[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
McCarthy Attacks Critics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 435x580) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 435x580
>McCarthy painted her internet critics as lonely people without love in their lives, saying she “hopes they find a friend”.

Is she right /tv/? Do you guys just need a friend? I'll be your friend :)

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/movies/melissa-mccarthy-hits-back-at-ghostbusters-critics/news-story/2ed5299c3b4ecdb131e2bcff0d0bf20c
>>
>>70194296
My friends also think it looks like shit. She in damage control
>>
There's some back up now, now that the trailer has been out, but you do have to admit that there was vitriolic hate for this film before any of the casting was done, based soley on the fact that it's a cast full of women.
It went behind the normal manchild 'boo hoo hoo muh ruined childhood!' bullshit and continues today.

I really fucking like Kate Mckinnon; come a long way from the Big Gay Sketch Show. Hope this shitstorm doesn't ruin her career.
>>
>>70194296
>ALL PEOPLE WHO HATE THIS MOVIE ARE LONELY NERDS, FIND A FRIEND FUCK THE HATERS
Reasonable
>>
File: 1443625561026.jpg (497 KB, 1900x1440) Image search: [Google]
1443625561026.jpg
497 KB, 1900x1440
>>70194296
Why are women so convinced that if they say someone has a small penis, they automatically win?
>>
>>70194296
> :)
> not :^)

Kill yourself
>>
Seeing how well or poorly this does will be interesting. Will they blame it on the lonely nerds they alienated?
>>
Women always resort to these attacks, it's disgusting.

They can't compete on a physical or moral level so they resort to social shaming. It's why there are no women-only business or organizations that make high achievements. They're nasty, morally inferior in general and should be subjugated.
>>
>>70194296
I don't have a problem with all women cast.
I have a problem with taking established loved intellectual property and forcing women into it for no other reason than having women.

We do need more female leading roles, more all female cast movies. More serious roles for women.

But come up with your own new ideas, and then get women to do the job and let it stand on its own merit without leeching off the established success of what came before it.

Ghostbusters is ironically an honest representation of how society usually works and supports the whole Patriarchal feminazi argument.

Women are never allowed and or willing to do stuff on their own, they always ride the coattails of great men
>>
>>70194375
>screens of the cast leaked
>Feig being extremely defensive about critics, even going as far as to pull the mysoginy card on them
>only more fuel for the fire
>trailer hit
>We see it for the shitfest that it is
>Even more defensive shit from Feig and feminists that now have attached themselves to the movie like it's some feminist masterpiece
>Second trailer hits
>People laughing even harder
>AVGN gets a dozen feminist websites after him for refusing to not review the movie
>Script leaked
>All the details of how fucking awful the movie is gets revealed
>People laugh their asses of online and the word misogyny for the regressives lose all meaning.
It will be a beautiful trainwreck and the hamplanets will try to bait as many betas as possible to try to reduce the impact of the bomb.
>>
>>70194296

>listening to fat people
>>
>>70194795
Well if you weren't a basement dwelling neckbeard who will hang himself because he's so ugly you wouldn't hate women so much. Hope your life gets better :)
>>
>>70194606
They think this disables the argument. The only problem is that some men flip the fuck out and hit them in the face if they do.
>>
Actual quote:

>I have a visual of those people not having a [my husband] Ben, not having friends, so they’re just sitting there and spewing hate into this fake world of the internet. I just hope they find a friend.
>>
reminder that while you may not know their names or faces everyone one of the people posting on /tv/ with you is your friend.
>>
>>70194296
she fat as fuck
>>
>>70194978
>fake world of the internet

Is it 1997 or something?
>>
>>70194978
That sums me up. Still, with all my many failings, I've avoided appearing in what is set to be a huge train wreck, despite not having an agent, money or acting ability.
>>
>>70194978
I don't think about you at all, fat lady.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8
>>
File: 1335382223473.jpg (23 KB, 336x357) Image search: [Google]
1335382223473.jpg
23 KB, 336x357
>>70194978
>I just hope they find a friend.
>>
>>70194795
This is a dangerous opinion to have on this anonymous image board. Be careful friend, you might get called a cuck.
>>
>>70194795
>We do need more female leading roles, more all female cast movies. More serious roles for women.
As long as they show their hairy pits and pussies, I'm all for it.
>>
>>70194296
i-i thought we were friends anon
>>
>>70195221

DUDE SHOUTING LMAO
>>
>>70194296
Did she ever consider that the film looks like a pile of shit?
>>
>>70195453
There are some reasonable people on this board, its the crazies that are the loudest though.

There is an interesting dynamic that can be explored with women.
If writers are willing to go out of the stereotypes and comfort zones of the general populace you could see some good stuff.

Gone girl is an example.

Hollywood is simply afraid of hurting women, in reality women are very easily hurt by men and not staying true to that makes films disingenuous.

I want a movie about a woman who is a captive for ISIS, being beaten and raped daily. Eventually using the only tools she has against men, her looks and brains, to escape.

I want a movie about a female warrior who becomes an archer because she knows there is no chance in a sword battle against a male.

