[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Top 5 Movies of all Time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8
File: 11259345555_31159b8aa4_b.jpg (257 KB, 1024x622) Image search: [Google]
11259345555_31159b8aa4_b.jpg
257 KB, 1024x622
1. TMNT 2: The Secret of the Ooze
2. Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls
3. Goon
4. Grease 2
5. Home Alone 2: Lost in New York

These are my 5 most replayed/watched so I consider them my favorite. Post yours and let's compare /tv/ anons. Call me names or whatever, I don't care. These will forever be my favorite movies of all time.
>>
Die hard
Home alone
Murder by death
The dark knight
Airplane
>>
Mulholland Drive
The Holy Mountain
Kairo
The Machinist
Zootopia
>>
>>70157340

This is an honest question, why do you prefer the first Home Alone over the second? OP by the way, obviously ha.
>>
>>70156783
>These are my 5 most replayed/watched so I consider them my favorite
This is a really stupid way to judge favorites. Even as an adult your favorite movies are shit you watched on vhs over and over when you were 8?
>>
>>70157541
The Machinist is a great movie. Watched it over last summer. Watched about half of Mulholland Drive recently, was into it then I had to go get my son from school, haven't finished it yet. Why Zootopia? Is it that good? My wife took my son to see it but I didn't get to go because of work. Or is it because of the bunny?
>>
>>70157545
>why do you prefer the first Home Alone over the second
Because the second one is an almost exact copy of the first.
>>
>>70157625
Not just when I was 8 but still. I made my wife watch them, she enjoyed about half the list. I watched them with my 5 year old son, except for Goon, he loved them all and asks to watch them all the time. Maybe that says something about me I guess but I don't care, I'm just trying to find out what everyone likes. My honorable mention would be Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, which my son also loves. Why wouldn't I want to keep watching these movies if I've enjoyed them through my whole life and am able to pass that enjoyment to my son? What are your top 5? Maybe I've seen some of them, maybe I haven't. I'd like to know though at least to check them out. I've luckily got a lot of time on my hands. I know my top 5 are considered childish and overall bad but I love it. Try and change my mind if you care about what I watch enough to respond my man.
>>
Jurassic Park
The Matrix
Pan's Labyrinth
Spider-Man 2
Children of a Lesser God
>>
>>70157695
That's true, same for The Secret of the Ooze pretty much. Maybe it's just because I saw HA2 and TMNT2 before I saw the originals.
>>
In no particular order:

Batman Begins
3:10 To Yuma
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Tombstone
Dances With Wolves
>>
>>70157778
You are mentally a child if Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 is your favorite movie. I cannot comprehend an adult man sincerely enjoying it outside of nostalgia.

The fact that 4 out of 5 are sequels tells me these are just movies you owned as a kid, and you prefer them over the first because you had to
>>
File: file.png (678 KB, 691x619) Image search: [Google]
file.png
678 KB, 691x619
what the fuck is going on in this thread
>>
Fellowship
Fistful of Dollars
Dazed and Confused
Robocop
Ferris Buellers Day Off

Honorable mentions to Blue Velvet and Bladerunner
>>
>>70157810
Jurassic Park is great, all of them in my opinion honestly. I've never seen any of the Matrix movies. I recommend Pans Labyrinth all the time. I'm too drunk to remember what happens in Spiderman 2 but I know I've seen it. I've heard of the last one but have never seen it or know what it's about.
>>
>>70157645
Objectively speaking it's not the greatest movie ever made or anything, but the atmosphere is fantastic and it's bar none the highest quality animation I've ever seen. The attention to detail is just off the charts. Strong characters, gorgeous designs, great world building, real message without coming off as preachy. In the context of being a children's movie, there's only a couple ways it could've been improved.
>>
No particular order

Starship Troopers
Freddy Got Fingered
Dune
In the Mouth of Madness
I Heart Huckabees
>>
>>70157857
Batman Begins restarted my interest in comic book movies. I just recently started getting into westerns so I haven't seen 310 or Tombstone yet. Raiders is a movie I watch when it's on tv, I never really got into Indiana Jones. Dances With Wolves I have yet to see but will soon. I have a dvd copy I got from a place I used to work that's split into 2 discs.
>>
>>70157895
>Speed Racer
Absolute kinotaste, my friend.
>>
>>70157545
not him but 3 is GOAT
>>
File: Miami Vice.jpg (4 MB, 3640x5054) Image search: [Google]
Miami Vice.jpg
4 MB, 3640x5054
>>70158073
yeah, dude. great film. super underappreciated.
>>
>>70158047
Raiders is one of my favorites purely of nostalgia. I was barely old enough to walk when my grandpa first showed me that movie. When I was a little kid I wanted to be Indiana Jones.
>>
>>70157891

