>>70201698
OP stumped. /thread
>>
>>70202648
Room 231 was intentional noise meant to disrupt signal and make it so that no genuine Kubrick analysis can be taken seriously
>>
>>70202798

http://www.visual-memory.co.uk/amk/doc/0114.html
>>
>>70202840
That's hardly fair. The indian genocide themes I think really are there. Why else would he add the indian burial ground to the backstory and all the Native american themes. Most of the theories were totally loony but that one has some evidence in the film.
>>
>>70202874
dumb and gay
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.