Besides that there is also sci-fi cyberbunk genre's that can easily make women super strong, but you have to be able to keep the character believable, and not turn her into some sex dream of 15 year olds.
>>
>>70196200
>>
>I want a movie about a female warrior who becomes an archer because she knows there is no chance in a sword battle against a male.
So you want her to have 10 times the upper body strength of a swordsman that's actually needed to fire a bow properly?
>>
Im not listening to anything else these idiots have to say. Im not watching or pirating your shitty ass movie and I honestly hope it kills any career it touches.
>>
>>70196200
Longbows take a lot of arm strength, plus im pretty sure boobs get in the way
>>
>>70194296
Paul Feig that closet homo demands people not attack his actors. Attack me but not my actors. Then this shit. Soon all the others will go on the defensive too.
They just don't get it. They still don't remember Fantastic Flop claiming everyone who didn't like the idea of a race swapped Johnny Storm were racists. Everyone who knew the movie would be edgy garbage were mocked as comic book geeks living in basements. Stop biting the hands that feed. Normies don't give a shit about goofy shit like this unless the nerd culture Feig shat on not long ago tout about it.
>>
>>70196324
You can use a short bow, or be a Calvary archer.

Longbows might be an issue, but there are definitely many Bows throughtout history a woman trained could use easily.

But hey, maybe she takes to the crossbow because she cant get as much range as the longbow.
>>
>>70196530
How about she just fists herself very deeply one day and finds a rip in the time space continuum in her cervix and reaches into it and pulls a gun out.
>>
>>70195189
Kek
>>
>people don't seem too hot on Ghostbusters
>maybe if we insult critics and potential viewers?
yeah. good idea.
>>
>>70194606

Why are they color coded?
>>
>>70194375
Only women use the word vitrolic, get the fuck out of here Megan.
>>
>>70196915
Easier to read.
>>
>>70196915
For easier reference I guess? No idea.
>>
>>70194296
>Anyone that only likes the original Ghostbusters is a friendless manchild fucking loser!

>p-please come see my movie

Remember when JJ Abrams called all the Star Trek and Star Wars fans that doubted him manchildren fucking nerds? Yeah me niether.
>>
/v/ here
this whole debacle reminds me of the DmC reboot with emo kid Dante. Same pretentious cunty new guy taking over and making something totally divorced from the original but stealing its name anyway, same shitstorms with media throwing childish insults at everyone who didn't like the reboot, same attempts to brush off all criticism by claiming the only thing people don't like is one superficial detail (YOU ONLY HATE CUZ BLACK HAIR/YOU ONLY HATE CUZ WIMMIN)

Hopefully it'll end with ghostbusters in the same dumpster DmC ended up
>>
>They'll see it anyway
>>
>>70196522
>They still don't remember Fantastic Flop
>Stop biting the hands that feed.
I see a lot of people claim that nerds or whatever don't matter when it comes to box offices numbers but they're the ones who are there opening week, buying merch, make it a topic of interest. When they try to vilify that fanbase because they aren't reacting the way they want shit like Fantastic Four happens where it gets panned. No one likes to be treated like shit for having an opinion. They need the nerd's money and word of mouth, the nerds don't need your movie.
>>
>>70197260
>/v/ here
No one gives a shit what boards you visit, you fucking autistic.
>>
>>70197444
Those aren't nerds, those are hyperconsumer drones.
>>
>>70197520
You clearly do senpai
>>
>>70196522
>They still don't remember Fantastic Flop claiming everyone who didn't like the idea of a race swapped Johnny Storm were racists.
I remember that shit. Michael B. Jordon wrote a thing on some black website trying to appeal to fans to give the movie a chance while at the same time calling them racists.
It was embarrassing because you have a lot of black comic book fans who didn't like the idea either so it was weird for them to be calling other black people bigots to black people.
>>
>>70194296
she's literally stooping to 4chan tier insults.

>oh yeah? well you have no friends. and you're a fucking virgin.
>>
>>70194296

Keep attacking your target audience. That'll be sure to drive up the box-office takings.
>>
>>70194296
I may not have a love life but that doesn't change the fact she's not funny and needs to stop being forced into everything.
>>
>implying we aren't all friends chatting about common insterests.
>>
I'll find a friend when she finds a dietitian
>>
>>70198348
You should become a dietitian and be her friend.
>>
File: Ghostbusters 1436584696716.png (2 MB, 1920x796) Image search: [Google]
Ghostbusters 1436584696716.png
2 MB, 1920x796
>>70194296
>> “I mean, really, four women doing any movie on Earth will destroy your childhood?”
>“I have a visual of those people not having a Ben [Falcone, McCarthy’s husband], not having friends, so they’re just sitting there and spewing hate into this fake world of the internet. I just hope they find a friend.”

And I bet there are still anons on /tv/ in this very thread who will give Sony money when it comes out in theaters this summer because "Hey, it can't be that bad r-r-right".
>>
>>70194978
Except unlike her my job doesn't involve being the the court jester and hanging out with people who only tolerate me because I'm rich.
>>
>>70194606
>Why you should utterly ignore women. The Infrograph
>>
why is it whenever /tv/ tries to discuss an actress the thread gets deleted, but these Ghostbusters threads are never deleted?
>>
>>70198516

>HEY EVERYONE WE'RE WOMEN AND WE'RE AWESOME!!!!!

>Fuck off, no-one cares

>WOW SUCH MISOGYNISTS

wut?
>>
>>70198676
>Fuck off, no-one cares

That's not how it went /pol/. It was more like this.

