[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So are OUR SG-1 dead?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (103 KB, 1310x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
103 KB, 1310x720
So are OUR SG-1 dead?
>>
File: GeorgeHammondConfused.jpg (108 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
GeorgeHammondConfused.jpg
108 KB, 700x393
GOOLD?
>>
>>70185671
Yes. The timeline is restored, they have a ZPM now but at the price of the one team that we followed being dead. Basically everything had to happen anew.
>>
>>70185671
Yes. ;_;
>>
>>70185671
zey are now :^)
>>
>>70185974
That is terribly unsatisfying.
>>
>>70186103
I hate you...
>>
>>70185974
You mean at the price of the team created by the 2010 episode.
>>
>>70186558
2010 did not erase the team that we followed for four years unlike Moebius. The team in the Aschen future was not "our" team.
>>
File: sexually broken.png (102 KB, 681x406) Image search: [Google]
sexually broken.png
102 KB, 681x406
>tfw Stargate is dead and never coming back
>>
>>70187073
Roland Emmerich is making part one of a new trilogy after Independence Day 2
>>
>>70187155
He just said that.
>>
>>70187330
nope, that's actually happening
http://www.geek.com/news/stargate-movie-trilogy-reboot-signs-writers-from-independence-day-2-1615081/
>>
>>70186774
You can't be sure of that though. Team one still would've had to live through that future to make team two. Even if we had been following team two this whole time (which isn't really established), they still aren't the original team.
>>
>>70187422
Why are you repeating what I said?
>>
>>70187661
so emmerich and devlin and the writers are all lying to the press and they're not really making that movie, they're just saying it to fuck with the internet and MGM doesn't care to correct this
>>
File: over you're head.jpg (33 KB, 512x372) Image search: [Google]
over you're head.jpg
33 KB, 512x372
>>70187915
>>
I remember MGM saying SG was the biggest franchise they had besides James Bond and would never let it die.

I hate those fuckers.
>>
>>70187915
The thing, why the fuck would you be excited or even interested in anything Emmerich does with the franchise.
Literally the only good movie he has ever directed is Stargate, and even that is good only because it spawned SG-1.
The new movies will completely disregard over a decade's worth of beloved TV because it wasn't "the story Emmerich wanted to tell" like anybody gives a fuck.
>>
>>70188377
i legitimately love the movie on its own terms and have no problem with an alternate universe or whatever the fuck you want to call it
>>
File: 1447555004754.jpg (196 KB, 570x432) Image search: [Google]
1447555004754.jpg
196 KB, 570x432
>>70188377
>Literally the only good movie he has ever directed is Stargate, and even that is good only because it spawned SG-1.

The Stargate fandom is so fickle. I can't understand how people can be so divided between each of the iterations. (excepting SGU purely for tonal reasons) I thought the movie was great, and each successive series did a good job of honoring the continuity of the preceding stories, even SGU.
>>
No, it's the same team. The only difference is that they managed to get a ZPM that was sent to Atlantis,and the pond has fish.
>>
>>70189022
Wrong. Everyone literally dies.
>>
>>70185671
You know what the problem was with this show?
They get fucking starships by the end and it's still some super ultra secret program. Like they don't want to tell humanity they can do interstellar travel and shit until the galaxy is cleared and conquered towards Earth's advantage with Jaffa allies. There are primitive human tribes on other planets that know more about the stargate than some of the people on the fucking base. Every interesting development, every battle, every policy decision is going to be scrutinized and examined for centuries after the fact-not to mention how it blows the lid off of most of what's understood about human origins and earth prehistory. By making the discoveries and shit slowly and releasing them-hey, there are humans on other planets! Hey, aliens abducted primitive tribes and displaced them! Hey, these aliens posed as gods! Hey, we discovered a cure for death that progressively makes you more and more insane! Hey, there's a human sub-species that needs worms to survive; also, those worms are egotistical megalomaniacs with the emotional maturity of a 14 year old on meth!-they would ultimately have a WHOLE lot less explaining to do.
>>
>>70189623
the third SG-1 movie that got canned was supposed to be about the revelation of the stargate program to the public
>>
>>70189623
In other realities the program was disclosed.
>>
>>70189679
>>70189846
Great. And in alternate realities the goolds conquered earth. The only canon is the events we follow that do not contradict one another.
>Canned third movie
So it never actually happened.
>>
>>70191141
Canon is everything the show depicts. I think you meant continuity.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.