I feel you, I'm 27 and pretty much everything you said is true. Nostalgia is heavily a part off what I base it on. I love watching those movie because they were the ones me and my brothers would put on to go to sleep at night because they were our favorites back then. It wasn't because we had to, it was because we saw them first pretty much. I just can't get into the originals of those movies like I can what I listed. I'm happily married, have a son, and work a job I don't hate. If I'm considered a manchild by the movies I like then fuck it dawg. I'm not worried about opinions. Sorry for typing so much, I'm drunk and bored.
>>
File: Image.jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
12 KB, 225x225
>>70158131
>looks like cheap trash
This and Collateral are nauseating to watch.
>>
1. Back To The Future
2. Trainspotting
3. Blue Velvet
4. The Big Lebowski
5. Amelie
>>
>>70157917

Haven't seen Fistful yet but great list.
>>
File: Sorcerer.jpg (4 MB, 3082x4620) Image search: [Google]
Sorcerer.jpg
4 MB, 3082x4620
>>70158236
what's it like to be cinematically illiterate, dude? the lack of clarity in the images is a deliberate choice. the gritty digital and blurred motion heavily tie into the thematic content of Mann's recent work.
>>
>>70157917
I forgot to put this but I was talking to my wife today about how we should watch Ferris Bueller again soon. Not that it matters ha.
>>
>>70158273
Thanks, it's funny I absolutely love horror movies, and love old black and white Hollywood movies, but I wouldn't put any of them on my favorite list. It really is those movies I saw when I was young that I always come back to
>>
>>70157960

I'll have to grab it when it comes to Bluray, I'm sure my son will want to watch it again. Plus I'm a Jason Bateman fan.
>>
City of God
Ddongpari
Gangs of Wasseypur
In Bruges
Son of Saul
>>
File: Heatposter.jpg (25 KB, 298x433) Image search: [Google]
Heatposter.jpg
25 KB, 298x433
>>70158320
>it looking like shit adds deeper context pleb
*le tip
pic related Manns last good movie. Keep dick riding anon
>>
>>70158007
Haven't seen Dune or ITMOM but I have a copy of Dune I haven't got around to yet. I don't get a lot of time to watch movies by myself so hopefully I'll get to watch it soon. I enjoyed everything else I've seen on the list though.
>>
File: 03.png (2 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
03.png
2 MB, 1920x800
>>70158451
lmao okay you meme loving autist

have fun being incapable of appreciating anything that's not shot in 65/70mm
>>
>>70158124

The best, dude. And I'm not even a hockey fan ha.
>>
>>70158132

That's awesome, as you can tell most of my movies are based off nostalgia ha.
>>
>>70158271
Haven't seen Blue Velvet or Amelie yet but great list from the movies I've seen. I watched Trainspotting recently and was pissed at myself I hadn't watched it earlier from all the recommendations.
>>
1. Citizen Kane (1941)
2. The Rules of the Game (1939)
3. Battleship Potemkin (1925)
4. Vertigo (1958)
5. 8½ (1963)
>>
1. L'arrivée d'un train en gare de La Ciotat (1895)
2. Roundhay Garden Scene (1888)
3. Carmaux, défournage du coke (1896)
4. La Sortie de l'Usine Lumière à Lyon (1895)
5. Traffic Crossing Leeds Bridge (1888)
>>
>>70158640
I went to film school too bro
>>
1. The Human Centipede
2. Melancholie der Engel
3. A Serbian Film
4. Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom
5. Cannibal Holocaust
>>
>>70158366

You might be me dude. I love horror and old black and white, I just don't have a lot of time to watch them because my wife's not into it and I have a kid ha. I have so many backlogged horror movies, and black and white too, but it's hard to find the time. I have a whole bookcase of horror, black and white, and kung fu I need to somehow get around to ha.
>>
>>70158672
I didn't
>>
OP here if anyone cares. I've tried to respond to everything up until the dude who posted City of God as there favorite movie. I'm too drunk to go on, if this is still up tomorrow, once again if anyone cares, I'll try to respond to the rest of the posts. Thanks for helping me kill some drunken time my dudes. Hope you all have a good night.
>>
Lost Highway
Naked Lunch
Carnival of Souls
Vertigo
The Wedding Singer
>>
>>70158803

their* sorry. At least I think that's right.
>>
>>70158715
Qt? That you bro?
>>
File: matrix.jpg (116 KB, 580x313) Image search: [Google]
matrix.jpg
116 KB, 580x313
1. The Fellowship of the Ring
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrJJ6ncp1fc
2. The Matrix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEuZgK669zY
3. The Empire Strikes Back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvJDItC6tE0
4. The Land Before Time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzf0SFlicN8
5. The Lion King
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhEU3EF4jvM
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.