[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw 15 years of no MonsterVision >tfw no Joe Bob Briggs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
>tfw 15 years of no MonsterVision
>tfw no Joe Bob Briggs
>tfw when no comfy trailer sets
>tfw all tv/personalities today are some damn boring

How do you cope? Has there been any substitutes you've found? Long shot but has there been any Creepshow-like films with a series of short tales with Joe Bob Briggs as the narrator. Seems like that would be the next best/closest thing to a brand new series, and the only way possible he could've been incorporated into anything that's not just a cameo.

And by all that is holy, is there anyway to watch the old movies with his segments? Any surviving VHS-tier copies even? I miss that commentary.
>>
This on saturday nights and dinner and a movie on friday nights on TBS
There was a sunday afternoon horror movie on sundays on TBS too i think.

That was my weekend childhood.
>>
>>70154804
I think the format wet to social media.

I get my movies and bantz fix by going on a streaming site with a chat feature so i can watch and listen to a movie and read some comfy bantz from fellow anons at the sametime.
>>
jesus christ finally someone else acknowledges that monstervision existed. this fucking show is absent from the internet too, except for some shitty youtube clips. I remember watching phantasm and joes apartment on this like it was yesterday. if i dwell too much i might finally kill myself. no nothing at all like it. maybe some youtubers? but i dont keep up and they dont have themes usually just obnoxious fucking cunty whining.
>>
I listen to podcasts like "How Did This Get Made?" and "The Flop House". There's also Svengoolie on MeTV.
>>
>>70155937
Oh, and "Best of the Worst" on YouTube.
>>
>>70155904
Pretty much. Ted Turner could have been the CEO of Youtube.
>>
>>70155904
A stream with a chat isn't the same for me.It has it's value but John Bloom was interesting and informative with a hell of a lot of charisma and consistently entertaining. The movies where often times shit but he was so much fun watching them was a blast. Even when he's just seemingly going off on a tangent. He probably wouldn't go over well (or have to be severely neutered) today, best he stays where he is. And that makes me feel sad like anon >>70155918

https://youtu.be/_Iocg9IwkjE?t=53s
>>
>>70154804
>>tfw 15 years of no MonsterVision
I feel your pain OP
Youtube is great for finding clips of the show but finding a an uncut MonsterVision film is almost imposible.
>>
File: joebob-01av64jwejmr2qnkz3a8jga.jpg (85 KB, 650x972) Image search: [Google]
joebob-01av64jwejmr2qnkz3a8jga.jpg
85 KB, 650x972
>>70155918

Actually the James Rolfe aka the guy who is refusing to review the new Ghostbuster film is a fan of MonsterVison and even made a video about it a while back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8unM2OSGVm0
>>
>>70157606
I did find two full on youtube, stepfather and 2020 texas gladiators. I'm pretty happy with the videos collected on youtube, it's something. Also just discovered these dvd commentaries he did:

https://www.grindhousedatabase.com/index.php/Joe_Bob_Briggs/DVD_Commentary_Titles

might be cool
>>
File: joebob-01.jpg (106 KB, 1200x676) Image search: [Google]
joebob-01.jpg
106 KB, 1200x676
>>70157048
Agreed.
>>
>>70157048
I always thought he did a good job of hyping the movie by giving the highlights of the scary movie.
Also prepared those with weaker constitutions so they knew what to expect.
>>
What went wrong?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIjVLLWtI1c
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.