>REEEEEEE WHY R DERE WOMEN IN MUH GHOSTBUSTERS MUH CHILDHOOD IS RUINED REEEEEEEEEEE ;_;
>>
File: I've been jizzed.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1368) Image search: [Google]
I've been jizzed.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1368
If slim has always been green and pink in past films I wonder why it looks like white see thru cum in the all femaleBusters film..
>>
>>70198862
What the fuck is Willem Dafoe doing in this scene?
>>
>>70194296
Why the fuck would you link a clickbait article without a pastebin? You are literally doing what this website wants you to do.
>>
>>70194296
I mean sure, I'm a miserable person, I'm not pretending otherwise

Doesn't change that i'm right about her shitty movie that's going to flop
>>
Listen, if they remade Ghostbusters with Seth Rogen, James Franco, Craig Robinson, and Michael Cera - which, let's be honest, they could easily do with a smile on their faces - I would have the same reaction.

That being said, if you're a comedian/comedienne, and your job is to be funny, and you react to criticism like this, you're fucking bad at your job. And on some level I think McCarthy knows she sucks. She's not a bad actress, did a great job on Gilmore Girls for example, but her mainstream/film career has been built entirely on the idea that she's a big fat goof who does embarrassing and sometimes disgusting things.

So what the hell is she so upset about? That people think her big fat goofy character won't do a proper job living up to a classic film? So her response is to accuse them of being big fat goofy losers themselves who have nothing better to do?

I really thought she was better than this, despite her goofiness. This is Schumer-level bitterness.

I'm just sayin', if it's your job to be funny, your response to criticism should at least be humorous, not bitter. Because humor is born out of accepting the truth and making it work for you, while bitterness is the result of denying it. Any good comedian, especially in this era of instant criticism, understands that.
>>
>>70198728
you're right bro, people were much more vocal than he portrayed in criticizing this obviously shitty, terrible movie
>>
You know what, I'm going to watch this movie.
>>
There was a blind items a while back about a director putting together a project he knew would fail, based on casting, and that he was doing it to "prove a point". Is this it?

I only ask because the idiot chose not to cast Gillian Anderson in favor of the crap he assembled. She basically begged on Twitter to do it. Now surely you only turn down someone like GA in favor of someone like McCarthy if you want it to fail
>>
>>70198862

They should mocap Kate if they ever remake gremlins.
>>
>>70199217
I'm sure your wife and her male best friend will appreciate you getting out of the house for a while.
>>
>>70199075
She should try small serious roles to see if she fits.
>>
>>70199217
Good for you anon
>>
>>70198862
>four women make a movie
>act out their bukakke fantasy
every time
>>
>>70194817
The plot leak happened between the first trailer and the international trailer.
>>
Someone post the script.
>>
>>70197602
this
>>
This has to be a joke
"Enjoy my work OR ELSE >:("

No medium should allow this kind of unprofessional attitude, yet it's spreading like wildfire recently
>>
File: 1453414886104.jpg (51 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1453414886104.jpg
51 KB, 720x480
Fuck it. I'm going to watch this movie.

I'm going to EXPECT a good movie and if it does not meet that expectation I will shit on it accordingly.

That way I'll know what the fuck I am talking about.
>>
>>70199595
And people complain about finding jobs but don't realize they can't act like those people and expect to gain/keep a job
>>
I could get a friend but the movie would still be shit so I don't see her point.
>>
>>70197260
>/v/ here

Why
>>
File: 4L_CLgGvPGz.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
4L_CLgGvPGz.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>70197260
>a self proclaimed autist calls other people childish

Remind me again why you think we care for your opinion? You literally cannot even give 5 legitimate reasons (pro tip: "muh white hair" isn't valid) as to why it wasn't a good reboot.
>>
File: 1463435117881.jpg (25 KB, 542x579) Image search: [Google]
1463435117881.jpg
25 KB, 542x579
>>70194375

Defending this soulless cashgrab solely because of it's stupid "progressive" casting gimmick will not make women (Especially not Mckinnon) like and/or fuck you.
>>
>>70199312
This fat bitch doesn't fit just about anywhere
>>
>>70194296
She needs to love herself.
>"hopes she finds a gym"
>>
>>70195093
Important post.
>>
>>70194296
lol

The proper answer would have been to be respectful, saying something along the lines of "we understand how much people care about the Ghostbusters franchise, we love it too and we're very proud of what we're accomplishing with this new movie, and we hope you will give it a chance" but nope, better insult everyone.
>>
>>70194296
that's it sony (and whatever actress) comes to belittle the fans/general audience

hope that works for you
>>
>>70194296
Why do all her comments defending this movie sound like they were made by an 11 year old girl?
>>
>>70194296
Well, Melly, you're too fat to fly.
>>
>>70201496
a sensible and well thought out argument is too much to ask for from feige/amy pascal/and anyone else defending this 'movie'

