[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
X-Men
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (778 KB, 2046x1535) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
778 KB, 2046x1535
The Great Debate
>>
>>70137421
X2
>>
>tfw when insteasd of a straight sequal to first class they had to bring back all the old xmen for ebin crossover
>>
Is this a joke?
First Class is leagues better
>>
>implying all X-Men movies arent identical

same shit, different outfits
>>
Torrent when?
>>
They are both pretty bad.

I absolutely can not stand the scene where Lawrence and the other kids come up with the names for everyone. I cringed so hard that I got prostate cancer.

But first class is the only movie where I found jlaw to be attractive.

DoFP was pretty poopy, but huge actman saved it from being utter shit.
>>
Is there any film series with worse continuity then xmen?
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 660x371
Days of Future Past has Jackman's ass and the Quicksilver scene, it wins.
>>
DoFP, First Class was good but they barely used the fucking X-Men and then killed half of them off
>>
>>70137652
Dont you mean huge jacked man?
>>
Apocalypse > First Class > Days Of Future Past

All good movies nonetheless.
>>
>>70137652
>ass cancer
>regularly sticks things in his ass
good, now please die and leave us alone
>>
>>70137421
My problem with First Class was that it did what Apocalypse should have done. It should have established 'the kid characters', which SHOULD HAVE BEEN Cyclops, Jean, Storm, etc. It should have shown them having a good time, like Mystique and co. were.

Instead, we get Havok being a not-Cyclops, Mystique being Jennifer Lawrence acting like Jennifer Lawrence, a scrawny Beast, and the rest being disposable fodder that we don't need to give a shit about.
>>
File: image.jpg (921 KB, 1920x817) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
921 KB, 1920x817
>>70137706
IF I COULD SAVE TIME
IN A BOTTLE

https://youtu.be/1NnyVc8r2SM
>>
>>70137892
Let me correct myself. First Class should have done what it did with Apocalypse's cast. We could have given a shit about those kids.

Instead it's the Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, and Beast pity party. Also, Havok shows up sometimes for some reason.
>>
>>70137421
Days of Future Past had Wolverine in it, so it wins by default.
>>
>>70137766
My nigga, I really liked the new one.

It's such a crowd pleaser.
>>
First Class was make or break for the franchise and it more than made up for X3. Fassbender as Magneto was the game-breaker , amazing character.

Days of Future Past was meme-tier
>>
>>70137931
That's going to be the #1 thing that will suck if X-Men is lost to MCU. We'll lose this casting.

Hugh is already leaving. So there's not much we can do there.

I'll take 29 year old Evan Peters pretending to be a teenager over 25 year old Aaron Taylor Johnson being a grown adult any day.
>>
>>70137969
>what is, greatest cameo of all time?
>>
>>70137498
>We will never see the Magneto using his power to curve the magic bullet
>>
>>70138054
This
>>
>>70137931
The scene in Apocalypse actually one-upped this one, I was impressed.
>>
First Class
>GOAT casting of Fassbender as Magneto
>McAvoy being surprisingly good as a young, fun loving Professor X
>Jennifer Lawrence is actually trying
>Takes full advantage of being set in the past
>Actually has things like themes and subtext
>Isn't a memefest
>>
>>70138104
I agree, I loved the larger scale and added comedy.

Quicksilver solo movie when? I have a feeling The Flash won't be anywhere near this good..
>>
>tfw when the professor cant feel his legs
>>
>>70138104
I think the song selection was odd. I mean, it's an GOAT song, but "Time in a Bottle" at least made sense to his powers and humor.

>>70138177
>Jennifer Lawrence is actually trying
That's what makes current Mystique so painful. I remember how fun she was in First Class. "And you're name's Magneto!" She had such energy. Such spunk.

But then DoFP and A is supposed to be 'mature' Mystique, and for some reason, 'mature' Jennifer Lawrence is just Katniss.
>>
File: rouge.jpg (495 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
rouge.jpg
495 KB, 1000x1500
>>70137421
both pale in comparison to pic related
>>
>>70138286
No this is crap edition. Literally ruins a perfect flick
>>
>>70138286
Haven't watched. What does Rogue do?
>>
>>70138332
takes kitty's place after Wolverine does what he does best in his sleep.
>>
>>70138332
Crap shit. Goes and kick kitty pride and she makes wolverine make travel after wolverine cut kitty. Also has tons of shit scenes . Ruins magneto helmet scene .
Ruins future scenes

Also has rogue ice man ending instead of kitty
>>
>>70138424
Oh lame. I swear, Bryan Singer can't handle any of the female X-Men correctly.

>>70138436
I thought Rogue and Icemen were in already together in the normal ending.
>>
>>70138332
Slow down the movie and ruin the pacing.
>>
>>70137421
There's no fucking debate dumdum
>>
File: s7-xmenfirstclass.1080.webm (1 MB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
s7-xmenfirstclass.1080.webm
1 MB, 1920x816
first class
>>
>>70138985
I always forget how fucking amazing Kevin Bacon was at Sebastian Shaw.
>>
First class. Fassbender scene in Argentina was GOAT, and the soundtrack to the whole film was arguably the best in the whole series
>>
>>70138985
>>70139117

Apart from Magneto channeling the IRA on the beach everything about the last 15 minutes of First Class is 10/10 shit.
>>
>>70139699
I'm the second anon you mentioned, and yes, the last 15 minutes of the movie is shit.

