[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In retrospect, Prometheus was kino as fuck.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
In retrospect, Prometheus was kino as fuck.
>>
Seek professional help
>>
>>70195970
You have officially forfeited your rights to post opinions on /tv/
>>
It was fantastically directed and the writing was fine. Babbies couldn't into it because "muh complete resolution" "muh everything tied up in a nice little bow" despite it being the first part of a planned trilogy.
>>
>>70196372
it was shit
>>
>>70196407

Why?
>>
>>70195970
I hope your mother dies in her sleep tonight.

Prometheus ruined everything that was great about Alien.
>>
File: 1424661790319.png (248 KB, 449x500) Image search: [Google]
1424661790319.png
248 KB, 449x500
Why did the big guy killed the humans?
>>
>>70196765
Fuck off cuck. Its literally the best reboot of the last decade.
>>
>>70196765
>Prometheus ruined everything that was great about Alien.

Nah that was Aliens.
>>
File: 1461968349420.gif (3 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1461968349420.gif
3 MB, 300x200
>>70196372
>muh first part in a trilogee!!!

That's not a fucking excuse. Just because more story is coming doesn't mean the story you're getting now shouldn't have any closure at all. Fuck this modern planned trilogy shit - it's seriously ruining mainstream filmmaking.
>>
>>70196645
Let's leave the connection to alien aside for a moment. The characters were bland and in some cases completely unlikable. The astounding stupidity shown by members of the crew regarding biohazard safety in a hostile environment is ridiculous.

Was I supposed to care for the heroine? For any of the others? The heroic sacrifice of the crew at the end gave me no emotional response.

What was the point of the movie? Was it an adventure or a horror? We went to explore and find shit. It took us two years and a million light years then a day later we are all dead lol.

This is just an opinion and you are welcome to yours. Feel free to call me a reddit Cuck who should go back to 9gag.
>>
>>70196920
>I have no argument so I'll call him a cuck
It wasn't even a reboot.
>>
File: Axe1.jpg (49 KB, 650x406) Image search: [Google]
Axe1.jpg
49 KB, 650x406
>>70195970
In retrospect, Prometheus was a scatterbrained disaster. Even Alien: Resurrection is decent in comparison.
Thank you, Lindelol.
>>
>>70196372
>and the writing was fine
No it wasn't. Every time you make this thread, your reasoning behind the movie being good is the audience being too stupid to understand it. You can't discuss its strong points because there aren't any.
>>
>>70197120
>doesn't mean the story you're getting now shouldn't have any closure at all

They found an alien space ship

They found an aggressive alien

They killed the aggressive alien

They stole the spaceship

The story of how they got to the planet and defeated the engineer is complete.
>>
>>70197798

I'm not even OP, SHIT NIGGA
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 774x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 774x640
>>70196844
Because he thought his newer, more favored invention (xenomorphs), had successfully gone to earth and fuck up humans, only to be woken up to see your less favored (and hoped to be gone) species invention staring you in the face, having evolved to be almost as successful and advanced as you are.
>>
>>70196372
>being this retarded

That's worse than reddit tier.
>>
>>70195970
Agreed.
>>
>>70195970
The plot made no sense.

The acting was "meh" at best.

Every """"subtle""""" reference to Alien was absolute trash.

It was literally a bunch of somewhat decent looking scenes that together didn't make anything close to a coherent movie.
>>
the characters were just so goddamn dumb
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.