when it flops there will be a media shit storm about 'wah wah wah manchildren, mysoginist, macho, etc. that prevented a 'good' movie' and they'll try to say the original movie is lame/unfunny/etc.
>>
>>70194621
The latter implies cheekiness. OP is being a sincere faggot.
>>
File: Ghostbusters 1436584696716a.png (2 MB, 1920x803) Image search: [Google]
Ghostbusters 1436584696716a.png
2 MB, 1920x803
>>70194632
>underrated post.
Also of course they will.
>>
>>70196934
>vitrolic
Come to think of it I guess it does sound like a vaginal world
>>
This is such a tiresome fat girl retort. This is like those women who claims that every single one of her exes had a small dick.
>>
File: 1318131034600.jpg (266 KB, 604x527) Image search: [Google]
1318131034600.jpg
266 KB, 604x527
>>70197925
>she's literally stooping to 4chan tier insults.
It's funny because it's true.
>>
>>70196626
I'd watch that
>>
>>70199729
I am now a #GhostTruster
>>
She's absolutely right. I haven't noticed one normal person in my group of friends who actively shits on this movie. At best they just don't give a fuck. It's all the neckbearded virgins work IMO.. thankfully I have a wife and we're going to see the movie on premiere
>>
Can you imagine being married to her
>>
>>70203950
I can't even imagine. My girlfriend isn't half the woman she is.
>>
>>70203927
or you could spend your time and money on something worthwhile like taking her to play minigolf or to an art gallery or anything other than this piece of shit
>>
>>70194375
>you do have to admit that there was vitriolic hate for this film before any of the casting was done, based soley on the fact that it's a cast full of women
i will not admit shit, it´s garbage, fuck off
>>
If they replaced the role of the gorilla for a sexy model actress, it will probably break even in profit.
>>
>>70204170
are you that pathetic that you'd go out to a theater playing a piece of shit movie just so you can look at a hot woman in the information age where there are more hot women on the internet for free than you could ever fap to in your lifetime?
>>
>>70204258
It's for the 3rd world movie goers who only know facebook as the internet
>>
File: 1461041029422.jpg (239 KB, 647x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461041029422.jpg
239 KB, 647x1080
>>70194296
>lonely people without love in their lives

I want to fuck Kate McKinnon.
>>
>>70194296
They just can't help themselves.

Why do they think throwing insults at us will make us want to watch it? Do they think we will develop Stockholm Syndrome and desire to please them?
>>
>>70204822
Sony knows the movie is going to be a shitshow so they've changed their tactics from "delete all critical/negative comments" to "squeal misogyny as loudly and often as possible" so they can blame that when the movie tanks
>>
>Watch Bridesmaids
>There's an entire sex scene involving a Feig looking Nu-male, this hambeast and a ham hoagie.
>The guy pokes the hoagie, then eats it
>She slaps the ham on his bare chest and eats it off him
>>
This movie has come up with co workers and class mates and friends. No one is excited for this movie. Girls, guys, gay, straight, black asian white hispanic. No one thinks it looks funny. They all see it as a shameless cashgrab using feminism as a critic shield. They found a way to turn tumblr and clickbait sites to advertise for them for free.
>>
>>70196880
getting major deja vu from gamergate

"Gamers are dead....Bring back bullying...etc."
>>
>>70200733
I think a cargo plane can fit her
>>
>>70204025
>my girlfriend isn't half the woman she is
She could be pushing 400 and that would still be true
>>
>>70194375

>There's some back up now, now that the trailer has been out, but you do have to admit that there was vitriolic hate for this film before any of the casting was done, based soley on the fact that it's a cast full of women.

Hi, Tumblr.

Don't you have some "toxic tropes" to go complain about?
>>
She's objectively wrong.

She should have just stuck with "don't you losers have something more important to get mad about?".

Which is correct.
>>
>>70194632

I expect a slew of damage-control articles.

I expect the words "sexism", "we have a long way to go", "inclusivity" and "mother's basement" to show up a lot.
>>
Went to see the newest addition to the fox flop house with X-men yesterday

Group of girls sat about 2 rows ahead of my friends and I, the trailer for the reboot came on, talked loud enough to be heard clearly, and at first the nerd in me was driven nuts but the "who the hell are ghost busters" comment one girl said, but then a smile burst across my face as the other said "who care's that looked terrible" it was at that point my faith in humanity was restored...then I watched apocalypse and thanked god my buddy owed me a movie ticket and I didn't actually pay to watch that filth.
>>
>>70205205
The only people that actually want to see this movie are the ones doing it out of spite, as far as I can tell from looking at tags for it online

Almost no excited buzz or genuine interest, but lots of people swearing to see it at least three times and drag their friends along. More than one saying no matter how bad it is. Nobody actually thinks this is going to be good, its just their political hill to die on.
>>
>>70204822
I think it's more about protecting their own egos.
If the movie bombs harder than Ally attacks on Dresden, which it almost certainly will,they'll feel better believing it's because of troll misogynists than because their work was awful
>>
>>70196880

Great idea to insult original Ghostbusters fans, and millenials who've never even heard of it before.
>>
Loved her on Mike and Molly won't deny it, I enjoyed the show.

But she has yet to portray a character in the movies that I haven't wanted to shit kick across the continent.
>>
>>70197925

No, those are mean girls insults. It's all females have.

>You're not even popular!
>>
>>70204066

Lol, I love when asshats try to slip in a false premise
>>
>>70201496
/thread

Attacking and insulting the target audience will lead to success at the box office. Never go full retard.
>>
File: Women Running Television.png (1 MB, 440x3784) Image search: [Google]
Women Running Television.png
1 MB, 440x3784
>>70194730

>It's why there are no women-only business or organizations that make high achievements. They're nasty, morally inferior in general and should be subjugated.

This.
>>
>>70194296
i descrive her as an unfunny comedian and i hope she finds talent
>>
The real tragedy is this whole shitfest might have been avoided if sony just left the negative comments up on the initial trailer when they came in and didn't draw extra attention onto themselves.

It could've flown under the radar as just another shit reboot, but now the Streisand Effect is in full force.
>>
>>70194296
>lonely people without love in their lives
Where's the lie?
>>
>>70194795

>We do need more female leading roles, more all female cast movies. More serious roles for women.

Why?