Also, another problem with First Class: They wasted Emma Frost.
>>
File: rimmerargh2.jpg (20 KB, 220x310) Image search: [Google]
rimmerargh2.jpg
20 KB, 220x310
>>70138985
You can feel the coin exit Xaviers head
>>
>>70137452
This. X2 is objectively the best comic book movie made so far.
>>
despite major flaws, first class was bit better, only because days of future past is such a train wreck. what i hate most about dofp is all the implications on future x-men movies:
>kitty has the power to send people back in time to effectively erase any mistep the x-men make going forward
>quicksilver is overpowered and can basically do anything
>beast can take medicine to not be beast anymore
>mystique saves the president and becomes a hero
i feel like dofp effectively ruined the next two x-men movies until all that shit can be undone.
>>
spider man 2 or xmen 2?
>>
>>70139936
Watchmen/Iron Man/Dark Knight/Winter Soldier > X2
>>
>>70140077
To be fair: Kitty's powers wouldn't kick in until she's much older.

Mutants sometimes have extra mutations for plot convenience. Stuff like Angel having healing blood or Iceman becoming an Omega mutant that can switch between ice, water, and vapor.
>>
>>70137421
First Class is the best Xmen movie
Period
>>
I just wanted an X-Men Evolution style movie.
>>
>>70137498
>>70138238
>tfw when
>tfw when
Goddammit this triggers me
>>
>>70140135

HAHA FUCKING PLEB
>>
>>70140115
Spidey 2
>>
I thought the ending was retarded.

Sure, Magneto fucking with the ordnance was great, but it just seemed off compared to the rest of the movie.

I think that Days of Future Past was more mediocre throughout, but it maintained that mediocrity.
>>
>>70138553
it wasn't that bad. the reason they cut that stuff is that it messed with the flow of the movie. which it does, but for the case of seeing rogue and a little more magneto action it was alright. also bobby dies on the rescue instead of inside the citadel.
>>
Despite which movie is better, can we all agree this was the best scene in both movies?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvqAfXyDcQo
>>
>>70140445
xavier got pwned.
>>
>>70140077
>quicksilver is overpowered and can basically do anything
Thats not the movies fault. its the problem with literally any super fast hero.
in batman tower of babel. batman sees the flash as the strongest of all the other justice league. the mother fucker can vibrate through walls and shit.
Fast superheros are the most op
>>
>>70140077
Didn't Quicksilver get BTFO by Apocalypse?
>>
>>70140723
yep.
>>
>>70140659
Ever read the crossover comic where all the speedster Marvel heroes had a cosmic race, then Barry Allen (as 'Buried Alien', as I believe Barry had died recently) appeared only to absolutely trounce all of them?
>>
File: 1310332103443.jpg (12 KB, 247x314) Image search: [Google]
1310332103443.jpg
12 KB, 247x314
>>70137498
>mfw when my face when when you don't know shit about the x-men
>>
>>70137421
X2 > X3 > First Class > X1 > DoFP > Apocalypse >>>>>> Wolverine movies
>>
>>70140903
Well, yeah.
Quicksilver can move faster than the speed of sound.
Barry (and Wally too, I believe) can move faster than the speed of light.
>>
>>70140955
>X3 being better than FC, DoFP, or X1
No. I haven't seen Apoc, so I can't make that judgment, but X3 is unforgivably bad.

I will say this: Kelsey Grammar's Beast is the GOAT.
>>
File: 1344792777993.png (93 KB, 171x278) Image search: [Google]
1344792777993.png
93 KB, 171x278
>>70140135
Pleb.
>>
Apocalypse was fucking great, wasn't it, it hit the sweet spot with TV shows where you like and know the characters enough to truly give a shit + Phoenix being totally great

I want to watch it again.
>>
>>70140955
are you fucking serious? X3 is on the same level as the wolverine movies, with or without cgi lmao.
>>
>>70141305
it was fucking great. i laughed when i heard people say it was as bad as x3. the only way anything would be that bad would be if they just said fuck you guys and showed us x3 again.
>>
>>70141374
I could tell my GF wasn't enjoying it as much because she kept trying to make jokes and I was like bitch please, I've been waiting to see a proper Phoenix+Apocalypse arc since before I even knew you existed.
>>
>Acting
First Class

>Characters
First Class

>Villain
DoFP

>Visuals(Cinematography)
First Class

>Visuals(VFX)
DoFP

>Plot
DoFP

>Action
DoFP

DoFP is the superior movie desu
>>
Other than the early stuff with magneto, First Class was really forgettable for me. The introduction of the young mutants was pretty lame, and I barely remember anything that Kevin Bacon did other than shove that thing in that black dudes mouth. The ending was total crap.

I think Bryan "uncle nasty finger" Singer brought all of the old characters back in DOFP just because he was pissed he dropped out the third one and it ended up sucking. It should've just been a continuation of the first one with the plot about dwarf man trying to invent sentinels not some stupid convoluted time travel thing. Hugh Jackman probably agreed to be in it and then the others found out and they were like we want in too, and then they just invented some future shit.
>>
>>70138012
Well, in Apocalypse he's actually closer to Quicksilver's age, since ten years have passed between DoFP and Apocalypse.
He even makes a comment like "nothing has changed ten years later, I'm still living in my mom's basement... I'm a loser."
>>
>>70140723
Sure did.
>>
>>70138309
>>70138648
literally no
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.