[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Curb vs. Louie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: jouie.jpg (1 MB, 3000x1500) Image search: [Google]
jouie.jpg
1 MB, 3000x1500
>Which one is better?
>what did you like in one vs. other?
>>
>>70174381
Curb because it's more light-hearted
Curb doesn't really have any heavy handed messages. It just depicts people's flaws in a humorous way. Louis can just leave you feeling guilty or depressed if the comedy falls flat or gets too real
>>
>>70174381
I like Curb better, because Larry just wants you to cringe and/or laugh. Louie used to do that, but then he started with 3 legged dogs and wanted you to feel miserable.
>>
>>70174381
Curb is just Louie with a better budget
>>
>>70176529

No, Curb is much more lighthearted.
>>
Curb is absolutely better.
Louie veers into all that drama stuff that's never gonna be very fulfilling. It banks too much on feeling sympathy for Louie and doesn't do much to earn it.
Larry David is just trying to make the audience laugh.
>>
Curb on all fronts

once louis went into all that experimental/depressing crap the show stopped being funny.
>>
Louie is/was shit. Not funny or fun at all. Meme show for basement neckbeards who feel guilty they weren't old/smart enough to watch Curb in its heyday. Fuck Louie and his fans.

That being said, One Foot in the Grave will always be the very best cringe-humor comedy.
>>
>>70176702
I don't think you're supposed to feel sympathy for Louie, or at least, that isn't how I interpreted it. I always felt that you're supposed to recognize that not only are those he encounters flawed, but he too is flawed. Instead of having a cynical pessimism of the world, or a blind optimism, I see the show as representing a form of realism regarding the nature of humanity, albeit demonstrated in a conflictingly surrealist manner.
>>
>>70176529
that's one dumb statement
>>
I love Curb, it's a show I could rewatch anytime.

I've seen Louie and it's fun but it's not memorable to me (one of the scenes I remember is the one with a fat kid with diarrhea taking a bath).
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.