WHY do we need that?
>>
File: Tron Guy.jpg (32 KB, 500x351) Image search: [Google]
Tron Guy.jpg
32 KB, 500x351
>>70194978

>fake world of the internet
>>
>>70206383

I don't know. There were articles about people "hate watching" Peter Pan Live.

They might figure it's in the vein of "no such thing as bad publicity."
>>
>>70206477
Uh... because it's 2016?
>>
>>70206477

Because every actor is a representative for their entire gender, race, sexual orientation, and dishwasher detergent preference.
>>
>>70206477

This.

It seems with the latest push for MUH FEMINISM in movies that, in fact, it's demonstrably the opposite:

We need less women in leading roles because when they are in leading roles, the show / film is shit.

We need less all female cast movies, because all female cast movies are shit.

We need less serious roles for women, because when given serious roles, actresses universally fuck them up.
>>
>>70206564
so what...no one wants to see that shit
>>
Its just a movie.

Movies are being tailored more and more to women. Could be becuase they are the one most likely to pay for a movie,or the reason to pay for a ticket.
Or maybe movies are tailored towards little girls becuase they will be the ones shouldering responsibility in the future. Or they are the demographic most likely to get a ticket.

Its a movie
Its supposed to be fun
Hopefully my neices will have a good time watching it.
>>
>>70194296
All memes Aside, I am 34 years old and have been married 10 years.

My wife likes the film even less than I do and making an all female remake is retarded.
>>
>>70194795
You see though male or female remakes have never been recieved well.

What the audience needs to know is that
[Spoiler]YOU WILL NEVER VIEW YOUR CHILDHOOD THE SAME WAY THROUGH THE EYES YOU HAVE NOW. [/spoiler]
>>
File: 251100_5_.jpg (42 KB, 599x360) Image search: [Google]
251100_5_.jpg
42 KB, 599x360
>>70206617
>We need less women in leading roles because when they are in leading roles, the show / film is shit.

Oh yeah, Halloween, Alien, Terminator, Silence of the Lambs, Kill Bill, V for Vendetta, everything by Studio Ghibli - all shit. Ghostbusters being shit has nothing to do with it being poorly written, directed and acted. It's just because it has women in leading roles.
>>
>>70196200

>I want a movie about a woman who is a captive for ISIS, being beaten and raped daily. Eventually using the only tools she has against men, her looks and brains, to escape.
That makes no sense at all
You have a man who absolutely despises this woman, who is incredibly religiously driven and barely speaks English and you want him to be seduced?
>>
>>70194296
If only she could find a salad and a joke book.
>>
>>70206564

Thanks, John.
>>
>>70207159
>ISIS
>barely speaks English

Half of 'em grew up in England desu lad
>>
>>70196200
These are all terrible ideas desu.
>>
>>70194632
Depends on how bad it flops.

A huge flop will mean damage control and you'll probably get a "traditional" Ghostbuster movie franchise with an all guy cast greenlighted ASAP so they can try and salvage the brand, since Sony is desperate to resurrect Ghostbusters as a viable IP.

If it makes any money or has a good opening weekend THEN collapses, it will be championed as a cult classic and you'll get a slew of articles blaming men for it's failure and demanding a sequel or some sort of continuation (cartoon or comic).
>>
>>70200440
>Remind me again why you think we care for your opinion?

Because you replied, sperg.
>>
>>70194296
In all fairness it's not the actresses fault, they got casted for a multi million dollar franchise with the promise of being a trilogy. They aren funny funny, they are women funny in the way that women enjoy seeing them in harmless movies
So of course they take it, and I do believe they did their best but they where horribly .messages into a movie with a shitty script and right after the whole reaction from everyone the camera was pointed at them with having to decide between pissing off the Audience or Sony what could they possibly do?
>>
>>70203927
Make sure to take your wifes son with you.
>>
>>70205939
Most 4chan insults are women-tier which really says a lot about the people here.
>>
>>70208074
They could shut the fuck up and let the film come out that way, when it flops, they can save face by shitting on the film and admitting that it was dog shit and hope by being honest with how horrible it is, that fans will forgive them for agreeing to be cast in the film.
>>
>>70207572
They can't do a traditional ghostbusters movie if it flops because no matter what the outcome of that is bad
Movie is good:
>People only like the movie because it has men starring in it! Sony is a bunch of misogynists who don't support women and drop them as soon as MRA complain!
Movie is bad:
>movie is bad and does badly
>>
>>70208141
and bill murray could tell everyone to stay away from this piece of shit right?
>>
File: captain america.jpg (8 KB, 236x197) Image search: [Google]
captain america.jpg
8 KB, 236x197
>>70194296
I may not have a waifu, but you movie still a-shit.

I will celebrate my right to FREEDOM and boycott your movie
>>
>>70198862
So they can make le semen jokes. It's obvious from the director and the actresses in this movie that they will go for the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>70194296
well i had a friend but she ate him, so now i'm friendless
>>
>ITT: insecure manbabies
toxic masculinity at it's finest
>>
>>70208745
based
>>
File: GhostBait.png (3 KB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
GhostBait.png
3 KB, 320x200
>>70208745
time to buy fresh bait
>>
>>70197260
To be fair Capcom told them to make it as different as possible when Ninja Theory proposed characters similar to the original, and that's a dangerous thing to do with someone as idiotic and egomaniacal as Tameem is at the helm.
>>
>>70194978
having a friend will not change my opinion about this shit movie
>>
HOLD ON A MINUTE GUYS

GUYS.

DID ANYONE ELSE THINK, THIS ENTIRE TIME, FOR THE PAST YEAR OR SO, THAT THIS WOMAN WAS JENNIFER ANISTON?

I WAS JUST LOOKING UP THE CAST FOR THIS MOVIE, AND I WAS WONDERING WHERE JENNIFER ANISTON'S NAME WAS - AND I FOUND KRISTEN WIIG.

WTF.
>>
>>70199312
Wasn't that what St Vincent was? Apparently she was good in that.
>>70199595
>No medium should allow this kind of unprofessional attitude
That's what we said about video games. You were warned, anon.
>>
>>70194296
She is pretty right. A lot of these people would be doing more important and meaningful things if they just had friends to hang out with and go places with every once in a while.
>>
Wasn't the black one the only one to really not give a shit about the criticism and just brush it off without antagonising anyone? Gotta respect that to some degree.
>>
Honestly, everytime you guys screamed
>Shit b/c woman washing

You guys were wrong every single time.

I didnt watch mad max
I didnt watch star wars

Both those movies were good and i don't know why you were butt mad becuase of it.
>>
>>70194606
>you hate the movie? You just have a small penis!
>haha no i dont feminist you havnt seen my penis how would you know if its small! Checkmate :^)
>How would you know the movie is bad if you havnt seen it then

They have you in a corner now
>>
>>70208942
No you just think all white women look the same you racist. They just all dress the same - pastel cardigans with khaki capris and eating yogurt
>>
>>70209061
I agree anon. Doesn't make me want to see the movie, but she was tellin them niggas to chill
>>
>>70194375
Did not expect to see a reasonable opinion on 4chinz. Upboat good sir
>>
>>70197180
Fucking based.
>>
>>70208801
>Type E to end
I wish this was an option for the new movie too.
>>
>>70209408
end the movie or just end in general?
>>
File: flagsofmysonsfather.gif (872 KB, 964x931) Image search: [Google]
flagsofmysonsfather.gif
872 KB, 964x931
>>70199217
See this one next, it's right up your alley
>>
>>70199217
alone or with your wife's son?
>>
>>70209450
The movie. And maybe the director too.
>>
>>70208942
Stop comparing yourself to based Jen, Kristen. We can all see you're ugly as shit.
>>
>>70207159
>You have a man who absolutely despises this woman, who is incredibly religiously driven and barely speaks English and you want him to be seduced?

ISIS is actually very corrupt and irreligious who only use religion to force their will upon other people. They justify things like raping children and having sex with non-Muslim women all the time because they're a bunch of perverts.

A woman could easily trick and seduce one of them.
>>
>>70194375
EXCUSE ME? I AM A WOMAN AND WHAT YOU ARE DOING RIGHT NOW SOUNDS A LOT LIKE MANSPLANEING!
I WILL CONTACT THE PROPERTY OF THIS WEBSITE AND FILE A RECLAIM AGAINST YOU, SIR. I AM AN OPPRESSED MINORITY, I WILL INFORM MY LAWYERS. I AM VERY RICH SO I ASSURE YOU WE'LL GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS.
>>
shows what she knows no women would ever be interested in me then again i also dont care about this movie either way
>>
File: 1454538645096.jpg (2 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1454538645096.jpg
2 MB, 2000x2000
>>70194296
>that desperation
>>
>>70194375
This faggot here gets it in a way.

Nobody gives films the benefit of the doubt these days, but to be fair--haven't we all been burned before? I don'thynk we can write it off as Goober Gators, we've all just burned too many times before.
>>
File: 1461386344367.jpg (18 KB, 507x518) Image search: [Google]
1461386344367.jpg
18 KB, 507x518
>>70197260

>/v/ here
>>
For real though, you fags ruin everything you touch by engaging in such bitter hatred towards feminists or anything you perceive as being liked by feminists. You can't simply dislike something and move on, you have to make yourself feel like you're being persecuted by what it is you don't like to the point where it seeps into every single thing you do, where you end up making some kind of anti feminist commentary in everything you say. It's really fucking irritating honestly.

You could have easily just let this Ghostbusters thing be at the funny dying child picture, but you couldn't fucking control yourselves and now you've memed your hate into the spotlight again where all you've accomplished is validating the victim narrative espoused by feminists
>>
>>70209159
Trailers, plenty of evidence to strongly suggest that the movie is bad. If they respond with "can't judge it if you haven't seen it", ask them how the fuck they cope with restaurants.
>>
>>70210338
This kind of shit you're doing in this post is annoying as fuck.
>>
>>70194296
Eat shit misogynistic fucks!
>>
>>70209159
that's when you show them your penis
>>
>>70210469
Yeah, the point is though is that you've latched onto this shitty trailer and your hate for it like a dog and won't let go instead of just shutting the fucking trailer off half way through and moving on like you would do with every other bad trailer
>>
>>70210500
EXCUSE ME?
are you the property of this website? Give me your address, I will send you a letter from my lowier! My cousin works for Salon. If she writes a piece on this website....oh my, you don't want to find yourself in that position, sir
>>
>>70210467
Everything you do or don't do pisses them off. If there had been no vitriol and we just ignored the shitty film, the dried up cunts would cry there was no hype.
>>
>>70210446
>Nobody gives films the benefit of the doubt these days

I am given a trailer, so I can give it the benefit of doubt. That's their sole reason to exist.
The trailer does not make me interested in the movie and has factual problems, as well as strongly common opinionated problems.

I cannot give this any more benefits of doubt than this.
>>
>>70210467
>For real though, you fags ruin everything you touch

>implying 4chan is relevant.

All the relevant hate comes from outside of here.
>>
>>70210446
Actually I do.

I watch online first. I part with cash if I deem it worthy of support.

That said, this >>70210606
>>
>>70209159
Because the trailer is shit?
>>
>>70210596
You fags literally use this board mostly as a platform to spout off things you think feminists would think about the things you like and to post links to feminist blog posts. Even the movies you do like you first and foremost think of through the lens of feminists not liking them, which has become the entirety of your discussion about them. You aren't even talking about the movie anymore, you're just talking about women don't understand it. Everything you do has become in some way defined by feminism, even if you're in opposition to it.
>>
>>70210650
This place is the backroom of reddit and twitter in this era. Let's not pretend like the user base here isn't the same group of people as Reddit for the most part
>>
>>70209159
>You have to see every movie ever now!
>>
>>70194296
Man, I wish I could blame all my failures on other people being lonely.
>>
>>70210768
>Feminism is everywhere
>We're sick of it
>We bitch and mock
Hard to grasp?
>>
>>70210846
Do you understand that you guy are the ones who make up most of the feminist arguments against yourselves that you're getting mad at?
>>
>>70210884
That was my first post.
On /tv/.

Ever.
>>
>>70206617
We need more actual good leads. Some of them can be of feminine sex. We don't need movies that use gender as gimmick.

We could also use some segregation. Movies need to get better grasp on who they are trying to appeal to.
>>
>they continue to shit on the primary audience for this movie

do they really think feminists are coming out in force to see ghostbusters
>>
WHY DOES SHE ALWAYS LOOK SO HUNGRY IN EVERY PICTURE
>>
>>70210884
>Feminism is all in your heads
Can't wake up.
>>
>>70210872
>Feminism is everywhere

It's a much, MUCH smaller issue than anyone here makes it out to be. If every shitposter would just shut the fuck up and "vote with their wallet", the problem would resolve itself.
>>
>>70210872
You're the ones who spread it all over this place and shove it in each others faces. Every single fucking thread has this element in it. It only feels like it's everywhere because you jam it in to every single fucking thing you do, and make sure that every single new feminist blog post that gets put up on the Internet gets a platform here and discussed in depth. You do it to yourselves
>>
File: a totally regular non numale.jpg (167 KB, 1024x887) Image search: [Google]
a totally regular non numale.jpg
167 KB, 1024x887
>>70210955
>>70210884
>>70210768
>>
>>70210947
It's not even just about that, it's about not fucking thinking of everything in a feminist context, which includes oppositions to feminism. Literally any woman in any movie gets bitched about for supporting feminism even if the movie has nothing to do with feminist thought.

I don't know if most of the people here even know what to do or think anymore if they didn't have feminism to be opposed to
>>
>>70211015
>Ever notice how SJWs are always complaining about stuff?

Everyone complains about everything. It's the fucking internet, that's the point of it.
>>
>>70210947
>It's only Ghostbusters
You need to move out from under that rock.
>Implying anyone here will pay to see it
You new to this whole internet thing...?
>>
It's 2016, the internet is as enormous as it is fast. You can send text, pictures, video, and live communication across the entire globe within seconds. You can talk to people from literally anywhere in any language and (roughly) understand that no matter what. You can make music, do work, watch movies, and play games with people you may or may not know that would have NEVER met in real life even under the best circumstances.

But everyone on the internet is a friendless, lonely virgin according to people who don't like hearing opinions.
>>
>>70211050
>You need to move out from under that rock.

Where the fuck did you get the limitation to Ghostbusters from? Learn to read.

>You new to this whole internet thing...?

I would bet money that a big percentage of fuckwits here will pay for, if not Ghostbusters, then 90% of the other movies /tv/ has a shitfit about.
>>
>>70210955
You're free to leave, filter or shut up.

These issues exist, people react. The scale may be skewed, but we don't manufacture the issue.
>>
I don't get the hate for her, she doesn't do "muh vagina" jokes, she mostly just does physical comedy, I think she's fine
>>
>>70211015
Not everything fits into fucking memes anon. There seriously aren't any feminists or sjws on this board, but you fags bring the same bitchy victim mentality with your incessant cries of being persecuted by feminism. You exhibit impotent angst that is unfounded. You don't even have real thoughts of your own, you just are contrary to what your perceived enemy thinks
>>
>>70210768
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Femen movement, and I’ve been involved in numerous inflammatory comments on MRA blog posts, and I have over 300 confirmed replies. I am trained in gender discrimination and I’m the top intellectual in the entire US diversity enrichment program. You are nothing to me but just another shitlord. I will wipe you the fuck out with ad-hominems the likes of which has never been seen before on this sexist earth, mark my fucking microagressions. You think you can get away with saying that mysoginy to me over the Internet? Think again, rapist. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of powa sisters across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, baby man. The menstrual storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call independent thought. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can bitch anywhere, anytime, and I can re-tweet you with over seven hundred gender pronouns, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in twitter shaming, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States LGBTQZYUUITLFMV squad and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable masculinity off the face of the internet, you little shitlord. If only you could have known what equality and multicultural retribution your little “mysoginist” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking mansplaining. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will mentruate all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo..
>>
>>70211098
>Stop having opinions.
No?
>>
>>70211105
No, you've seriously fucking made yourselves out to be victimized the exact same way feminists do. You've adopted a pervasive persecution complex that bleeds into every level of your thought
>>
File: kirk-vs-picard.jpg (30 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
kirk-vs-picard.jpg
30 KB, 600x300
>>70211078
I'm sorry but I don't follow your meaning. Could you rephrase that in the form of an argument about Star Trek? This IS the internet after all
>>
>>70211142
What do you hope to achieve by crying about it?
>>
>>70211155
You people on this board really can't read, can you? Good fucking god, no wonder it's so bad here.
>>
>>70211181
Let's assume you're right.

Why are you still here if it pisses you off so much?
>>
>>70211042
That's what faggots always tell themselves to justify their shitty behavior. "Everyone else is acting like a faggot, so obviously I have to act like a faggot too!". No, you don't have to complain about feminism every single fucking day you're on the Internet. You choose to do it because you most likely don't have any other thoughts to share about anything
>>
>>70211202
Feel free to fuck off then.
>>
>>70211234
Is that why you're acting like a faggot too?
>>
>>70206874
>Its a movie
>Its supposed to be fun

Some people actually believe this.
>>
>>70210846
>You should always judge a book by its cover.

Theres trailers that were better than the movie.
>>
>>70211189
To get you fags to stop playing the victim card so I don't have to see you bitch about feminism every day

>>70211221
I want to talk about fucking television and movies anonymously anon. I don't even feel like I can have a genuine conversation anymore without you fags ruining it with your short sighted memetic conceptions of the current state of popular thought. There's no movie I cam post about that won't either be bitched about for being perceived as feminist, or have the irritating as fuck "women will never get this" shit spewed at it, while these men saying that aren't even getting it themselves
>>
>>70210909
>Complaining about roles in a film based on gender

The allegorical irony is a rare treat.
>>
>>70211269
If all you can do is imitate what I'm saying, or spout off "no, you are!" you clearly have nothing to say. Just acknowledge how annoying you faggots have become because you've let feminism so deeply into your thoughts.
>>
>>70211376
fuck off to tumblr where you belong then
>>
I'm gonna see it three times because of all these threads, and lonely, male tears haha
>>
>>70210913
You're still going to buy a ticket and watch it
Or you are going to torrent it and watch it
Alone
In your room
With the lights off

McCarthy wins either way you gunts.
>>
>>70207113

Studio Ghibli's gimmick has pretty must ended the studio.
>>
>>70211376
>I want everyone to think how I do, talk about stuff I like and hush about topics that trigger me
So why are you HERE?
>>
>>70211414
You've turned this board into such an active platform for feminist thought that I don't even need to go to tumblr, because you fags will just take any new feminist talking point that is conceived there and post it here for the largest audience that you can. All you people do anymore is post screenshots of feminist twitter and tumblr posts. Anything that a feminist says will inevitably get a thread on this board
>>
>>70210227
>They justify things like raping children and having sex with non-Muslim women all the time

There is nothing in the Quran that says they can't lol
>>
>>70211453
No, I think that'll be you, because no one here gives a shit except it'll go a little different
>Furiously jerking it to the she-boon like you were the last two endangered Silverback gorillas in Africa trying to bring back the population
>>
>>70210947
We are the paragon of critics
We put everything under a lense
If you knew what the true memers know
You'd know that everything means something else on here. Even if we have to make it some inside joke.
>>
>>70211413
Do you have a point?
Make it.
>>
>>70211487
I'm having trouble following your conversation, can you make a username so I know who's saying what?
>>
>>70211487
>I hate it here
>But I won't leave
>It's everyone's fault but mine
>>
>>70211483
You've all harshly aberrated from the potential of this place and you need to be corrected. You need to directly acknowledge that you've gotten fucked up in the head and have become deeply entrenched in bitter impotence. I'm HERE right now to make sure you know that your opposition to feminism doesn't give your righteous indignation, it's only made you into an irritating faggot
>>
>>70211105
Dude
Hype is born and dies here
You do know they pay shills to hype stuff
And they put disinfo agents and psyops guys to steer our woldviews.
>>
>>70194896
>Flip the fuck out and hit them

Only niggers do this. The correct response:

>Whip out your dick
>If she scoffs with her fat face and says "I..I'VE SEEN BIGGER HAHAHA", then just let it grow
>Let it grow
>>
>>70211592

>Bitter Impotence

Which is Feminism summed entirely up in one phrase

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NATURE MADE MEN STRONGER THAN ME LET ME RAGE ABOUT IT FOR THE REST OF MY DAYS

Lel get bent.
>>
>>70211592
>Righteous Indignation
>Irritating faggot
You see the irony?
>>
>>70211615
Go back to /x/ friend.
>>
>>70211515
Stop having discussions in the context of feminist thought, whether it's ironic feminism or outright opposition to feminism, it's still just incessant discussion of the feminist narrative woven into every single thing you touch. Can you discuss anything that isn't in the context of things that you hate? I doubt it at this point. There's literally no fucking way at this point that we could have a thread about a movie starring a woman or any female character without it eventually becoming about how everyone feels so persecuted by feminism
>>
>>70211564
No, it literally is your fault and not mine.
>>
>>70211615
And if there are disinfo agents and "pysops" they get washed away with the other threads. The people that let their worldviews changed because an anonymous user told them so are stupid
>>
>>70211711
>Stop it.
No.
>But it triggers me!!
And?
>>
>>70211638
And you've become the exact same thing that you once hated. You've let feminist sentiment take the lead in your thinking
>>
>>70211731
Wow, you're just a moron or autismal.
>>
>>70211735
the >disinfo agents and "pysops"

are the shows and the movies.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.